Photo

Which Do You Prefer?

airsoft,nerf,paintball

36 replies to this topic

Poll: which do you like more?

which do you like more?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 03:01 PM

What do you think?
GO CANUCKS WIN WIN WIN YOU GUYS BETTER WIN -me

#2 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 03:14 PM

I like Airsoft(not dissing nerf or anything).

#3 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 03:30 PM

What the fuck.

What the hell do you think I like more? I mean, I'm only a member of a NERF forum. I must have joined this forum because I like paintball better.

Dumbass, why would you make a poll like that on a NERF forum?

Admins... please... I know it's a little too much to ask, but please flame him.
Sylent Blade

http://cam-m.cjb.net

#4 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 04:55 PM

Jesus christ, take your penis out of the fan.

He's just questioning who prefers what. Why couldn't someone who regularly plays paintball (and so happens to be their favorite of the listed choices), also nerf and airsoft on the side?

I don't think admins are going to flame someone because you asked them politely either...

dumbass
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#5 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 05:35 PM

That was the funniest damn thing I have ever heard. Anyways, I don't nerf anymore. I don't have anyone to nerf with, so I go airsofting with some friends that paintball alot and airsoft on the side. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Sylent Blade :wacko:
The girlfriends are for the boobies. The girls who are friends are for the... boobies.
-Howie

#6 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 08:50 PM

Iono... if airsoft wasn't illegal in NJ, I would pick that, but since it is, Nerf is my choice. Airsoft's only leg up over Nerf IMHO is the realism.
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 11:37 PM

Airsoft really is homoerotic. I don't know, it's just a stupid sport. You can't really play anywhere and not get arrested. Besides, I had some pretty decent gun and all, but for some reason, it just never did it for me. It was too much like war. As stupid and queer as that may sound, it didn't feel like a sport, and more just felt like kids hurting each other. Before my dickhead friends made the switch to airsoft, we nerfed all the time. At least every weekend. Sometimes, we would go so far as to have a night war on Friday, all day saturday (with goldeneye and lunch breaks every now and again), and then a little on Sunday. We were all about it. We never considered it a hobby I suppose. I never went searching on the internet for it, I never modded my weapons, and I never really took it seriously. It was just something we did, all the god damn time. This is why, when I showed up to my first REAL nerf war a few years later, after about two rounds, the whole thing came rushing back to me. To be honest, at Apoc, I was ready to leave at the second round. In fact I was planning on going to lunch and not returning, only because I wasn't sure if I liked the modded weapons. Then Hersh lent me his 1500. With him, Jimmy, Nixon and Fred, we all got together for some team work, and really kicked some ass, including Hershes famous bait and tackle stradegy. After that I started to really get a feel for the guys there. I understood why they did it. They weren't just overly satanic, evil, aggresive teenagers (which was my first impression). No, they were just some guys who got together to have a good time. Once I lightened up and realized that this whole thing was pretty funny, I got into it, and all those old feelings I used to get came rushing back. I realized that everything I had hated about the sport (ammo restictions, too few guns, weak guns) were just not there.

Now to the punch line. Airsoft is everything I hate about war games. Overly aggressive, mean spirited, painful, and above all, mostly illegal. When we played in the woods across from my house here in Delaware, we had the cops called out to the sceen, and all they saw was me shooting what looked to be like an M-4. Those of you who have seen me, you know my appearance, is not inviting at first glance. Needless to say, I got a gun in my face, and cuffs on my wrists. I guess what I'm getting at is that fun is all about laughing and having a good time with people you like. Paintball has this, I've seen it. Nerf by far has this. At the Jersey Wars, I never see anyone do anything but laugh all day. Airsoft is just an extremely restricted sport and extremely expensive. Perhaps you have had different expieriences. If so, excellent, I'm happy it worked out. But as far as I can see, it's just not worth the effort.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 01:15 AM

That was the funniest damn thing I have ever heard. Anyways, I don't nerf anymore. I don't have anyone to nerf with, so I go airsofting with some friends that paintball alot and airsoft on the side. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Sylent Blade :lol:

God you think you are funny. And honestly, if I put my penis in a fan, would there be anything to take out after wards? Shitfucker. Put that in a bong and smoke it, both of you.
Sylent Blade

#9 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:37 AM

Bwahaha, I love pissing off newbies. Anyways, Talio, that is the way I came to feel about nerf. My friends wouldn't really take it seriousely, and it didn't seem to be worth it. They felt they had grown to be too old for it, so I researched and found a milsim that could grow old with them...airsoft! Sylent Blade, don't freak out, if you didn't like the topic, you didn't have to post in it in the first place.
The girlfriends are for the boobies. The girls who are friends are for the... boobies.
-Howie

#10 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 09:18 AM

That was the funniest damn thing I have ever heard. Anyways, I don't nerf anymore. I don't have anyone to nerf with, so I go airsofting with some friends that paintball alot and airsoft on the side. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Sylent Blade :lol:

God you think you are funny. And honestly, if I put my penis in a fan, would there be anything to take out after wards? Shitfucker. Put that in a bong and smoke it, both of you.

Posted Image

Attention newbrts: Pour the sand outta' your vag'. Move on. Grow a pair!

You understand that attempting to flame any respected older member here is going to get you flamed worse than a chipmunk swimming in 5 gallons of kerosene? "Shitfucker," eh? You could at least be more creative.

A little advice: Grow up!

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#11 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:08 AM

Pour the sand outta' your vag'.

Bwahahahahaha! He got pwnz3d...badly....

...NINJA! :lol:
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#12 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:10 AM

Attention newbrts: Pour the sand outta' your vag'. Move on. Grow a pair!

You understand that attempting to flame any respected older member here is going to get you flamed worse than a chipmunk swimming in 5 gallons of kerosene? "Shitfucker," eh? You could at least be more creative.

A little advice: Grow up!

Grow up? Well, I'm sorry for trying to be funny or what ever... and it was pretty creative, I mean, nobody else has used it before.

Well, what the fuck, I don't really care too much... getting flamed in a forum is about as intimidating as a little 140 pound kid thinking he can hurt me.

Well, have fun flaming your kerosene drenched chipmunk... I heard it's a national sport in Ireland.
Sylent Blade

#13 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:35 AM

Poor soul. You expect so much yet you give so little. I'm way too tired to give you an explination of forum manners, but you can search around some sites and look for one of those noob guides. I think it'll really help you out, considering I wrote one.
but we do sh*t and F---"

#14 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:43 AM

yea i agree with talio,airsoft is too much like real war.
GO CANUCKS WIN WIN WIN YOU GUYS BETTER WIN -me

#15 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 01:58 PM

I think that's what it was made for, waspy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure police use airsoft to train cadets.

Also, Sylent Blade, don't be so annoying.
-Howie

#16 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 05:41 PM

... getting flamed in a forum is about as intimidating as a little 140 pound kid thinking he can hurt me.

fatty
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#17 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:53 PM

That was retarded. You posted soley for the purpose of spelling a word wrong? Wow... you never cease to amaze me. And as for the word in question, how in the fuck would you know if I was obese or not? I weigh a healthy 181 lbs for my 6'0" frame. Don't make stupid comments like that.
Sylent Blade

#18 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 09:31 PM

They do, and yes that is the basic idea. But it is such a high maintence sport. The only reason I stick with nerf is because is just fun and not really competitive. It's more about showing off your skills, improving your game, and trying to woo your opponents with fancy teamwork. It's like the difference between chess and warhammer. Warhammer is a wargame, extremely realistic, expensive to play, complicated, and high maintence to play. Chess on the other hand, is easy to learn, but takes years of experience to master and is much more intricate. Airsoft, yes is more realistic, but stradegy isn't as important, you send in a sharpshooter and provide him cover fire. Fairly simple tactics, as REAL war ought to be. Yet nerf, it costs very little to get an extremely bitchin gun and takes alot of smarts to get the sucker together. And then, there's stradegy. It's extremely important, you have to time and line your shot just right before you even think about firing. This is why nerf has so many standoffs, which even though some think are boring, but I think are very interesting. Once again, this is merely my opinion. I know there are many people out there who enjoy airsoft, and I say live and let live. But for a me a semi-aggressive, non-violent type, nerf seems more logical, and intellegent. Thanks,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#19 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 09:32 PM

I think that's what it was made for, waspy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure police use airsoft to train cadets.

Also, Sylent Blade, don't be so annoying.

Actually, police usually use regular weapons for target practice...

However when they do live exercises, they use special versions of the guns they actually use that fire small paintballs. It's pretty cool.
but we do sh*t and F---"

#20 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:36 AM

GD, those are airsoft guns. Airsoft guns can fire 6mm paintballs, but it can mess up the gun. Sylent Blade...I don't know what we are going to do with you, you are quickly becoming a troll. We try to be nice to you (at least I did), and you are annoying, so we try to scare you away, and you become even more annoying and don't leave. Just go away, man.
-Howie

#21 Doogie

Doogie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 01:17 PM

I can't believe I twitched like that and voted the way I did. I mean, I love Nerf, but I love Airsoft more.

#22 OutBurst

OutBurst

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:03 PM

Pff, Paintball by far.

OutBurst
Blue To Red Adrenalin AI/I-Frame Impulse w/ Stubby 88/4500 Max Flow, SP LPR, Freak Kit, ND Slick Shot, ND Stubby Equalizer Bolt, ND RIP Valve, Rat Hole SS Hammer, ND Hammer Housing, ND "No-Rise" Feed Neck, and Blue Halo B.

OutBurst

#23 Daedarus

Daedarus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:31 PM

I thought both you brothers paintballed?
-Howie

#24 Trav

Trav

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:33 PM

Paintball, biotch.
Timberland boots-75$
Silver Chain-110$
Baggy Southpole sweatshirt-55$
Fake gold teeth-5$
Doo rag-15$
Realizing you're white-PRICLESS

#25 Doogie

Doogie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 06:39 PM

I thought both you brothers paintballed?

Sometimes I do. I haven't in a long time--paintball for me is saved for warring with Le Oposition, but it's a sport for OutBurst.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users