Night Finder Hop Up

A little experiment

9 replies to this topic

#1 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:59 AM

OK, you all should know what a Hop up is, right? For those who don't, it is on guns and is used to get the effects of angling a gun without losing accuracy. As you know, angling a blaster can cause it to be hard to aim.

All you need for this mod is a barrel that can move around a bit and a regular rubber band.

• Do a normal mod:Ar's, spring replacement, ect. When you do the barrel replacement, make sure you have a relatively thin wall so the barrel can move around.
  • OK, get a rubber band. Start on the bottom of the barrel with it strait. Pull up and cross it. Now, pull it back towards the cocking handle, and set it down. make sure it isn't secures ON the cocking handle, because it may through of accuracy. Here is a rough idea of what it should look Posted Image
  • Now, if you did this right, the barrel will be angled. Adjust the rubber bands down so that it is perfectly strait. It should look like this:
Posted Image

Range comparison:

Normal flat: 53, 50, 55 Normal angled: 60,63,68

Hop up flat:49, 53, 53 Hop up angled:59(bad dart?), 65, 60

Overall, it is a simple mod that if used correctly, can be extremely effective. I tested it in a war and it is extremely effective. After some practice, i can change in about 1 second. I found it to be most effective if someone is trying to run away, or providing covering fire for your rapid fire guys.

Edited by ultra920, 09 December 2007 - 12:01 PM.

There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:42 PM

Cool. Any pics of the gun yet?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:50 PM

Normal flat: 53, 50, 55 Normal angled: 60,63,68

Hop up flat:49, 53, 53 Hop up angled:59(bad dart?), 65, 60

I don't see how it is all that effective. The ranges are reduced by this mod. It seems easier to just angle the gun and know where you're pointing it rather than let the barrel float and jostle with only a rubber band for support. Or is there some strange benefit that I don't see yet?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#4 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

Im gonna have to go with SHA on this one. The ranges did go down on the Hop-Up and in my mind so should the accuracy.

EDIT:changed spelling mistakes.

Edited by rokor, 09 December 2007 - 12:58 PM.

"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#5 aguineapig

aguineapig

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

For a moment i thought you were trying to place a hop-up bucking(like an Airsoft gun's) into the nf's barrel..
fun-petitive!

Her brother literally almost pissed herself.

DO NOT CLICK!!

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:32 PM

That's completely pointless. I'm all for creative mods but anyone can glue a barrel crooked. If you want to fire at an upward angle just move your goddamn hand a fraction of an inch.
SexD Warves

#7 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

Read the subtitle. EXPERIMENT. It can be more of an idea that had been actually done.

SHA: the test may not be 100% accurate. It was a weird kind of day. I'll try a comparison with more constant wind. I found it easier to aim, but that's just me. When i angle, its hard for me to aim. There has to be someone that has a similar problem. I'm actually trying to do this on my LBB, hopefully it would make more sense on a gun like that. I just used a Night Finder to test the theory.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#8 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:03 PM

A Hop up is not angling the barrel. Hop-up systems are used in paint ball & airsoft guns to increase range. A hop up system adds backspin to the round, causing it to gain lift. (like a sinker in baseball, only it spins in the other direction.)

http://en.wikipedia....i.27s_principle

bottom of the page

http://www.specialop...line_barrel.asp

http://www.airsoft.org/
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#9 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

So basically you could call this shit experiment

Regular barrel vs Crooked barrel

And I dont understand in the first place why the crooked barrel on flat is lower... Your crooked barrel must have been more messed up. Or the air flow was reduced in the process.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#10 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:02 AM

I think this calls for the resurrection of the Range Shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users