Star Tours Battle Aged Rebel Alliance Bowcaster Mod

For stock darts,Pics resized.

16 replies to this topic

#1 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

Star tours battle aged rebel alliance bowcaster mod for STOCK DARTS.
Step 1: barrel replacement

First remove all the screws, throw away the scope and remove the red cap in the front of the blaster.
Posted Image

Then take out the plunger tube and cut off the rubber tube and cap it is attached to.
Posted Image

Then hot glue about 2 and one half inches of PETG on to the front of the plunger tube.
Posted Image

Step 2: minimization

Make a mark with a sharpie on the right half of the body shell
Posted Image

and cut it like so.
Posted Image

Then on the left side remove the ammo holder and cut it like the other half.
Posted Image

Next put the ammo holder back on, reassemble the internals and screw the case back together. You may also want to cut off the stock.
Posted Image

Then hot glue all around were the plunger sticks out.
Posted Image

Apply a bunch of duck tape.
Posted Image

Then add a small screw on the left or right side on the plunger handle and put on 2 weak rubber bands like so.
Posted Image

After all that is done should look like this.
Posted Image

Flat ranges are as follows
1: 48'
2: 50'
3: 52'
4: 49'
5: 50'

I think that is very good considering stock range was less than 10 feet.

Pictures have been resized.

Comments, questions, flames?

Edited by nerfalchemist, 10 December 2007 - 10:35 PM.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#2 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:59 PM

I'm sorry dude, but I gotta say this. You just took one of the sweetest shells ever, and made one of the ugliest pistols ever.

But other than that, good job.
Sup?

#3 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:39 AM

Instead of PETG I would recommend 17/32 brass. The PETG is to loose for stock darts. And for stock darts it is better to have a tight fit.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#4 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

Instead of PETG I would recommend 17/32 brass. The PETG is to loose for stock darts. And for stock darts it is better to have a tight fit.

My PETG is a weird size so it fits stock darts tight like 17/32 brass.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:21 AM

What the hell is Star Tours? You mean Star Wars?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#6 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

Star Tours is a simulation ride in Disney World. I think he got this gun in the gift shop after the ride.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#7 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:34 AM

Star Tours is a simulation ride in Disney World. I think he got this gun in the gift shop after the ride.

Correct! My brother went on it and I met him at the giftshop and there it was.

Edited by nerfalchemist, 08 December 2007 - 10:35 AM.

#8 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

That is one of my favorite rides there ( besides roller-coasters ). I have seen guns similar to that before and they absolutely are terrible. Getting 50 feet out of that is like getting 90 feet out of a NF.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:28 PM

When those pics are resized, I can add it to the directory.
It's like a chubby little pistol for chubby little hands.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

Yah I have to agree with Angel, this gun looks a little weird for a pistol. But good job nontheless.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#11 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

I did this mod before, and it even looks exactly like that. The only difference is I use the stock barrel, but cut it down.
kthxbaisend

#12 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

That is one of my favorite rides there ( besides roller-coasters ). I have seen guns similar to that before and they absolutely are terrible. Getting 50 feet out of that is like getting 90 feet out of a NF.

Since you don’t believe me I will post a video later.

#13 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:35 PM

Yeah it is a really fun ride but I refuse to get on it ever again (with my dad atleast) since they had to stop it when my dad got sick.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#14 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

Yeah it is a really fun ride but I refuse to get on it ever again (with my dad atleast) since they had to stop it when my dad got sick.

#15 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

I never said I did not believe you. I was congratulating you on a sick mod.
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#16 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

Oh sorry I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were saying my ranges were wrong because I don’t think you can get 90 out of a NF. I will still post a range test video later.

#17 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration. Sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users