9 replies to this topic

#1 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

I was looking for a crossbow when i stumbled across this,

http://www.outdoorsu...asp?prod=456386

I know it doesnt shoot nerf darts but i wanted to know if someone has expeience with it. It seems like someone could make it shoot nerf darts. I just wanted to collect information to see if i might get one.

#2 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:25 PM

Looks like it just pushes the dart forward with an elastic band. Maybe you could attach a plunger to the band so it could fire stephans.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#3 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:09 AM

These guns have been around for over 5 years. People have used them before to fire stefans and I believe they reported ranges of around 40 feet or so. I'm pulling that from memory, but I think it's a pretty accurate guess.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#4 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

I got one as a xmas present a couple of years ago. It's pretty cool for shooting around the house with the darts they provide. I think you'd need some thick darts to shoot out of it though.

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:19 AM

I saw the thread title, and I was like wow, someone got a Wildcat or RC-150 or something.

i would call it impractical for Nerf.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#6 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:54 AM

I have tried to modify my cousins, but the ranges were barely 35, and the accuracy was REALLY bad.

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#7 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

That aint no crossbow. -_- And I doubt anyone is going to find anything that really is identical to a crossbow. <_<

#8 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

That aint no crossbow. -_- And I doubt anyone is going to find anything that really is identical to a crossbow. <_<

Uh... he didn't say it was a Crossbow, he said he found it while he was searching for a Crossbow. Read a little more carefully next time.

On-Topic: It looks like a waste of plastic for almost $21, especially with the ranges being only 40 feet.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#9 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

The bandit crossbow is a cool nerf weapon because, stock, it can shoot micros, nanos, megas, jumbos, and pretty much anything you can stuff into it. Its ranges are more around 50-60 feet.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#10 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

Uh... he didn't say it was a Crossbow, he said he found it while he was searching for a Crossbow. Read a little more carefully next time.

On-Topic: It looks like a waste of plastic for almost $21, especially with the ranges being only 40 feet.

The bandit crossbow is a cool nerf weapon because, stock, it can shoot micros, nanos, megas, jumbos, and pretty much anything you can stuff into it. Its ranges are more around 50-60 feet.

Woops, sorry Blasphemy, I guess I should read more carfully. That is a bad habit of mine. -_- IT happens to me with directions too. And, That does sound cool from what Uber said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users