Photo

Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Perhaps the first Mississauga-Winter war?

68 replies to this topic

#51 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

Okay, we're almost ready. I've got some NFs to mod and some darts to make, though I may be out of weights soon. Chad had to drop out, but Cory and maybe my friend and myself will be picked up by Prometheus.

Five days...

Edited by deaddumpster, 21 January 2008 - 06:31 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#52 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

Wars coing up soon boys and it should be a fun time. The weather does not seem to be agreeing much with us but it should be a fun time anywho. The snow will mostly be covered by the trees so there should'nt be to much snow on the ground; but as for foam, consider 90% of it lost. I mean i'm sure we can do dart sweeps but it still will be hard to find in the thick brush.

Question. I have had a cold war before, but never a full out winter war. What are you guys going to wear to keep in retrospect with the snow?

Looking forward to meeting you all.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#53 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

I will be wearing a light jacket and if there is snow on the ground I will also be wearing snow pants. I also have these nike gloves that keep your hands really warm and are also really thin so i can move my triger finger faster. And I can scratch the titan rule if its really necessary, but I would have to get my friend another gun.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#54 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

Well I mean i'm just worried on the fact that it can pop 200feet. from 20 feet to the face, with the right dart that can chip a tooth. In the end i'm just a player and your making the rules. I'm just lending a helping hand.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#55 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

Rokor, I've got an extra gun your friend can use. Hell, I've got enough for two people, so consider extra primaries covered, but you'll need to get him a sidearm.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#56 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

Ok thanks deaddumpster, Il check in with him again. And although it is un-likely he would be stupid enough to pop one off at someone less than 100 ft away, I will make a rule that no singled titans can be used.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#57 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

No problem, and if anyone needs an extra I've got a BBB sitting around here. Just a simple barrel replacement, nothing big, but it works very well.

#58 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

Alright so its on for tomorrow.
Where am I going. #1 #2 or #3? Where is base camp going to be?
Posted Image

DRESS WARM PEOPLE. IT IS CANADA!

Undershirt.
T shirt
long sleeve shirt
Sweater
Jacket

Boxers
Jeans
Camo pants

Thick ass thermal socks
Boots

Face mask.
Toque with heat pockets.
protective eye wear

Also bring spears in case we run into any of those pesky polar bears. Not just any spears, break out the good spears! The ones you would protect your igloo with, up here in Canada!

Its on baby!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#59 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

I am going to quote the words of a wise man when I say "this sucks". I can't seem to weasel my way out of this party. And as such, I will not be attending the war tomorrow. On the plus side, I will have more time to plan for a possible indoor war in Newmarket instead of realizing that I don't have darts, materials to make darts, and decent primaries to share with 2 others.

Have fun with out me you little crappers.

P.s. There are Recons in the New Walmart in Aurora.

Edited by penguin807, 25 January 2008 - 08:49 PM.

#60 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

I'll most likely be seconding that. Prometheus's car is in the shop due to a crack in the windshield, so we've currently got no means of transportation. Cory's talking to friends, and I've got extra armament for them (but that would mean the Titan would need to be used unless Promy did go), or possibly a camera. Still, it's an 80% chance I won't be able to go now.

The bad things HAVE to come up last minute don't they?

EDIT: Talked to Cory, none of his friends can do it, so it looks like we'll need to sit this one out. Sorry, guys. I assure you, though, I'll make it to the next war for sure.

Edited by deaddumpster, 25 January 2008 - 09:21 PM.

#61 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

Angel- that would be number two if Im correct, its the second parking lot towards the Estate.

EDIT: Angel, just got your PM about the number, and thanks, I wouldnt have thought about it that way.

Edited by rokor, 30 January 2008 - 11:13 AM.

Talio in Shoutbox.

#62 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, I talked to Cory again a minute ago. None of his friends can give us a lift, so I guess we'll have to sit this one out, which really sucks becuase I was looking forward to it and I was better prepared than last time. Rest assured, though, I promise I'll make it to the next war that pops up.

#63 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:49 AM

It's go time baby!
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#64 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

Review time: WCNO.

Well on the pros side:

We were able to Nerf in the winter!

The venue was amazing. medium to big trees to dodge around while chasing/evading someone. Uneven terrain, Very bumpy ground makes for fun running. An old brick square to take cover behind. Some strange makeshift Teepee to bunker in. Very little people. Away from the public eyes view.

The weather was awesome for winter! Next to no wind, very light snowfall to add to the scenery but not enough to be bothersome at all.

On the Cons side:

Nobody showed! Only 4 people!
This is way out of Rokors hands.
I am going to blame it on a combination of bad luck, bad timing, sketchiness and overall pussery of people who cannot take the cold. It really wasn't that bad and even if it was dress warmer!
I had no idea how much foam shrank in the cold. I am either going to have to make a winter beater gun with naturally tight barrels or create 17/32" inserts for the guns I will be using in the future.

Favorite memories.

Nick shooting Rokor in the forehead with my maxshot and leaving a massive welt.

The two people that came with the two big great Danes. They were yelling at their dogs and then Mark asked me very loudly, " Is that a guy and a girl, or two guys!" I died laughing after I told him to keep his voice down.

Seeing the inbred father and son drive through on ATV's.

Shooting both Nick and Rokor in the head as much as possible.

The one 50-60 foot head shot I got on Rokor.

Breaking out the Mega pistol and just murdering the pistol rounds.

The looks on peoples faces as I saw them down the sights of the Mega pistol.

The overall sneakiness of Blink in the forest.

Seeing Blink fall.

The first war I ever went to where I didn't get shot in the head.

Locking the keys in my car again!

Blink saving the day again by breaking into my car. He was payed in socks.

Me realizing I actually met up with Rokor months and months ago to give him some foam was pretty cool. I had no idea.

Calling Hexen who was just waking up at the time who thought the war was in February.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look forward to this war next year. Hopefully Human error, bad luck, bullshit doesn't happen with people next year. You guys really did miss out.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#65 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hopefully Human error, bad luck, bullshit doesn't happen with people next year. You guys really did miss out.

Believe what you want. I actually DID have a party that I couldn't get out of that day. I am only 14... Not quite the age that you can decide what "important" family events you can and can't go to. Anyway, was there anybody filming the war? Sorry I couldn't show. There would've been 7 people then...

One request though, can it not be on the 26th of January next year?

#66 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

Penguin, That was not directed to you but more towards the general populace that said they were going and then didn't.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#67 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:07 PM

Would this Mega pistol, happen to be a pistol that shoots megas, or a pistol that is mega?

#68 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

A pistol that is mega.
It was doing very well at the war.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#69 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

...very, very well! I only remember a couple headshots you got on me with it, but I still have the bruise on my neck from when you took the shot atleast 65ft away. Overall, I think it was a great time, but would have been better if more people showed.
Talio in Shoutbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users