Photo

Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Perhaps the first Mississauga-Winter war?

68 replies to this topic

#1 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:59 PM

Well I wanted to organize a war earlier this year but due to my too young age I was temperarly(sp?) banned.

Most of this description is copied directly from my other Mississauga war thread but I have added some things.

-The date is the fourth Saturday of January, January 26th.

-I can get some food like pizza and water, but itl only be two larges unless some people wanna help out. ;) .

-No singled titans or any really powerfull homemades, if you are not sure about a gun, feel free to ask me.

-Eye protection is mandatory.

-Grenades are allowed.

-The place I plan on playing in is cawthra forest and around the Cawthra estate which is made up of very, very many trees.

-bring some spare guns to sell or maybe lend out, Il bring some spares.

-any ages allowed but prefferably older than 13(or 13)

-Games- We will be playing East Coast style rules for most of the games but for the following two games, it will be a one hit kill rule. -Witch Doctor, 2 and 3 team games.
-Dishonorable, 2 and 3 team games.

East Coast Style rules -Capture the Flag, 2 and 3 team games
-Elimination, 2 and 3 team games
-Central Flag, 2 and 3 team games
-Pistol and sidearm Elimination, 2 and 3 team games
-Fortress, 2 and 3 team games

-a link to the map of Cawthra Estate on mapquest http://www.mapquest....ate=on&zipcode=

-we willl meet just infront of the estate

So if you want to come just leave a post and I will give everyone directions if they pm me. Date is still undecided but probably a Saturday in the middle of January.
If I left anything out just post a question and I will add it to this.

Everyone coming so far:Rokor+1-3
Penguin807+2-5
deaddumpster+7 or more
Kenpachi_Taicho+about 5
Forsaken_Angel24
Prometheus
Cardiac Kid
Hexan
Munchie
A Meal
Ivgeni
Blink_182

I may have forgotten some people or not have posted them as coming, so correct me if there is a mistake.

Edited by rokor, 22 January 2008 - 03:44 PM.

"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

Jesus Christ. January is the busy month at my gym so they have me working 6 days a week. The only days I have off in January is Friday.

I may see if I can swing something though depending on how many people are coming.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:57 PM

Sweet. I'll have to double check with my parental unit, but it looks good so far.

If I come (which I most likely will) I'll probably be bringing 2-5 people with me.

Edited by penguin807, 26 November 2007 - 11:02 PM.

#4 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

Sounds like we may have something going. Im also gonna bring some(about 4) people from around here that are into nerf. Il try and get some pictures once it dries up over here.

Edited by rokor, 05 January 2008 - 11:28 AM.

Talio in Shoutbox.

#5 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

If I check it over with everyone here, I may be able to come and bring one or two others with me. I'll keep you informed.

EDIT: Okay, just talked, it's a 99% chance I'll be there. Give me a date and a google maps link and I'm there. Angel, I'm crossing my fingers, try booking the day off or, if that doesn't work, switch the day off to Saturday and work the Friday. Who knows if that will work, but it's worth a try.

Edited by deaddumpster, 27 November 2007 - 06:08 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#6 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

I'm aware that you said how any modded nerf gun is allowed, but you might wanna consider banning singled Titans. Even though it's the winter I bet those bad boys can go 160 feet flat.
Still no word from my mom, but I haven't really asked her yet so that's probably why...
Maybe if enough people are coming, there'll be some East Coasters showing up too.

EDIT: Hey guys, not to put a damper on things, but I just read this from the Cawthra Estate's website.

The Cawthra Estate, a Heritage home, is also a part of Cawthra Community Centre facility. It is located within the adjacent woodland to the North of the arena and community centre.

The Cawthra Estate provides a perfect setting for small functions, including weddings, socials and training courses. It has a capacity to accommodate groups up to 50 people.

The woodland adjacent to the site is considered an Environmentally Significant Woodland and as such outside activities are restricted.

A different place perhaps?

Edited by penguin807, 28 November 2007 - 10:30 AM.

#7 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:37 AM

Weekend Winter War, in January, in Mississauga.....I'm IN. I'll do my best to get a bunch of my college buddies to come aswell. After I hear from my buddies I'll let you know what dates will work best for us. I'm guessing my "entourage" will be about 5 people.

K_T

#8 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

Here is the link to the address on mapquest.

http://www.mapquest....ate=on&zipcode=

And if too many people have a problem with the titans then I will not allow them, but for Penguin807, Ive played paintball at cawthra before so it shouldnt be a problem, theres never anyone patrolling and people in the neighbourhood are so nice they will just walk around us.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:15 PM

Alright fine, It is going to cost me a good amount of coin but I am going to try my best to come.
If I get the day off and the date changes, I will be mega pissed. If I am going you can count on at least 5 and me. Most likely more, I will start talking to people if I can get the day off.

Now because its winter you have to factor in a few things:

Will we feel the hits?
Not as much. Can everyone go by the honor system?

Will guns break?
Of course its Winter, the cold makes plastic brittle. I will not be bringing Doomsayer or Eyes of Fire. Bring back up guns and winter beater guns! High powered spring guns over over pressured air guns will most likely break. I would recommend air guns without OP plugged and spring pistols that normally shoot under 60 feet and primaries that shoot less than 100. Too much power = breakage in the cold.

Bring tons of darts. I wish I still had my red foam at this point. Fucking company changing their color for no known reason!

Wear lots of layers! Its Winter.

Can we get any pics up of the Location?

EDIT:

http://maps.google.c...1&t=h&z=16&om=1

I just realized I did summer school there. Fun times, really.
I also dated a girl who lived just off of parkway place.
I broke up with her on the bleachers there. One of the most dramatic things I have ever been through.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 28 November 2007 - 10:27 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#10 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

Well I have school tommorow so Il get pictures latter on tomorrow, and Il get a for sure date posted up tomorrow aswell.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#11 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:48 AM

If you wait a little longer to set a date in stone, I may be able to bring about 8 people. So for I have 4 people other than myself coming.

Oh the words of the wise Angel, I was also thinking that this might not be the best time to bring out some of the big guns (mind the small pun). I can vouch for my crew that we will play by the honor system, very honorably. When it comes down to it we will be there to have fun, not bitch over getting hit.

Some of my buddies are just starting to get into nerf, and I'm not sure if I can fully supply them with spare guns myself. Would anyone be able to bring a few "extras" (I know there's no such thing as an "extra" nerf gun!) to help out?

K_T

#12 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:21 PM

Well I might be able to bring an extra pistol and maybe one primary but dont count on it. I couldnt get the pictures today because its really windy here and the date is probably going to be the second saturday of January. If my dad gets in a better mood Il confirm the date tonight.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#13 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:28 PM

So far, the 3rd saturday of January is looking better for me. Does that work with everyone else?

#14 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:16 PM

That should be fine for me. When I finish eating dinner Il post up the final date, if the third Saturday is good for everyone else.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#15 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:55 PM

I'm very flexible when it comes to dates as I'm still in high school, so what works for you guys will most likely work for me. Once we get a finalized date, my mom will have no excuse to not give me straight answer, so expect one from me soon.

If I'm coming I'll try my best to bring some lend-outs, but I'm not sure if I'll have too many, because my Nerf guns are like my babies, and I wouldn't want my babies to get cold and have their air tank 'splode would
I?

#16 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:37 PM

Just as insurance, if anyone of my buddies damages anyone's nerf gun I'll personally make sure that it get's fixed. If it is un-fixable, I'll personally replace it (including any work for modding or painting).

As far as a date, the 19th of January (the 3rd saturday) seems to be what works the best for my "crew". Before we set anything in stone we should wait to hear from the others about this date though.

#17 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:38 AM

The 19th is best for me, too. Lets get everyone else's opinions here! Depending on the date, Prometheus said he may be able to come with us. Him and me were talking about the second Saturday, but I'm pretty sure he'll be able to make the third saturday very easily. I'll IM him.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#18 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

January 19th is probably the best date aswell because thats the only weekend Im not up at Blue Mountain. Il add it to the original post. And is the titan fine with everyone becasue I want to know if I should get another gun for a friend. And for the lend outs, I will have a CPVCed single at3k, a painted and modded Nightfinder and maybe a CPVCed BBB. If you need a gun just post here or PM me to reserve it.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:54 PM

The later on in the month the better for me.
The 19th should be ok but the 26th would be best work wise.
I think whatever date is best for most people is fine with me.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#20 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

I might be able to do the 26th, but I want to know what everybody else wants first. Post up your preffered date and then itl be official.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#21 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

I'm very flexible when it comes to dates as well, so either is good for me.

#22 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

Ok, well no one has a date when they cant come so I guess it will be the 26th. If anyone wants to debate the titan rule still, then I will tell you that we will probably be wearing jacket and that cushions the hits alot. But if you really do have a problem with the titan then Il make it oficial. And the types of games we will be playing are-a whole bunch of different team games, some assasin style ruled games, capture the flag, and if we still have enough people when it gets dark(around 4:30-5:00) then a game bassed on assasin rules but in the dark. So get some fashlights!
Talio in Shoutbox.

#23 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

I'm liking the sounds of this war rokor. I still haven't heard from some of my buddies if they'd prefer the 19th or the 26th, so to bad for them. I'm good for the 26th.

#24 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

Ive just added the official date so now its too late to change.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#25 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

K_T, it's getting better by the minute. I'm bringing about 7 people, maybe more. Prometheus will be with us if he goes and we will have a ton of guns. This is going to be a ton of fun, but for fuck sakes, wear layers! I'ts going to be cold and I've seen people in my school come in January with light sweaters and it never ended well.

Is anyone bringing a video camera? I think we may be able to take pics but that's all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users