Ohio War Planning

Christmas break baby

110 replies to this topic

#1 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:56 AM

I'm thinking we need an Ohio war during Christmas break. I could host the war up here in Cleveland, but it might be better to have it in a more central location.

Who would want to come? What location is best for you? Any days in particular?

Lets get this rolling.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

Pretty much any day after Christmas works for me. I don't know when my break starts but I will be in PA on the 23rd.

I'm game for another war. What city were you thinking?
SexD Warves

#3 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:05 PM

How about in the metro parks or something. I live in Lakewood, right next to cleveland. Basically any day is fine between the 20th and the 6th, excluding xmas eve, xmas, New Years eve, and New Years.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#4 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:05 PM

I might be able to come.
The closer it is, the more likely it is I can come.
5 hours of driving is kinda getting close to my limit.
Any day except the obvious is fine.

Edited by bobafan, 25 November 2007 - 02:45 PM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

Weekends in December:
22/23
29/30

Weekends in January:
5/6

I assume we'll want to do it on a weekend for people that have to work but if a weekday works that would leave more options open.
SexD Warves

#6 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

My spring semester starts on the 7th, so anything the weekend before -- or after, for that matter -- is out (so much for Reckoning...).

I would most likely be able to come out on the 29/30, less likely to come on the 22/23.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not working over break so weekdays are fine with me.

Edited by jwasko, 25 November 2007 - 09:06 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#7 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:51 PM

I'm in, and you guys know I'll be able to get a couple to come with me. I could host another one down here, which would be closer for bobafan, or we could do Cleveland again. It's up to you guys.

I'm finished with my co-op work term on the 28th of December and winter classes don't start until Jan. 7th. Weekend of the 29/30th would most likely be best, but I have the whole next week (Dec. 31-Jan. 4th) off as well.

#8 gunpowder jones

gunpowder jones

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:09 PM

Wasko, we could probably get a pretty big Pittsburgh contingent to make the trip. Or we could start thinking about hosting one at our indoor place, if theres any interest? Just a thought.

Edited by gunpowder jones, 25 November 2007 - 10:10 PM.

nerf...my anti drug

#9 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

I will be busy on the 29th. The Saturday following every Christmas my whole family gets together to celebrate. Friday the 28th should work for me, so do you all want to finalize for a Friday, December 28th date? Or would you rather it be on a weekday? And NerfMonkey...could you get a ride if it's not on a Saturday? I know your mom drives you and so I'm not sure if she works and would not be able to give you a ride.

As far as location goes, I'm willing to drive. I missed out on TCNO and I don't want to miss the next big Ohio war, so I'll do what I have to.

The Cleveland area would be the best for me of course. It looks like that'd be a good location for boisie too, since he lives in a Cleveland suburb. A brief Mapquest search shows me that Pittsburgh is about 2 hours from Cleveland and 3 hours from Columbus, so Cleveland would be the best location for the Pitt guys. NerfMonkey also lives closer to Cleveland than to Columbus I believe.

bpso86 and his Cincinnati friends would be closer to Columbus obviously. Cleveland is over 5 hours from bobafan, but Columbus is only about 3.

Knowing that, I think that somewhere around Cleveland would be a good bet. If everyone is cool with that, I can start scouting good war locations. The last CANO was at a decent spot, but I believe we can do better. If I'm missing out on something and you would all rather have it in the Columbus (or possibly Cinci) area, I'm fine with that too. I just want to make it easy for everyone.

-Diablo

#10 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:32 AM

Pittsburgh is only about 3 hours from Columbus (according to Google maps), so it's still do-able if you really want to have it there.

Not that I wouldn't mind having it in Cleveland, of course...

PS: Jones, I'll PM you tomorrow; I just never got around to it tonight...oops.

Edited by jwasko, 26 November 2007 - 12:33 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves

#11 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

Well I made a map with dots for known places of residence for participants as of now.
Posted Image
It looks like I'm kinda out of luck for a shorter trip.
I can put on dots for jwasko and and NerfMonkey if you tell me where to put them.

Edited by bobafan, 29 November 2007 - 05:42 PM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

#12 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

Fuck.

I've got a lot of shit going on all through that month. The 28th might work for me, I don't know yet. My brother and his girlfriend are moving to VA and want to be all settled in by the 28th, so my mom will probably not be here. I might still be able to get a ride.

I should have a driver's license by now (not that it would matter because I wouldn't be able to drive that far alone), but I am a lazy bastard.
SexD Warves

#13 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:05 PM

Haha I like that map.

Friday the 28th wouldn't work for me, as I have to work until 4pm and tack on a 4hr-ish drive... don't think so.

Cleveland does seem best. We could try for Sunday the 30th if you guys still want to do that weekend, but as I said before I'm pretty open other than the 28th and before.

#14 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

I'm from Pittsburgh, too, Boba, so you can just cut and copy my name over by Gunpowder jones's.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm not "for sure, 100%" in. All in all, though, I could most likely make it any day around the weekend of the 29/30.

Technically, there's no reason I can't go before Christmas, but... meh, I'd rather not. Most people seem to prefer after Christmas, anyway.

#15 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

I'll be in Cincinnati, OH from December 19th to January 2nd for Christmas break.

#16 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:54 PM

I'm in Columbus and if it is closer than an hour away I can go I think...

Don't count me in unless it is close.

There are a few cool spots that I know of.

LINKIES:

Whetstone

Beer Park (Not actually full of Beer it's just Anheuser Busch)

Ohio State golf course (We'd have to rent it)
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#17 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:13 PM

How much does the golf course cost?
I think it would be awesome to have an entire golf course for nerfing.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#18 gunpowder jones

gunpowder jones

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

A golf course might be too large though, depending on how many people attend. Bobafan, your map was bloody brilliant.
nerf...my anti drug

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

Call at their website and talk about holding a sporting event.

Or, I could see if I can get a student to get a tee time.

Or, we could sneak on...

The OSU golf course would be sweet to play on and Coulmbus seems like a central location for everyone in the region.

Damn, I could be hosting and going to my first BIG war.

Who could go?
What day is the best?
I could bring 2 people.
I could not go at all...sad but true my family has frigging holiday tradition that could interfere with the 29th maybe.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#20 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

Sadly, I can't go anywhere outside of like five minutes. Its not my fault I'm amazingly into nerf, and in 8th grade... Unless something could be happening that would make my parents want to go down there. Any big concerts or shows or something coming up?
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#21 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

I'm not too into the golf course idea. Might be too big, and there wouldn't be a whole lot of cover. I could probably do 3 hours to Columbus (I will probably be driving part of the way) so that would probably work, I'd just prefer a nice park-type area.

Whetstone could probably work but rose bushes + legs = pain. I'm not sure about the sports park, what does it look like? I tried Google imaging it but all I got was pictures of buildings and shit.

I'd be content with a location like the place we played at in June with the field with the big bush in it.
SexD Warves

#22 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:19 PM

I wasn't that serious about the golf course, it just would be cool to have such a large area without the distraction of stopping for pedestrians.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#23 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

Whetstone could probably work but rose bushes + legs = pain. I'm not sure about the sports park, what does it look like? I tried Google imaging it but all I got was pictures of buildings and shit.

I'd be content with a location like the place we played at in June with the field with the big bush in it.

Well, Whetstone has 0 rose bushes outside of it's garden, but there are sort of hedgerow deals & open fields (might have to move a little if people show up):

Posted Image

Posted Image

The golf course has some nice areas that provide cover (hardest to get and tied for first):

Posted Image

The beer park and my apartment complex (easiest to get and worst to play):

Posted Image

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#24 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

I should be fine with Sunday, December 30th.

I'm not fine with the idea of Nerfing on a golf course, or any of the other fields Lynx posted really.

-Diablo

#25 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:57 PM

I think the golf course would be to hard to organize without getting tickets from OSU poe-poe (don't pay them anyways). The Beer Park is too open. Whetstone has cover with trees, large fields and can be played on without organizing anything with Whetstone. I am currently in spitting distance from Whetstone. No really, I am.

If we do anything it should be Whetstone. Are we okay with this?

Still not sure If I'd be in town that day...

If I'm in town I'd probably be able to go depending on my parent's work...

Number of people that can go to Whetstone?

It is a central location to the map on this thread and we might get some others from other sites.

Posted Image

P.S.: Nerf Monkey is in Youngstown. Got to love Frappr!

Edited by Lynx, 29 November 2007 - 06:00 PM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users