Stock Streamlines = Major Range

Wow...

7 replies to this topic

#1 tyrant bb

tyrant bb

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the streamline darts have the farthest range of all darts? I did actual range tests today with stefans, stock micros (with the suction cups), and streamlines. I was using a modified NF with a CPVC barrel. The stefans and suction cup micros got around 50 feet (flat). The streamlines got like 70 feet (still flat)! I know streamlines are not accurate and they don't hit hard so they're not good for a war, but still... go and try this and tell me if you get the same results as me.
Palm beach is in florida you dingaling face.

#2 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

When properly made, both Converted Taggers and Stefans will easily outrange Streamlines. What are your Stefans weighted with? How long are they? How well do you think they are made?
The Streamline darts are also extremely inconsistent because of how much they spin out. Sometimes they will spin upward and make it look like a flat shot went really far, but it's actually just because the dart bounced upward. Other times it will spin straight to the ground and give you like 30'. At all times, the darts are always too inaccurate to actually hit someone.
I think plugging that hole in the top of the dart will make it more accurate. A little bit of hotglue should work fine.

#3 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Still, if its not accurate, its not worth it. did you see the flight path. I did the same thing but the darts soared up high, causing them to spin around and loose all sense of effectiveness.

edit: damnit Retiate, beat me to it.

Edited by ultra920, 24 November 2007 - 06:22 PM.

There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#4 tyrant bb

tyrant bb

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

I did lots of testing with various stefans. The ones that got the furthest range were:

-weighted with type BB fishing weights (3/0 got the same range, but it didn't seem like they were going as fast)
-2" long
-Well... they weren't that greatly made. The sides are a bit cut uneven, and the big hole burnt in the back might be a bit off. It isn't really that poorly made though.

Edit: Yeah, my darts do spin around a lot and they fly up. They never seemed to fly downward though...

Edited by tyrant_bb, 24 November 2007 - 06:22 PM.

Palm beach is in florida you dingaling face.

#5 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

You can make the streamlines a little more accurate if you just cut the empty plastic dome on the top of them. I did it to mine and they work alot better.

#6 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

I find that if you use a high powered gun, streamlines will fly in random directions, curving as they go. I have seen then curve straight down and land 20 feet from me, but also fly about 150' out of a BBB.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#7 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

I find that if you use a high powered gun, streamlines will fly in random directions, curving as they go. I have seen then curve straight down and land 20 feet from me, but also fly about 150' out of a BBB.

Yeah, they're just too random to be show accurate results. I've had the same things happen with my Pump Shotgun, AT2K, and other high powered guns.

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

Just put 2 BB's in the tip of the dart (squeeze them into that little hole in the tip) and it'll solve all of your accuracy problems.

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users