A Good Coupler

3 replies to this topic

#1 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:36 PM

I wanted to make a couple mod for my EAB and my BBB. Although when I get the 1/2 coupler from Lowes for a 1/2 cpvc pipe, its so hard to take it off again. I saw this guy, I forgot his name, with his famous XtremeAir FirstShot with a couple mod. His barrels were bigger than 1/2 but had like a 1/2 barrel in a larger one. Relaoding was very easy.

I need suggestions on how to make the 1/2 coupler easier to detach.
Also an explanation on the guy's FirstShot.
And any suggestions for a good, easy reloading coupler mod.

Thanks

CAPS
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

Sand out the inside of the coupler SLIGHTLY with either a rolled-up piece of sandpaper or a Dremel. You do not want to remove a lot of material, or the barrel might fly off when you shoot the gun.

From the description you gave, it sounds like the barrels were 1/2" CPVC nested in 1/2" PVC or something of the sort. I have no idea why you would need to nest barrels like that unless the coupler he used was 1/2" PVC. Usually you only nest if the actual barrel (the one nested in the second material) has no coupler, and must be attached to the gun using the coupler of the larger material.

For an easier to reload coupler mod, try a speedloader. Basically, take two barrels and tape them together, pointed in opposite directions and with about 1"+ of the loading end (the one to be shoved in the coupler) hanging over the edge of the other barrel. Search for speedloader and you should find something.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 23 November 2007 - 03:58 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:20 PM

Yeah I realized it was a speedloader the guy was using. Yeah I'll probably try sanding the barrel and the coupler.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#4 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

Yeah I realized it was a speedloader the guy was using. Yeah I'll probably try sanding the barrel and the coupler.

I had a similar problem when I nested Cpvc into pvc. The cpvc would push out onto the pvc making it (the pvc) too big, I sanded the barrel to avoid the risk of messing up a coupler that was already attached to a gun.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users