What Do You Like About Nerf?

What is it that attatches you...

15 replies to this topic

#1 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:37 AM

Here is where you should list/mention/whatever what you like about Nerf... What is it that makes Nerf so awesome... Forgive me if there have been topics like this in the past...

For me personally is the fact you can play inside and that the darts don't relativly hurt compared to Paintball and Airsoft... Also the guns are way more expensive in Paintball and Airsoft- so you can only have about 2 or 3 guns instead of a whole arsenal of Nerf Guns!
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:05 AM

Things I like about Nerf.

You can shoot them at friends.
You can legally carry them down the street.
They are cheap so building an arsenal is easy.
They can be found at thrift stores for super cheap.
It is possible to dodge shots.
The Modifications! Let creativity be your guide.
I like how you can make your own darts and re-use shots.
Shots are normally carefully placed. (Spray and pray is irritating to me.)
Keeps kids active.
Guns are light weight.

Theres more I just cant think of any more at 2:05am.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

I would have to say that my favorite thing about Nerf is the fact that every gun if modded and fined tuned to match your skill and darts. I also like how each gun possesses some advantages and disadvantages. For instance a RF20 beats a X-bows rate of fire. But the X-bow easily out ranges the RF20. And you can take each of those special skills and incorporate it to yourself. Also as The Bone said I like how you can have an entire arsenal instead of only a few guns. And one of my favorite things about Nerf is when you tell people about it. Their first reaction is that a foam projectile could not be used by anyone but little kids. Or they say that there is no way that some dumb plastic toy could hurt them. But when they come to your house and you take a gun and shoot them or shoot some cardboard (depending on how strong the gun is) and how they wince in pain or take a step back in fear of how strong you can get a simple Nerf gun to achieve. And finally of course playing with them. There is no better joy to have with plastic guns then to shoot up your friends and have a blast.

Edited by hierarchy, 23 November 2007 - 02:16 AM.

QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:53 AM

My favorite things about Nerf are 1: How you can dodge darts flying at you. Everything is so close up and you really gotta be agile and on your toes to be avoid being eliminated. I really, really like this.
And 2: How much you can mod your guns and all the creativity you can put into modding. One of my favorite mods of all time is Frost Vectron's Rattler. It's the perfect example of this too. Just look at how different and unique that thing is. I love it.

Now there are a lot more things that I really like about Nerf too. One being how you can build up a big arsenal without spending a fortune. I also like going to Goodwill and searching around for some cool rarer Nerf guns. I like how just about every gun has it's ups and downs. Everything is well balanced. It's not "well this gun cost me $800 so it shoots further and it's more accurate than this $400 gun. And it's full auto."

In Nerf, the gun doesn't make the player. The player makes the gun.

#5 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:04 AM

In airsoft or paintball, how "good" your guns are, also meaning how "good" YOU are, depends on your income. If you can buy a 500$ gun your going to just be better than the guy with the 130$ kit from walmart. But in nerf, The performance of the gun, and YOUR performance in wars, all depends on how skilled you are at modifying them and at using them. Yuo can make guns to match your unique style. And on top of all of that, its fun as hell.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#6 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:28 AM

Well my favorite things about nerf have been listed. Like, being able to have a huge arsenal... and being on your toes etc. But some of my other favorite things are, knowing that your taking a little toy, and making shoot over 100 feet (sometimes) and seeing your friends faces when you just shot them with your NERF gun. :P Last but not least, I think we all know this, the feeling of SUCCESS.

Those are my faves about nerf
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#7 aguineapig

aguineapig

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:30 AM

In airsoft or paintball, how "good" your guns are, also meaning how "good" YOU are, depends on your income. If you can buy a 500$ gun your going to just be better than the guy with the 130$ kit from walmart.

the same principle is present in paint ball and Airsoft, just not as much, probably 40% gun 60% player, whereas in nerf it's about 10-15% gun 85-90% player.
fun-petitive!

Her brother literally almost pissed herself.

DO NOT CLICK!!

#8 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:56 AM

I personally like how you have to keep track of your shots because the max you'll have is probably 20 and you don't want to waste all 20 shots in 3 seconds...

I also like the fact that you can buy a g36 airsoft gun for the same price as you could buy most (if not all) of the Nerf guns in Toys R Us.

Edit: Just to clarify I meant one of each Nerf gun, and yes I count the Buzzbee guns and other 3rd party foam blasters as "Nerf guns".

Edited by penguin807, 23 November 2007 - 10:20 AM.

#9 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:47 AM

I definitely like having a large enough nerf arsenal to turn a house party into nerf war zone! I like seeing the look on people's faces when I show up, open up my bag and reveal a gun for everyone there. As already mentioned I like how it's not just about shooting with nerf, because you have to be able to predict someone's dodge. Not to mention be able to dodge yourself. Another "perk" of nerfing is torturing your pets. You might lose a few darts but it's worth it to shoot your sleeping cat, and see it jump 6' in the air, then walk around looking stupid because it doesn't know what the hell just happened!
There's also the golden rule: Modding nerf guns brings out the diabolic creative genius in all of us.

#10 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:10 PM

Everything already said, and the fact that it can be plaid with lil. brothers. My xbow that can get 100ish ft. can be loaded with taggers if I don`t want to hurt someone.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#11 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:35 PM

My favorite thing about Nerf is how someone can be creative and original when it comes to modding guns. Instead of buying prefabricated barrels and parts for enormous sums of money you can go to the hardware store and make your own parts. The limited range is also a plus, it sets the stage for more interaction between players, instead of just hiding behind a bunker and blindly firing at the other persons bunker. The different styles of guns lead to different styles of play that makes each person an individual on the battle field.

Shooting my cat is fun too... but that doesn't happen much anymore, he's old and I don't want him dying.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#12 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:36 PM

One thing I like about Nerf is that it can be played inside or outside.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#13 C-A 99

C-A 99

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:44 PM

Well, same as what's been said.

-Low cost
-Ability to play anywhere, anytime
-Flexibility (including modding/homemades)
-Easy to carry around and use, no "armor"/protection needed (except for eye protection w/ stefans)

I'll list my con's as well just for the heck of it.

-Having to pick up ammo after each round
-Easily breakable (most plastic guns have very weak areas)
-Low ranges unless you mod
-Most reloading is not as user friendly as other games (only a few guns have clips or mag's)

I'm not that big on dodging, probably because I'm not too good at it, but we hardly play in open areas anyway. We usually do CQB in a house, with minimal dodging. (such as to quickly move under cover when you hear someone fire)

#14 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

There are many things I like about Nerf. One of them is that you can mod a Nerf gun and make it better then what it was. Another one is that you can play indoors and out. I could list a lot more but the list for me is almost endless.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

It can't be taken seriously, because it really does involve adults playing with brightly colored toy guns.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#16 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

All of the inuendo me and my friends come up with. I swear, it would make Carb's inner fourth grader die of laughter.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users