How do I work my Hornet?

10 replies to this topic

#1 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

Well I havent been on this site since I hurt myself biking and now I want to ask a question...I bought the set of the scout, titan and hornet a while ago and only got to using my modded titan and now I have no idea how to use my hornet. Any ideas would be great. And sorry if this sounds kinda nooby but I left nerf 4-5 months ago and now I have no idea what to do.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#2 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

Pump it around 10-12 times (General guess) and pull the trigger? I vaguely remember moving some sort of sliding thing on the top when I had one, but that was around 5 years ago.
"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

Pump it around 10-12 times (General guess) and pull the trigger? I vaguely remember moving some sort of sliding thing on the top when I had one, but that was around 5 years ago.

The N-Strike system came out three years ago.

Put your hand on the gun right behind the front sight, push it forward, pull it back, pump it and fire. If that doesn't work there's something wrong with your gun.

EDIT: Haha, this is my 1337th post.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 18 November 2007 - 08:32 PM.

SexD Warves

#4 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

First, there's a slide on the top front of the gun, pull this forward to resset the barrel changing mechanism. that switches the air flow to the next barrel after each shot. Pump about 15 times, then pull the trigger. You can alternatively press either blast button on either side to fire all six darts.

I also suggest pressing the blast button after firing the darts to release the remaining air.

#5 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

I think there is something wrong because when I opened the box when I first got it, I shot 1 dart fine then it would soot anymore. I am thing of making it a single shot. Anyone know any mods that might fix this?
Talio in Shoutbox.

#6 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

I think there is something wrong because when I opened the box when I first got it, I shot 1 dart fine then it would soot anymore. I am thing of making it a single shot. Anyone know any mods that might fix this?

From what I hear the hornet is a royal pain in the ass to mod.

The N-Strike system came out three years ago.

Put your hand on the gun right behind the front sight, push it forward, pull it back, pump it and fire. If that doesn't work there's something wrong with your gun.

EDIT: Haha, this is my 1337th post.

First off I wasn't being literal about "five years ago;" it was an exaggeration. I don't keep track of the exact times that I got a nerf gun. Second, according to the nerfwiki, it was released in 2003.
"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#7 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • State:California

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:44 PM

I don't own a Hornet, but maybe reading the instructions will help you out.

N-Strike Instructions

Edit: The instructions say to pump 20 times, not 10-12, or 15.

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 18 November 2007 - 11:46 PM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#8 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:28 AM

Thx for the help everyone, but theres probably something wrong because I hear a hissing sound and that means theres a hole somehwere.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#9 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:04 AM

did you buy the hornet new or used? has it been modded at all? If the barrels aren't working there could be debris in them preventing them from sealing properly. It is possible to remove it but it can be tricky, and you may need someone to help you. Pull the slide on top and plug the barrel that fires first with a finger, then pump up the gun. If you feel air pressure building up behind your finger you know the air chamber for that barrel is leaking. Quickly remove your finger to release the pressure. With any luck the sudden release of the air pressure will carry away some of the debris. Repeat as needed for each barrel until they all fire normally. I did a brass barrel replacement and drilled out the white air restriction on my Hornet a while back and ran into the leaking barrel problem. I used this process to remove the small shavings of plastic that had gotten into the air chambers, and my hornet works perfectly today.

Good luck

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#10 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:11 PM

Well I got it brand new in the set, but none of these tips are helping. Thanks everyone who responded but Il just use it for parts in future builds or mods.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:28 PM

It sounds like your not cocking the front part forward and then back before pumping.
That hissing sound will be from the Op valve kicking in because you only opened up the airways to one air chamber or the first barrel. This will also explain why its only shooting one dart. If I am correct I am assuming you pump it about 5-6 times before that hissing comes into play.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users