Pc Game Mods

what do you think?

9 replies to this topic

#1 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:33 AM

I recently picked up Elder scrolls: Morrowind after about a year of not playing because I wanted a game my computer could handle. Since then I got a HUGE graphical upgrade ( A GeForce 440 to a GeForce 5200) and I am able to really play the game to its fullest. I then found a bunch of great mods for Morrowind so I started to mod it. Currently running about 10 extra pluggins. I was wondering what others felt about modding games for PC (Or anything else) or games that you like to mod.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#2 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:14 PM

I personally like modding material things better than games, but I have modded one or two HL2 maps.

#3 Militant Panda

Militant Panda

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

The only games I've had experience with modding have been in Morrowind and the Jedi Knight games. I especially like skinning models. Morrowind and Oblivion have huge mod communities because they are so open ended and easy to make large modifications for. The only problem with Morrowind (and Oblivion but not as much) are conflicting plugins. Because the language used for event sequences is so open-ended, it's easy for it to conflict with other scripts. Fun though.

#4 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

The only games I've had experience with modding have been in Morrowind and the Jedi Knight games. I especially like skinning models. Morrowind and Oblivion have huge mod communities because they are so open ended and easy to make large modifications for. The only problem with Morrowind (and Oblivion but not as much) are conflicting plugins. Because the language used for event sequences is so open-ended, it's easy for it to conflict with other scripts. Fun though.

I've yet to have that problem because all the mods I have are specifically made to mesh with each other or they don't have conflicting meshes or textures.

#5 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:49 PM

I also modify games (or atleast try to), Star Wars Battlefront II has some good modtools, and I'm a forum member at Gametoast, you can find all kinds of crazy modifications there.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#6 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

I do alot of mapping for CS: Source, and also am working on an intricate mod for CS:S called Advanced Warrior. Hope it hits it off. If people like it, I might sell it as shareware.
Nuckin' Futz

#7 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

I used to "hack" Diablo. Yeah, Diablo ONE. Not really modding, just hacking. It was sweet though.

#8 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

I've always been one for Oblivion mods, simple ones, but I've downloaded about 20 mods and my computer runs fine (my favourite is The Blade of WTFPWNING). I've got all of the expansion packs, but with the construction set I make every weapon do thousands of damage.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#9 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:40 PM

Tessnexus has some nice morrowind mods.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#10 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

Tessnexus has some nice morrowind mods.

-Butt

So does planet elder scrolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users