Photo

Modded Nitefinder

2 replies to this topic

#1 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

This is my first modification, and I loved it- I can't wait to keep modding! Anyway- the gun I modded was a Nitefinder, I took out the stick in the barrel so I could fire stefans, and I put the ammo holder in the bottom of the handle. I also took out the laser and cut off both it and the place where extra darts usually go. I'm sure I didn't punture the iside but now my barrel is loose- I'm currently using hot glue and some e-tape... but I'm wondering is there is somthing better...
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#2 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:40 PM

As a general rule, don't start a new topic without pictures, especially in the Modifications directory.

As for your question, yes there is a better way.

First of all, lose the electrical tape altogether. It does more damage than it's worth, it's sticky, it's ugly, and it's unreliable. If the gun structurally can't hold the barrel, you're going to have to make a support out of scrap plastic. Goop it with hotglue. Or, use epoxy. Get a relatively quick-setting one too, because you're not going to want to hold your shit together for 40 minutes while the clue hardens.

Also, and I don't know if this applies to you or not, as you haven't posted any pictures, when you cut parts off of a gun, always plan ahead, and cut carefully. Use the slowest speed on your dremel, so you don't chew into plastic you want to keep unblemished. The slow speed will also prevent the plastic from melting instead of cutting, as it is wont to do. Make sure the parts you're cutting off aren't critical support structures, and leave as many screw holes intact as you can.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#3 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

Ok- sorry about not posting a picture- And thanks for the advise- I'll go try it
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users