Photo

Maverick Blowgun

6 replies to this topic

#1 kanaki0401

kanaki0401

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

I was just wondering. Is it possible to make a blowgun from a maverick barrel? Maybe if you saw off the five otherbarrels and use only one?

#2 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:11 PM

Yes but it would not be worth it. Ranges would be very short and it would need a big pipe of some sort to fit the turret in. Oh wait, if you are talking about a one shot rotating turret blow gun than also yes but it would be difficult still and short ranges. Also you shouldn't post concept topics, just try it and get back to us with the results.

#3 dadude778

dadude778

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

Like Foam Shooter said it would not be worth it and you might as well just by some 1/2 inch pvc and a 30 dart pack of taggers if you want a blowgun, plus you wouldn't ruin a perfecly good mav.
Make sure the top of your gun is parallel to the ground when firing.
Finish those other mods so I have something else to read on here.
Now have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. :)

- Forsaken_angel24

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

I have a 8 inch ©pvc sched. 40 blowgun. I thought that if someone had a breech clip that you COULD use that as a blowgun. I bet it would work well, but it's not worth the trouble. My rate of fire is about 1 dart per 2-3 seconds. I can even "shotgun" darts. 2-3 darts give a 1 foot spray at 30 feet. I can be accurate within 30ish with 1 dart, under 25ish with 2 darts, and 3 darts are the max for close range only (i.e. running in close quarters). I play t-bone so me shoots goods.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

I don't think it would work unless you rebarreled it, blowguns need relatively loose barrels. And you would need a mouthpiece as well.

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

I have a 5 foot metal blowgun that allows me to shotgun 15-20 darts 50'
I regularly use metal blowguns to fire a dart every 2 seconds, and get accurate ranges of over 100'

If you want a blowgun, just make a standard blowgun. All the effort to do this to a Maverick is not worth is when it won't perform like a good blowgun.

-and for people curious about the metal tubing, I use 1/2" steel electrical tubing. It is absolutely perfect for taggers.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#7 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

I remember reading something about this before, but don't remember where....Oh ya! I searched for it! <_<
As Slash of GN'R says,"Any one can play guitar, but only the best can succeed."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users