Broken Hornet

Help Please

3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:52 AM

Ok, I don't why I take in all these broken guns in hopes of fixing them. . . Anyway, I have a Hornet (N-Strike) and it pumps up and sounds like it is building pressure but when you pull the trigger there is no air release. The mass release button doesn't do anything either. I've tinkered with it for a while, plugged the pump, but still I have no idea what could be wrong. <_<
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:20 AM

Make sure the blast trigger on the right side isn't stuck. Most leaky ones I've had were caused by that trigger getting stuck open.
I had to forcibly remove the orange button from mine to fix it.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 November 2007 - 11:41 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:28 AM

Slug hit it on the head. If the air is leaking slowly (pressure will build up at first, then leak out), then give the side of the gun a few hard taps. This should jostle the valves enough to close. Once you fix that, the valves should be fine until you store the gun for a while. Try spraying some lubricant in there if you open the gun again.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#4 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:13 PM

Ahhh, thanks for the replies, I will take a look at that.
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users