Photo

Official X Box 360 Gamertag Thread

28 replies to this topic

#1 The Metal Bullet

The Metal Bullet

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

Post your Gamer Tags here and arrange games and list the games that you play...

In This Format.

Gamertag:
Games you play:

Like this one which is mine...

Gamertag: xDELUCCAx
Games you play: Halo 3, NBA2K7, Madden 08, and guitar hero 3. Soon to have NHL 08.

Just got call of duty 4 so play that to.

Edited by The Metal Bullet, 24 November 2007 - 12:12 AM.

Help With donating for the Wildfire's that are spreading... Join me and thousands of others at...CA Wildfire Red Cross

EARN EASY MONEY... 100's a month.

#2 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

Gamertag - Crowfeather 24
Games you play - Halo 3, Gears of War, Call of Duty 2

And as a side note, I wont be online for about a week, as my 360 got the Rings of Death
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#3 The Metal Bullet

The Metal Bullet

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

Gamertag - Crowfeather 24
Games you play - Halo 3, Gears of War, Call of Duty 2

And as a side note, I wont be online for about a week, as my 360 got the Rings of Death

That sucks... If I ever got the rings of death I would cry...
Help With donating for the Wildfire's that are spreading... Join me and thousands of others at...CA Wildfire Red Cross

#4 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:23 AM

Hah, the funny thing is, the first time I got those rings, I desperately tried to do anything to get them away. And, surprisingly, it worked :huh: So for a few days after that, I thought myself pretty damn lucky for avoiding my X-box a trip to microsoft. Then, when everything seemed fine, I got the rings AGAIN and this time I couldnt do anything about them. So Im now stuck waiting for my 360 <_<
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#5 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:07 AM

I had the Red Rings Of Death to. They suck, big time.

[/i]Gamer Tag: Dayko19
[/i]Games: Halo 3. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#6 Sypth

Sypth

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:23 AM

Gamer Tag: Sypth V8
Games: Halo 3, Gears of War, Crackdown

Same with the red lights I got my Xbox from the repair center a week ago and it was still broken so I sent it out again on Thursday, so It'll be a while till I'm on my own Xbox.
Peter Griffin: Men aren't fat lois, only fat woman are fat.

#7 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:12 AM

Gamer Tag: anders360
Games: Halo 3, Gears of War, Crackdown, OverGfighters

I got the ring of death a year or so ago, no big deal actually all I had to do was to send my xbox box to germany for some reason and i got a new one.

And my xbox live subscription has ended so I'm not going to be online for a while.
QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#8 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

Gamer tag= P.C.III

Games= Halo 3

Edit: Got the Ring O. Death too

Edited by P.C. III, 10 November 2007 - 11:41 PM.

QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#9 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:39 PM

Gamer Tag: A panda666
Games Played: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
My friend lent me a 25 foot cord so I play on my own TV now. I'm level 37 on COD4

Edited by nerfsharpie6, 20 November 2007 - 09:44 PM.

We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#10 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

Gamertag: Raniel says oro
Games: Halo 3
If any of you guys actually play with me in the future, just a warning I says "I like mangoes" a lot.
QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

My friends X-box got the rings 3 or 4 times during a trip up to a friends cabin. Yet he still hasn't had to send it in.

Also me and my friend often get kicked out of games for speaking spanish or saying anything else bizzare. I think one time he started to recite Shakespear and got kicked because another player thought he was making fun of him.

Edited by BustaNinja, 12 November 2007 - 08:38 AM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#12 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:36 PM

Gamertag = Phantocalypse

Games I play = Gears of War, Halo 3

I've recently gotten my X360 (under a month ago) and have had no troubles. Do you guys know if the rings only show up on older consoles, or are all of the consoles at equal risk? I've also heard that the rings show up because of overheating.

TS

#13 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:08 PM

Gamertag = Phantocalypse

I've recently gotten my X360 (under a month ago) and have had no troubles. Do you guys know if the rings only show up on older consoles, or are all of the consoles at equal risk? I've also heard that the rings show up because of overheating.

TS

I got one of the first 360 that hit the market and after playing for like 11 months I got the Red Rings Of Death. But after I got my new one I haven't had any trouble at all, and I have been playing on it for almost a year now.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#14 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:03 AM

Gamertag = Phantocalypse

TS

I think that's just one of their standard questions like this:

You- My xbox 360 is broken what shall i do?
Ms help people- Are you sure the xboxs ventilation holes aren't clogged ?
You- I get the ring of death, it has nothing to do do with ventilation
Ms help people- okay send it to germany then and we will get you a new one.
You. Ehh okay

Thats sort of the conversation I had with the Microsoft help people when my xbox broke.

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#15 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

tag: kickasskeef
games: COD2, COD4, Halo3, Gears Co-op.

Add me if you want to get owned play together.

I still need to beat halo 3 on legendary...
Timothy M-Lick <3

#16 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

\I still need to beat halo 3 on legendary...

http://www.penny-arc...omic/2007/09/28

That is all. ^_^

TS

#17 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

LOL

Its a workout. Throwing controllers, retrieving them, cursing, dodging the belt, praying to holy figure(s)... Etc...

Nah, I'm joking, but that comic help me get past crows nest ^_^

And anyone who wanted to play, I know someone pm'd me about COD4, but I won't be on live for maybe a week more. My mom wants a router installation- blehhhhh.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#18 dadude778

dadude778

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

Gamertag- Dadude778
Games- NFS most wanted, soon to be halo 3 (my friend brings that over so we play that a lot)
Make sure the top of your gun is parallel to the ground when firing.
Finish those other mods so I have something else to read on here.
Now have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. :)

- Forsaken_angel24

#19 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:35 PM

My xbox just got the ring of death again .... fucking piece of shit..... So I'm not going to be on xbox live for a while.

the el snapo again

#20 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

Ok, anybody want to tell me what the fuck the Ring of Death is? I'm assuming it's when your Ring of Light turns red, but I'm probably wrong. Anybody care to elaborate?

Also, is there anyway to fix it besides sending it in? I just got my 360 and don't want to send it back within my frist month of playing it.
Nuckin' Futz

#21 The Metal Bullet

The Metal Bullet

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

Ok, anybody want to tell me what the fuck the Ring of Death is? I'm assuming it's when your Ring of Light turns red, but I'm probably wrong. Anybody care to elaborate?

Also, is there anyway to fix it besides sending it in? I just got my 360 and don't want to send it back within my frist month of playing it.

Yes that is what it is and it usually happens when your cooling system is clogged or somethings messed up.

#22 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:44 PM

IShadowHunterI

Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War

Offline until my 360 is fixed for the second goddamn time.

The red ring of death (RROD) is a MAJOR failure with the 360. So major, and so common that all warranties were extended to 3 years. It is caused due to extreme hardawre failure or overheating. My theory is that the heat either trips sensors or cracks the solder on the boards. It actually melts some Intercoolers onto the console. There is no way to fix it yourself, and all consoles are vulnerable. "The ring" is the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quadrants of the Ring of Light (ROL) flashing red. The upper right hand quadrant, or 2nd, should be black dead. When you see this, you are, not to put too fine a point on it, fucked. That's my summary. It is not always due to the cooling system being clogged, but the best we can do is speculate because Microsoft isn't releasing specifics. It's a nightmare even trying to talk to their service reps.

TEMPORARY FIX: This will give you an hour or more to play the first time, but less every sequential time. Take the hard drive and any connectors and adapters out of the console except for the power cord. Wrap it completely in a towel and turn it on, then let it run for 20 minutes. Turn it off, unwrap it, and let it sit for 1 minute. Play.

Other than that, you have to send the console back to be serviced. There is a station in Germany and one in Texas. Time on those is 3-6 weeks. But, they'll either send you a free 1-month gold on X-Box live or give you a free game.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#23 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:24 PM

IShadowHunterI

Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War

Offline until my 360 is fixed for the second goddamn time.

The red ring of death (RROD) is a MAJOR failure with the 360. So major, and so common that all warranties were extended to 3 years. It is caused due to extreme hardawre failure or overheating. My theory is that the heat either trips sensors or cracks the solder on the boards. It actually melts some Intercoolers onto the console. There is no way to fix it yourself, and all consoles are vulnerable. "The ring" is the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quadrants of the Ring of Light (ROL) flashing red. The upper right hand quadrant, or 2nd, should be black dead. When you see this, you are, not to put too fine a point on it, fucked. That's my summary. It is not always due to the cooling system being clogged, but the best we can do is speculate because Microsoft isn't releasing specifics. It's a nightmare even trying to talk to their service reps.

TEMPORARY FIX: This will give you an hour or more to play the first time, but less every sequential time. Take the hard drive and any connectors and adapters out of the console except for the power cord. Wrap it completely in a towel and turn it on, then let it run for 20 minutes. Turn it off, unwrap it, and let it sit for 1 minute. Play.

Other than that, you have to send the console back to be serviced. There is a station in Germany and one in Texas. Time on those is 3-6 weeks. But, they'll either send you a free 1-month gold on X-Box live or give you a free game.

Your right shadow,,, exactly right. RROD is caused by extensive overheating caused by extreme amounts of gaming. This puts stress on the three dual core processors and melt hardware. When this happens the heat shielding they put on heats to its max temp, melts (leaving important components vulnerable) destroying them. Some intercoolers have enough fans to cool it down enough, or some claim while lacking enough amperage to move the fans melting it to the external casing. If you try to pull it off the mother board comes with it. As for the free stuff thing I'll take your word for it. All I know is that they are trying to update the newer 360 systems with more powerful fans. My stock fans were pretty good but I got an external intercooler just in case.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#24 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:17 PM

I newer got any free stuff the first time, I got an xbox with a broken faceplate. And doesn't changing the fans in the xbox void your guaranty?

the el snapo again

#25 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

I believe that using an Intercooler voids your warrantee, but I am not sure as of now. However, they do seem to attempt to give you a consolation gift each time, or at least in the States. They gave me a 1-month the first time I sent it in, and now a replacement console is coming back with a free game. Bill Gates help them if I have to send this one back.

For those of you who still want to use ICs (Intercoolers) just to be safe, you may want to check this out. It's an Instructable on how to convert your IC to run from a wall outlet rather than suck energy from the console. In the introduction, there is also a link to a setup that uses batteries, but I would go with this one.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users