Double Shot Question

Hope you dudes can help a brother out

3 replies to this topic

#1 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:10 AM

So I've recently purchased a Double Shot and modified it as shown on one of the topics over here on the Haven. I forget who wrote the mod, but it's the 1/2" CPVC inside 1/2" thinwall PVC modification.

After completing this mod, I've noticed that my darts don't fire every time. I think that there might be a seal issue between the the front and back of the gun when they close together. I cut my PVC to the best length I could; not too big so that the gun doesn't close, but not so short that there is a visible gap between the front and back of the gun. I also put a single later of duct tape over the PVC, hoping that the fraction of an inch that the duct tape adds will provide for a better seal (I made slits in the tape where it covers the barrels, to allow for dart-insertion.)

Have any of you had problems similar to this? I am wondering if there is a seal issue, or perhaps the darts I am using are just too thick for the CPVC (I cut the suction cups off of the darts that came with the gun and hot glued a weight to the front of them.)

Thanks in advance to any insight you guys have on this troubling issue.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#2 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

I don't own a double shot, but it sounds as if the PVC is pushing up against the air chamber for the seal.

Try using neoprene washers to bridge that seal. They are a little squishy, so you can get a tight fit without worrying about the gun not closing (since they'll squish to allow the gun to close). If I'm visualizing this wrong, let me know.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#3 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

You're talking about the shell-less mod, right? A few people who tried it have had trouble with darts being too tight. If you don't have a sliding fit in your CPVC, it won't work. My CPVC is very tight on BuzzBee darts, but I don't think it's a standard size.

#4 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

Hopefully it's just a dart problem like you're talking about, yourface. I'll try some other darts over the weekend and see what my results are. If it doesn't work out, I'll check out what you suggested, frost. You're visualizing it correctly, and your advice makes sense.

Hopefully I can figure this out, thanks guys.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users