Buzzbee Rfr

It broke, oh shit.

14 replies to this topic

#1 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

i bought one of those buzzbee rfr's and the dirt pos broke on me. more specifically, it wouldn't cock. so i took it apart to find that something was connected to the trigger(release switch methinks) near the funky air piston.

who has one of these and can help me? shematics would be appreciated. pics would be orgasmic.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#2 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

Clean up your posts please, that one's a little hard to read and really hard to follow.

The plunger rod on those things is really fragile, that might be your problem. That's what happened to mine.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#3 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

Put it back together and return it. If you decide to mod the next one you get, make sure to reinforce the catch.

#4 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:16 PM

Don't even waste your money on those things. They are worthless little hunks of crap. They are fragile, and they don't have very much modded potential. Like Penguin said, just put it back together and return it. And by the way, the only buzz bee product I believe worth getting is the big blast. Now that has some modding potential!

#5 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:02 PM

This exact same thing happened to the RFR I bought - the same piece too, I think. It attaches to the white piece that goes back past the clip? That's what broke on mine.

Basically, I'm going to fix it by milling a replacement piece out of PVC. You might try the same.

And to the people saying it's a piece of crap - mine, with modded shells, is not. Also, who cares? It shoots as far or farther than a Maverick so it's fine for indoors, and it's just alot of fun to use. That's the point of Nerf, remember? Fun?

#6 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

Yeah, they are little pieces 'o shit. I'm currently integrating a LBB into mine. Return it, or do something useful with it.

Edited by Maeric, 08 November 2007 - 06:04 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#7 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:58 PM

I know, im a noob, but what is an LBB?

#8 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:32 AM

Lanard Blast Bazooka.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#9 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:32 AM

Lanard Blast Bazooka.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#10 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

Put it back together and return it. If you decide to mod the next one you get, make sure to reinforce the catch.

any ideas on how to do that? i just got out of chemo and my head isn't working that well, so, enlighten me.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#11 Tofu

Tofu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:40 PM

The catch is the little piece that keeps the gun cocked. Your making it sound like the catch broke in half on you. Return it if you can and if you do get a new one find some way to make it so the catch dosent break in half
I eat air restrictors for breakfast.

QUOTE(P.C. III @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

A great nf can beat a crummy xbow...

^BS^

#12 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

I wouldn't even bother with this gun, the Mustang 6 is a much better buzzbee gun, and its a 6-shot.
"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#13 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:39 PM

I wouldn't even bother with this gun, the Mustang 6 is a much better buzzbee gun, and its a 6-shot.

OBJECTION! The RFR is a 6-shot also, not only that but the cocking handle (not sure what else to call it) on the Mustang six is the equivalent to the RFR's catch (Meaning they both break disturbingly easily).

Sorry, My inner Pheonix Wright broke out of me. I think I like the Mustang Six better too.

Edited by penguin807, 16 November 2007 - 12:40 PM.

#14 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:27 PM

MEGA OBJECTION! Just get a maveric!Dosen't break as mutch, more common and usualy cheaper.
(this is going to turn into a lawyer fight)
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#15 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:29 PM

Objection!

And that's all I have to say about that...

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users