Nerf...is It Stress Relieving Too You?

28 replies to this topic

#26 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

Most of the time I HATE modding. The reason is that it has become a chore. I own more guns than I know (I think in the range of 150) and maintenance on these guns is a pain. I host local NERF wars twice a month with between ten and twenty attendees (mostly college students) and I supply all the guns. A couple of friends help make darts but I trust my guns to NOBODY! Also, one of our favorite playing fields is completely dirt, and it's soft, dry, fine dirts that permeates every crevace in your gun and body...anyway...my point is, it's not fun to mod and maintain the same fifty guns... However, when I try a new gun it is very exciting. When I'm getting really creative like putting together Arachnophobia or developing a MS that shoots 100' (before the flame war begins I live at an elevation of 5000' in a very dry climate). When I have these moments of breakthrough I enjoy the modding, but more fun than the modding is the initial testing of the gun or using it on some poor unexpecting fool.

#27 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

The only thing about Nerf I find stressful is forum drama.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#28 The Metal Bullet

The Metal Bullet

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:51 PM

The only thing about Nerf I find stressful is forum drama.

I find the fact that most of the times I do a mod, I have to redo it do to over-reading mod instructions and messing something up... other than that it's fun.
Help With donating for the Wildfire's that are spreading... Join me and thousands of others at...CA Wildfire Red Cross

EARN EASY MONEY... 100's a month.

#29 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:09 AM

I've only modded a few guns- but so far I love it- I sawed off the laser and the extra ammo holder spot and put it on the bottom of the handle... I also took the lil' stick the bullet goes on. I agree that It feels good to play with a gun that YOU bought and the YOU modded.
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users