Big Salvo Trouble

Damn leaks...

8 replies to this topic

#1 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:56 PM

I ordered a Big Salvo from Amazon, and I had high hopes for it. I got all the Materials together, and then proceeded to replace the barrels.

As soon as I sawed off the stock barrels, I began to pump it, to see if it would still hold the air in the tank.

It didn't.

As I pumped, I noticed air escaping from the two tanks in the middle. I have no idea why the air is escaping, and I did not cut into the tanks. I'm hoping that someone who is experienced with Big Salvos, especially Cmdrmack and Carbon, is able to help me with this.

Edited by AODL, 06 November 2007 - 07:57 PM.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#2 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

Maybe the gun was simply defective in the first place...? :ph34r:

Edited by Ubermensch, 06 November 2007 - 08:41 PM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#3 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:36 PM

The Big Salvo has a reputation for having somewhat fragile internals. The easiest solution is to return it as a defective product. If you really want to repair it, you can probably look up some of the leak repairs that other folks have posted on their sites. Carbon's thread about multiple point repairs should be instructive.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

You probably got plastic debris in the valves while cutting the barrels off. That's how I fucked mine up.

I suggest opening it up and using compressed air or something to try to clean out the valves. That shouldn't hurt them and if there's anything in there it should blast it out.
SexD Warves

#5 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

Superman: Nope, it worked fine before I started to replace the barrels.

Cmdrmack: I checked out Carbons guide before I purchased my BS, I don't think there was anything about leaky tanks. And I'm not sure I can return it to the guy from Amazon, since it's been chopped up quite a bit already. Thanks anyways.

NerfMonkey: Thanks, I'll try that out.

Carbon: If you are reading this, NerfMonkeys suggestion might be a good idea to add to your guide.

Edited by AODL, 06 November 2007 - 09:53 PM.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#6 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

You could also try spraying lubricant down the valve, and pumping really really fast.

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:53 PM

Dark Infection is right on the money. The first thing you want to do, before messing with other things too much, is just pump 10-15 times as fast as you can. This is true for many similarly working guns (Hornet, Blastfire, etc.). Try pumping and shooting several times. If this doesn't seem to make it any better, get yourself some silicon spray. Spray the silicon spray down the barrel and repeat the fast pumping and firing process. Do that a couple of times. If that doesn't work, spray some silicon down the barrel, slowly pump for a while (you should here air bubbling through the silicon), and then try the fast pumping thing again. Keep fiddling with the silicon and fast/slow pumping and firing. Hopefully you have a breakthough. If the silicon doesn't make it any better...you're probably screwed. These things are very temporamental.

#8 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

From what I understand though, that is just effecting the same process as what NerfMonkey suggested. It cleans out the valves to allow them to function properly.

I'd go with the compressed air suggestion, after looking closely at my Big Salvo, that looks like a probable fix for your problem.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#9 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

Thanks, all. I just tried both methods, it works fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users