Music

What kind do you listen to?

154 replies to this topic

#1 Springer

Springer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

Hey everybody. I was just curious and was thinking, "What kind of music do most nerfers listen to?" Of course this isn't a poll I was just wondering. I listen to techno and rave and a little trance. I like rock too.

#2 NerferKid

NerferKid

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

Metal, Hard-Core, Metal-Core.

Edit..
Alternative Rock, heavy metal.

DEFINITE No's
Rap.
Techno
Rapcore.
Pop.
Manginas.

Pwnage:
God of war.
Gears of war.
Zelda.

Edited by NerferKid, 06 November 2007 - 07:56 PM.

...thing happens to mine sometimes, stick your finger in the barrel to make it air tight, then pump a couple times to re-close it... If that doesnt work then you have to open it up and pull the rod back.For me I have to pump 55 and I get a shot that can break through soft wood, consistantly.-rokor

#3 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

Heavy, Death metal. Thrash.... System of a down... Mudvayne, Stone Sour, Three Day's Grace. Lots o' stuff. Oh yeah! AFI. Can't forget them.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

Rap. Only rap.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 06 November 2007 - 05:15 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 dadude778

dadude778

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:17 PM

Pop, rap, hip hop, and my favorite, old songs.

Oh yah and Stevie Wonder is the man

Edited by dadude778, 06 November 2007 - 05:21 PM.

Make sure the top of your gun is parallel to the ground when firing.
Finish those other mods so I have something else to read on here.
Now have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. :)

- Forsaken_angel24

#6 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:20 PM

David Bowie, Queen, Flight of the conchords, New Found Glory, Motion City Soundtrack, Big D and the Kids Table, Mighty Mighty Boss Stones, Bright Eyes, Taking Back Sunday, The Decemberists, Death Cab For Cutie/ The Postal Service, Thursday, Cartel, Coheed and Cambria, Fall Out Boy(Everything before they're newest album)... It's a wierd combination of music. I don't really like classifying my music, mainly because I don't know how to. Renegade Master by Fat Boy Slim is one of my favorite songs, it's techno, which I stopped listening to last year, but this song just can't be beat.

Edited by Thomas, 06 November 2007 - 06:10 PM.

#7 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

Mostly Hard Rock, Alternative Rock and Metal, Rapcore (I Hate rap, but love Rapcore.), Nu Metal, Metalcore, Grunge and Post-Grunge, and heavy metal. I absolutely detest rap.

My favorite bands are:

Breaking Benjamin, my all-time favorite.
Slipknot
Korn
AC/DC
Pantera
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Linkin Park
Nirvana
System of a Down
All That Remains
Darkest Hour
Mudvayne's earlier work
Godsmack
Evanessence
Rage Against The Machine
Foo Fighters
Led Zeppelin
Avenged Sevenfold
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rammstein

Edited by AODL, 04 March 2008 - 10:33 PM.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#8 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

Rap is crap! (puke!)I listen to three days grace, green day (of which brain stew is the best song ever!) and a bit of tool on the radio. But Green Day is the best. And Brainstew is the best song ever!

Edited by CornMan, 06 November 2007 - 05:43 PM.

#9 Paintballer99

Paintballer99

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:46 PM

All types but rap. Rap makes no sense

#10 biofreak2

biofreak2

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:49 PM

All types of rock,but mostly Three Days Grace now though.
Here in Wardog Clan we don't yell "FOR SPARTAAAAAAAA" we yell "FOR SUPERFOODTOWNNNNNNN", ya know mix things up a bit.

#11 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:57 PM

Indie, Punk, Alterna-pop, Powerpop, electronica, Alt-rock, Rock, Classic rock, classical, experimental, techno, trance, reggae, and SKA!!!! can't forget the SKA!

Edited by baghead, 06 November 2007 - 05:58 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#12 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:01 PM

My favorite bands are:

Breaking Benjamin, my all-time favorite.

Wow.
Someone else that really likes Breaking Benjamin. I went to their concert with my friend (Hierarchy) a while back.

My favorite bands:
Tool
Breaking Benjamin
Atomship
Evans Blue (Check them out if you like Breaking Benjamin)
Anberlin
Coheed and Cambria
Billy Talent
Emery
Last Winter
Skillet

#13 aguineapig

aguineapig

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

Billy NOTtalent.
fun-petitive!

Her brother literally almost pissed herself.

DO NOT CLICK!!

#14 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:13 PM

Bach is where it's at bitches.

Gordon Goodwin; Stan Kenton; John Allred; Dave Brubeck; Herbie Hancock; Bob Brookmeyer; Mills Brothers; Johnny Cash; Eric Clapton; Janis Joplin; Ben Folds; Barenaked Ladies; Billy Joel; Blood, Sweat, and Tears; Dave Matthews Band; David LaMotte; The Brecker Brothers; Lee Morgan; Miles Davis; Paul Simon; Phish; Weather Report; Bobby McFerrin; Roger Miller; Willie Nelson;
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#15 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

Punk Rock Metal

All the way with Three Days Grace and I Hate Kate!

#16 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

Ugh. How about some Daft Punk?

-butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#17 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

Billy NOTtalent.

...Good one.

Sorry you don't like them.

#18 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

Rap is crap! (puke!)I listen to three days grace, green day (of which brain stew is the best song ever!) and a bit of tool on the radio. But Green Day is the best. And Brainstew is the best song ever!

I'm sorry but anyone with green day on thier list has no right to diss other peoples music.

But I listen to GOOD METAL!
Rammstein
Blue oyster cult
and other various hard to clasify stuff.

Way to go Thomas for having Flight of the conchords. Thats were its at.
Also Stevie wonder, Ray (if you have to ask who he I pity you), Sam Cooke, And of course

WEIRD AL!!
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#19 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

I am with ya on that one paintballer99! I hate rap so much! You can't hear what they say! It's just " You M***** F******, You are a B****! I think that a rap song is just a four-minute curseapallooza :ph34r:

#20 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

Yah, I love their witty songs and Kiwi accents. Oh, anyone else listen to Me First and the Gimme Gimme's, or Jack Johson? I can't believe I didn't mention them, 'cause Jack Johnson is my hero.

And those kids that are getting all stereotypical about Rap, listen to Rhymenocerous vs. Hip Hop Opotimus by Flight of the Conchords. Not all 'rap' is bad.

#21 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:45 PM

Punk Ska and Rancid. They get there own music genre.

#22 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

This one just made me laugh. Listen to some real rap/hip hop (let alone real music all together) and you won't think that.

. . . and SKA!!!! can't forget the SKA!

True Dat Brotha' man

Reel Big Fish, Aquabats, Streetlight Manifesto (their new album transcends all earthly limitations), Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, Some Big D and the Kids Table, Suburban Legends Bedouin Soundclash, The Hippos, 2nd Wave stuff like The Beat and Madness, and lots more, and thats just SKA.
As far as other stuff goes:
Chali 2na, Sims, P.O.S., Dessa, MF DOOM, Brother Ali, Andrew W.K., The Bad Plus, Al Green, The Beatles, The Beautiful Girls, Beirut, Ben Folds, The Big Wu, Black Dahlia Murder, Bob Dylan, The Black Keys, CSNY, The Coup, Curtis Mayfield, David Bowie, Derek and the Dominos, The Decemberists, The Doors, Explosions in The Sky, Felt, The Flaming Lips, Flight of The Conchords, Galactic, Grateful Dead, Heiruspecs, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Junior Senior, Led Zeppelin, Neutral Milk Hotel, Outkast, Paul McCartnet, Paul Simon, Radiohead, Prince, Rilo Kiley, Seu Jorge, The Strokes, Stevie Wonder, Sublime, Tenacious D, Trampled By Turtles, The Who, and much much more.

If you can tell, I like music. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to go see Tom Morello.

Edited by sam, 06 November 2007 - 06:55 PM.

#23 Daedalin

Daedalin

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

Power Metal, Folk Metal, Classic Rock, Trance, Drum and Bass, and Orchestral :ph34r:
Power Metal Rule Number Twenty-eight
Songs come in two tempos: Metal and Ballad.

#24 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:56 PM

Yah, I love their witty songs and Kiwi accents. Oh, anyone else listen to Me First and the Gimme Gimme's, or Jack Johson? I can't believe I didn't mention them, 'cause Jack Johnson is my hero.

And those kids that are getting all stereotypical about Rap, listen to Rhymenocerous vs. Hip Hop Opotimus by Flight of the Conchords. Not all 'rap' is bad.

"They call me the Rhymenocerous, Not because im fast, not because I got birds on my back, but because I'm horny ,Im horny, " great stuff. Also "If you into it" and "Buisness time"
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#25 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

SKA ALL THE WAY!! I love the Aquabats, and I'm going to a Streetlight Manifesto concert in December. I still listen to other stuff though. But here is my bands list.

The Offspring
The Aquabats
Streetlight Manifesto
Catch 22
Less Than Jake
Skankin' Pickle
Mustard Plug
Pot Shot
The Vandals
Primus
Flogging Molly
Supernova