At2k Mod: Awesome, But....

Manta Ray owners, name your price for a Manta Ray on this thread!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hey, sorry about the new topic, but I had a burning question that needs answering. And, administrators, please dont just delete this! My Airtech 2000 I modded just yesterday broke. well, it didn't 'break' persay, but there is like an air leak. I took it apart, looked at all of the tubes and where I hot -glued the barrel, and I also checked the OPRV, but no leaks! I thought that it had to be the OPRV, but even after just one or two pumps, can still here ALL of the air leaking out! what in the heck is wrong with it! And, read the whole post before saying, "It's just an air leak" Also, If you have a manta ray. stock or modded that you are willing to part with, please! PM me, or reply to this thread.

#2 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:01 PM

Check if it's coming out of the back of the pin. If it is you're probably fucked.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

It may be a bad check valve in the pump. It's not on the pump-rod itself, like the OPRV, but instead is in the pump tube itself.

To test the theory, pump it up (with the internals outside of the shell), then quickly remove the pump-rod from the tube and hold the tube to your ear. If you hear/feel air coming out, that's the problem.

It's really not too bad of a problem to fix...just replace the pump with another one.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 aguineapig

aguineapig

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

I have the same problem, i tried an sm1.5k pump(plugged) and it still leaked.
fun-petitive!

Her brother literally almost pissed herself.

DO NOT CLICK!!

#5 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

Jwasko, I took it apart last night, and did that and youre right, it is leaking out of the pump tube case thing. (the pump case) I pumped it a couple of times and I put my ear up to it and I heard a sssssssssss..... Then I was just like, Ah crap! :ph34r: but yeah the stupid thing is screwed. The only way I think to fix it is either get a little thicker rubber O-ring on the pump so no air will leak. It may be a bit harder to pump, but I might even get more distance out of it. But Jwasko, you mean replace the pump with another one, I would have to go out and buy another gun, or could i just use a pump from some other gun?

#6 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:32 AM

I know the question wasn't directed to me but...
If you've got a crappy gun or something else with a pump then you can replace it with that. That's the beauty of spare parts.

feel free to cuss me out if you want jwasko. I won't hold it against ya. :blush:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users