Photo

Bic Pen Mods/reinforcing Triggers

3 replies to this topic

#1 karpenter63

karpenter63

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

First of all, could someone explain exactly what a bic pen mod is? I have a feeling it would be almost impossible to find, because it was probably done first in some completely random mod, and now mods just say, do a bic pen mod.

Second of all, besides the bic pen mod, what else is there to reinforcing a trigger. If I were to plug the pump on my LBB, how should I reinforce the trigger. If I were to add springs into my NF, how should I reinforce the trigger.

I think both of these questions, when answered, should satisfy my trigger reinforcing career for the rest of my nerfing days.

Thanks
Nerf...my anti-drug

Frappr - Nerfers United

#2 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

On the LBB, even reinforcement won't last that long. Or that's just mine. After putting plastic wrapped with E-tape around mine, it snapped after a while. So, I epoxied and then hot-glued (The fumes from the epoxy made my eyes water!) the trigger back on, and put an excessive amount of hot glue around the rest of the trigger mech. Good luck with yours, though, mine works fine now.

#3 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

Search for bic pen, view results as posts, it'll show up.

http://nerfhaven.com...93

And to clarify, a bic mod doesn't reinforce a trigger at all: it just helps let the air out faster.

Edited by Carbon, 04 November 2007 - 08:04 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, like Carbon said BIC pen mods don't reinforce triggers, actually they do the opposite. They make the pin pull out more immediately so air is released faster. This makes the trigger much harder to pull and puts more stress on the trigger.
I have never needed to reinforce a trigger on any air gun, but you could probably reinforce it with some Plumbers Goop and a thin sheet of metal (cut to size).
There is no need to reinforce a trigger on a spring gun, the only thing the trigger does is push the catch to release the plunger.
The catch is the piece that might need reinforcing. Adding a stronger catch spring lets it hold a stronger spring without going off randomly (or just not catching at all). If it's under a lot of stress, add a strip of metal to keep it from breaking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users