Bass Guitar

Whatcha got?

8 replies to this topic

#1 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

Who here plays bass? I would just like to know: 1.Where do you play?{ jazz band, rock band, ect.}
2. What kind of bass do you own?
3. Have you ever tried using a bass with more than four strings?

For me: 1. I have a rock band. We just usually play at the school talent show.
2. I own a fender "p" bass. I will be upgrading possibly to a fender Jazz bass soon though
3. My instuctor has a beautiful six-string gecko, I tried it out once, it played like a dream

After I tried that bass out, I asked my dad if I could get one for Christmas, his reponse after I showed him the total cost was: "Son, when you turn sixteen, you can either have that bass........... or a car. Totaly up to you."

My response: "I'll have the car."

Edited by All Star, 03 November 2007 - 07:50 AM.

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#2 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

More of a guitar man myself. Built one last spring.

Now I'm working on a bass with my bassist. It looks fender-ish and it's pretty cool.
Sup?

#3 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

1.Where do you play?{ jazz band, rock band, ect.}

Currently my regular gigs are with my celtic band, less frequently with the church band, but I've played with an assortment of rock and blues groups, plus my own writing and recording.

2. What kind of bass do you own?

A Yamaha RBX-270 4-string, the best cheap bass ever. I've has people who play basses that cost seven times as much come away very impressed with how it plays, and not just "for the money". For sound reinforcement, I have a Hartke 3500 head, and a Sonic 1x10 1x15 cab. I also have an Ovation Celebrity acoustic. The upright I play is owned by the celtic band as a collective, so it's not mine (a '58 Kay). Great sound.

3. Have you ever tried using a bass with more than four strings?

I wouldn't mind getting a 5-string sometime, but it's not a high priority. Never tried one, at any rate...I think I'd get a fretless electric first.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

Ibanez 200$ starter.

4 strings, black, and out of tune. Me and 3 friends have a garage band "the Noobz" we never played though :).

I took lessons, but my teacher was a dick, so I quit (he was wasted half the time) and neve really tried again...
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:58 PM

A fender p bass that doesn't get much use. I already play one bass insrument (Barry sax) and in my spare time I like to get away from the base line so I'm mostly found rocking my "custom" black les paul with all gold hardware. Any metal on my guitar is golden. It's pretty pimp...

But not really any groups. I play in jam sessions with friends but mostly just because I like guitar and for talent shows.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#6 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:07 AM

Barri sax FTW. I play it in a jazz band.

#7 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:48 PM

I use an Epiphone EB-0 Cherry SG bass. It's pretty sweet for what I got it for, which was $200 on sale at Daddy's, but it plays like a dream. I need to futz with the action, but a little truss rod tweak will do me just fine. It gets meaty low tones, as well as full mid tones and excellent sustain.

I've been playing for under a year, and have taught myself everything. I sing as well, so the musicality's all there and I just wanted to play bass.

I'm in a Rock band which is finally getting off the ground, as well as my school's jazz ensemble.

TS

#8 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

I played bass for the school band for a few years, now I switch between guitar and saxaphone.

I play with a fender p bass, 50 dollars at a garage sale did well.
Posted Image
And I'm currently working towards either a six-string or a synthisizer.

#9 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

Awesome everyone!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users