New at nerfing and modding

11 replies to this topic

#1 Jortaro

Jortaro

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:07 AM

Hello community of nerf

I recently bought two nerf mavericks (yes many have said they were crap (range ans such), but that has not bothered me as i mainly play indoors), after some time of thinking about getting one, mainly due to the looks of the gun.

Now I've modded the clip so that it can actually slid out more so the the reloading process can be done quicker and better, but many have modding sites and pages have said that it may actually be worth taking the air resrictors out, foaming the plunger and making the clip sit tighter to the plunger end.

Now the air resrictors and making the clip sit closer to the plunger I can understand and since both are easy and relatively quick to do therefore I will be planing on to making these moddifcations, but I was just wondering if foaming the plunger would improve the gun in any great deal and if the effort and time needed to do the mod worth it?

#2 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:17 AM

I personally like Mavericks, modding them is my dirty pleasure. Some people like to watch showcase on friday nights, I like to mod Mavericks...

I've never tried to foam the plunger, as I get very satasfying ranges without doing it, especially for indoor wars.

If you are satasfied with the ranges you're getting, don't do it.

#3 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:51 AM

I'm also a mav fan. Their looks are completely badass.

The "straw mod" to the plunger decreases the area inside of it, therefore, increasing the output air flow of the plunger itself. I've done this mod, and the difference in ranges is noticeable. It's also an easy mod to complete (run a "McDick's" straw through the tube, fill it with expanding foam, let it dry, cut excess material flush and you're done), so I recommend it.

Every extra foot helps in any war.

#4 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:52 AM

Same here. I messed up my 1st mav, but my 2nd turned out great, that is, utill I accidentally hacksawed off the part that holds the front of the turret in palce. I am hoping to get another for Xmas and use it's body for both clips.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#5 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:47 PM

My people! Yes, I also love the Mav, being my first gun, and is now experiencing a major overhaul (brass breech), and I'm not sure about the foam... but I did this to my scout when I put a coupler on and it was just dead space (kinda like the Mav), and I got 5' better constantly than the person who made the write-up.

Edited by Maeric, 02 November 2007 - 02:48 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#6 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

My people! Yes, I also love the Mav, being my first gun, and is now experiencing a major overhaul (brass breech), and I'm not sure about the foam... but I did this to my scout when I put a coupler on and it was just dead space (kinda like the Mav), and I got 5' better constantly than the person who made the write-up.

Um, why are you giving your mav a brass breech?
SNAP Shotgun

#7 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

I wouldn't do a brass breech unless you glue the slip clutch and add extra extension springs to the trigger. Otherwise, the Maverick barrel would be way to heavy for the rotation mechanism to turn.

Edited by Blasphemy, 02 November 2007 - 05:35 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#8 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:40 PM

I agree- I like Mavericks. I too play inside wars most of the time so the range doesn't bother me. My Maverick rocks- its spray-painted black and a specs of metallic finish. Can someone tell me where to find the mod to open the clip up further?

Edited by The Bone, 02 November 2007 - 05:41 PM.

No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

I wouldn't do a brass breech unless you glue the slip clutch and add extra extension springs to the trigger. Otherwise, the Maverick barrel would be way to heavy for the rotation mechanism to turn.

Do you know what a brass breech is? It doesn't use the turret. Look at Angel's LS.
SNAP Shotgun

#10 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:03 PM

Its kickass, my first gun too, but its ranges suck. Its only good for indoor, ask everyone at the last BCNO about how I sucked with it...
Timothy M-Lick <3

#11 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:59 AM

I modified one maverick succesfully, and broke 4 in the process. I hate mavericks. Anyway, welcome to NerfHaven!
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#12 Jortaro

Jortaro

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

I agree- I like Mavericks. I too play inside wars most of the time so the range doesn't bother me. My Maverick rocks- its spray-painted black and a specs of metallic finish. Can someone tell me where to find the mod to open the clip up further?

the mod is pretty easy (even for a newbie such as myself) i found the mod from here http://www.djarkady....=200707&paged=2 thou it does say using a crafting knife can be time consuming and that using a pair of pliers can be faster I recommend against it, as it can cause you to break the unit completely if you go too far so sticking with a crafting knife id better thou you may spend much more time on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users