Weird Airtech 2000 Problem

It won't pump....

5 replies to this topic

#1 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:29 PM

So I got two stock at2k's from kohls today, and I got right to modding. I'm getting my brass on friday, so I decided to just give them a bic pen mod and put them back together. I opened up the first one and put a bic pen piece where the trigger's spring is. This is supposed to let the air out quicker. I also plugged the pump of the gun. Problem is, when i screw the At2k back together, it doesn't pump properly. In order for the goo gauge to go up, I have to pump 6 times REALLY fast. When i pump at a steady pace the goo gauge doesn't go up. On my stock AT2K, if i pump at the same speed, the goo gauge will fill up in 5 pumps. Also, when I unscrew the gun and pump it, it works. It only encounters this problem when I use the gun with the shell on. Anybody know what the problem might be?
Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

Cut the bic Pen shorter.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:41 PM

Actually the Bic pen mod works better for Suppermaxx's and 3k's.

The 3k I have needs to be modded with a Bic... The air comes out too slow (compared to a 2k) and I think that it will solve the problem.

The pen is too long, with the trigger on it, and in the right place in the shell, it keeps the valve open.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:48 PM

I think the AT2k valve is like that of a 4B's. If the firing pin is kept back by a caught trigger or an extension that is slightly too long, the valve will only fully close when there is enough pressure behind it to force it shut (the valve is pulled open against the pressure in the tank). If the pen is cut a bit shorter, the valve can close all the way and seal the tank. This is a very common problem with mods to air guns using this valve setup.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 karpenter63

karpenter63

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:57 PM

I had the exact same problem with my SM1500, I posted a couple days ago. Here is the link to my post for some more, possibly helpful information
Nerf...my anti-drug

Frappr - Nerfers United

#6 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for the help guys. My bic pen piece was too long, so it was interferring with the air tank. I cut it down a bit and now it works perfectly. It doesn't shoot much farther (Stock At2ks shoot about...10 feet), but it will when I get my brass tubing on Friday. I'll post pictures when I finish the mod.
Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users