Photo

Need A Nerfgun For Larp.

Need sugesstions about which gun to buy.

12 replies to this topic

#1 august

august

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

Greetings.

First of all I would like to say hallo to the nerfhaven community.

In a month I will participate in a 40k LARP event.
But I realy need advice about which gun I should take.

Our event will be outside, together with the fact that I live in holland dousn't help either.
I need a gun with a decent range, preferably with a Foam dart magazine. (estetics)

I will gladly mod the gun if it makes it better.

I hope you can help me out.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:47 AM

The most popular gun for LARP usage is the Longshot, mainly because it has the features you want in both function and appearance.

For a list of modifications of that particular gun see: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7527
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Daedalin

Daedalin

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

Being as you're going to be LARPing 40k, have a look at the gun that comes with the Disk Shot game. It's like a less boxy Boltpistol. Apart from that, I'll have to agree with CS on this, the Longshot would be the way to go. Or, if you're going to be playing a Guardsman, the Rapidfire Rifle by Buzzbee looks a bit like a Lasgun, albeit in day-glo colors.
Power Metal Rule Number Twenty-eight
Songs come in two tempos: Metal and Ballad.

#4 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

An N-Strike Scout or Dart Tag Crossfire with the ammo holder sawed off are good LARPing pistols.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#5 Galorn

Galorn

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

I'd second both the Scout pistol (it looks a bit like the pistol carried by the Vindicare assassin) as well as the Diskshot pistol. If you paint a Longshot it could easily pass as a Lasgun (Imperial guard weapon), or Pulse rifle (Tau Weapon)
My heatware info;

Username: Galorn
Email: Galorn2@aol.com

#6 august

august

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for the help guy's.

I have looked up all the guns you mentioned.
They are all sweet but I am going for the double shot.
This is becous I love the appearence of the gun.
I am a Medic in the LARP so that would justify the unusual weaponry.

I am still searching for a hand pistol with a mag.

Thanks again.

Edited by august, 30 October 2007 - 05:49 AM.

#7 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:15 AM

If you want a clipped pistol, your only option currently is the Buzz Bee Clip Tek. It looks pretty weird, though.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#8 Galorn

Galorn

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:06 AM

If you want a clipped pistol, your only option currently is the Buzz Bee Clip Tek. It looks pretty weird, though.

AT least until that new thing comes out.
My heatware info;

Username: Galorn
Email: Galorn2@aol.com

#9 Direct Threat

Direct Threat

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:32 AM

If you're already playing a 40k larp, the cliptek has the added benefit of actually looking like a bolter. Its not a terrible gun for larping, either.

#10 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

This is gunna make me sound like an idiot but what exactly is larp? I get the basic idea, but is it a scripted, planed out sort of thing, or just role playing? wouldn't that just make it nerf with a theme, like the scenario paintball of nerf?

sounds fun,

spicy
In the words of colonel Sanders, I'm to drunk to chase this chicken.

#11 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

This is gunna make me sound like an idiot but what exactly is larp? I get the basic idea, but is it a scripted, planed out sort of thing, or just role playing? wouldn't that just make it nerf with a theme, like the scenario paintball of nerf?

sounds fun,

spicy

Stands for Live Action Role-Playing. Means there are rules, but everything happens in real time as players act out what their characters do. Usually things move much faster than in a tabletop game as you have less time to decide what to do, i.e. not as many time outs, rewinds ect.

I used to play in a larp in college, they are fun and can be more or less combat heavy depending on the people running and playing the game. Often there is a lot more going on than just shooting people, where diplomacy and subterfuge are required.

Also as for guns that might work well. Do you need worry about size/concealability?
If not the LS is a good choice as mentioned. I'd also say you should look at the mag strike as a rapid fire close range solution.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#12 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:02 AM

I would have to say you should use a nite finder or a diskshot. Its pretty easy to make a nite finder the size of like a small handgun. Call me a noob, but I didn't know what a LARP is until I read that quote. But probably use diskshot, I mean, A nitefinder and a disk shot have like, the exact same plunger and spring.

#13 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:11 AM

That would work, but he wanted a pistol with a magazine.
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users