Supermaxx 1500...problems

Pump won't work

3 replies to this topic

#1 karpenter63

karpenter63

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

Ok, so I want to modify my SM1500, but I am having a few...technical difficulties.

What I mean by this is, whenever I put the gun back together, after fiddling with the insides, the pump doesn't work at all. Then I open the gun back up, the pump works again.

When the pump doesn't work, I can put my finger in the barrel and I can feel air coming out.

One last thing you should know is when I tried to open it the first time, one of the screws was stripped, so I just ripped it open. I don't think it is a major problem, but there is a little tear in the plastic. Does anyone have any ideas why I am having this problem.
Nerf...my anti-drug

Frappr - Nerfers United

#2 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

If it's working when the gun is open, then something is wrong with the trigger or firing pin. The air coming out of the barrel indicates that the valve is open.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#3 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

What most likely is occuring is that the trigger is pulling the firing pin out (back) enough that the tank isn't sealed, so when you pump the gun, air is going through the gun. If you did a bic pen mod or a hot glue colum on the trigger/firing pin then you need to shorten and allow the trigger to move farther back to the end of the firing pin so that when it is in place the tank can remained closed. If you didn't modify the trigger/firing pin your problem is probably that the trigger isn't put back in the correct spot (too far back) or the tank was placed too far forward. All I'm really trying to say is that the something (most likely the trigger) is holding the firing pin too far back and opening the barrell end of the tank. Hope this made sense and helps!

#4 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

The same thing happened to me, but it seemed that someone tried to clip out the air restrictors and did the same thing.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users