Photo

Yeah, So Im New...

9 replies to this topic

#1 H34V3N 53NT 50LD13R

H34V3N 53NT 50LD13R

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

Hi all! Im sort of new here and was hoping to get to know you all.

I just got started in the NERF modification thing, and have already completed and repainted 2 guns, the maverick and the nite finder. Starting to get some other guys into the whole NERF battles too. Already made some close combat weapons, ill try to post pics in the Modifications section as soon as i possibly can. Made a warhammer, a pike, and there is plans for a sythe later on, so keep on the look out. :P
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
Were commin aboard,
PREPARE TO EAT LEAD!!!!

#2 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:01 PM

Welcome to the Haven. Does everybody in Heaven speak L337? :P

Ooh, my first emoticon... I feel dirty...

Edited by penguin807, 25 October 2007 - 10:03 PM.

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:07 PM

Cool. What types of mods did you do?

The Nerf CQC weapons won't fly in a real war, but they sound cool in a house :P

Welcome, and have funs.
-keef
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 H34V3N 53NT 50LD13R

H34V3N 53NT 50LD13R

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

Cool. What types of mods did you do?

The Nerf CQC weapons won't fly in a real war, but they sound cool in a house :lol:

Welcome, and have funs.
-keef

Thanks for the wonderfull reception guys!
My mods, as mentioned above, are on the Maverick and the Nite Finder. Lets start with the smaller of the two shall we?

I only did some minor adjustments on the Nite Finder, the only real dirty work done on it was the new paintjob and ripping out the LED light. Didnt really think the beam was nifty at all, more of a liability in a NERF battle. I also streched the main spring in the cocking mechanism to extend the shooting distance, chopped off the nubb on the barrel used as a targeting crosshair, and sawed down the barrel itself to make it more compact. Then came the logoed circles on the sides, sawed those off too and replaced them with plastic plates. From there, it was a matter of just figuring out how to decorate it in a NERFtastic fashion.

The maverick only got 3 mods on it. Chopping off the nubs on the inside of the rotating dart pod case helped the magazine pop out farther than it origionally did, allowing reloading to be muuuuuch easier. Also, it got a new paintjob as well and the main cocking mechanism spring has also been stretched for maximum firing power and distance. NERF symbols and warning labels were sanded off both guns.

Well, those are my mods, hope you liked them. CHEERS! :ph34r:
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
Were commin aboard,
PREPARE TO EAT LEAD!!!!

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the wonderfull reception guys!

The reception is dictated by the member. Look at the DRASTIC difference between yourself and mtreldon or whatever his name was.
I hate you.

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

Good to see atleast one intelligent new person come through the digital doors to the Haven. Welcome and have a nice stay.

On the subject on mods, Possibly some pictures of your painting in the mod/paint sticky? I always get excited to see other ways people paint.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#7 H34V3N 53NT 50LD13R

H34V3N 53NT 50LD13R

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

Good to see atleast one intelligent new person come through the digital doors to the Haven. Welcome and have a nice stay.

On the subject on mods, Possibly some pictures of your painting in the mod/paint sticky? I always get excited to see other ways people paint.

Why thank you kind sir! Nice to meet you too!

As soon as i figure out how to post some pics on this forum of my new paintjobs, ill show ya. Also, just finished my hockeystick, Pringles can, foam, and ducktape warhammer! Hope you'll likem all! ;)
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
Were commin aboard,
PREPARE TO EAT LEAD!!!!

#8 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:36 PM

If you have a digital camera you can upload them on your computer and then use Photobucket to post them here.

Also welcome.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#9 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:37 PM

Here's how to post pictures just for the record.

Edit: Curses, Dayko kinda beat me to it.

Edited by penguin807, 26 October 2007 - 06:38 PM.

#10 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:56 PM

Welcome!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users