Airtech 2000 Unique Barrel Repalcement Mod

Only i would think of it

13 replies to this topic

#1 Nerf Nerd

Nerf Nerd

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

Ok so i got this crappy Airtech 2000 Nerf Gun from my aunt. I was like this is crap! It sucked. So i opened it up and took out the quad barrel. I took two of the barrels and used it as a barrel for my night finder you can see that post ---> Here I pretty much just said qhat ever to my airtech and was gonna use it for scraps and stuff. Then i came to Lord of the ring's mod! Mod Thread Here I actually used tried out the crayola b4 i saw the post but w/e. Either way i put a crayola on my airtech and then plugged a hole for more pressure like he did. Now i wanted to go big. So i figured a new barrel. I dont have like anything at all. No PVC or PETG or Brass, what can i say im a kid. So i looked around my house and i came acorss the most un-likly thing EVER! A "Recorder" A music instrument. Like a flute to better help u understand. It breaks into three pieces. So i took the middle piece with all the holes in it. Stuck a nerf bullet at the top, a perfect fit! And it gets smaller at the bottom, but its about 8 inches long. So i glued up the holes, took of my crayola, and straped this baby to my airtech! Just like Lord of the rings, i come out with the average range of 90+. And i have two recorders, so i might be making another modification real soon. Anyway since i don't have a working Picture taking camera i made a video here ya go.

Heres my video

Oh, in my video i said i stook a t-shirt in the barrel for re-inforcement (you'll know when u watch it) i said "Like Cartoon Did" i was wrong i ment to say "like lord of the ring did" so oppsies.

Edited by Nerf Nerd, 20 August 2007 - 07:27 PM.

I Heart Nerf
QUOTE(PREDATOR @ Oct 21 2006, 08:34 PM) View Post

"Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."

#2 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

Wow, this is creative. You seem to have the gift of taking random stuff and making good guns out of it.

#3 stewy

stewy

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:49 PM

Great job.

Now I can tell my mom that I am musically active...

#4 Nerf Nerd

Nerf Nerd

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:32 PM

He He yea i got my recorder in 4th grade. We had to like play it for school and stuff. So i gave it to my friend and then he got his own. So i got them both back and now i have two barrels! I used one of them for this mod but i got an extra for w/e i want. Now i jsut gotta find a gun to use it with.

Edited by Nerf Nerd, 20 August 2007 - 07:28 PM.

I Heart Nerf

"Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."

#5 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

That is very creative. How is the fit on stock darts? Also your barrel seems kind of crooked. You may want to fix that or it may effect your accuracy.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

Your barrel is angled upwards, and you should push the dart to the very back of the barrel with a chopstick or other ramrod, but other than that, this is a very good, creative mod. Plus, it means there is one less annoying instrument in the world. Great job. Oh, and for the videos, you should look into a tripod for the camcorder so you can support it at any angle and show the work with both of your hands.

P.S.: You may want to clean up the post for grammar and get rid of the chatroom lingo to make the writeup easier to read.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 20 August 2007 - 06:01 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#7 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

Aside from the horrific waste of a recorder, this is a neat mod.

#8 Nerf Nerd

Nerf Nerd

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

Yes the recorder doesnt exactly fit. When i put it in in jamms a little into the plastic. If i dremeled/cut into the plastic around the single shot barrel part i bet it would fit i think ill try that. And yea sry bout the video, i couldn't find the trippod oppsies. And stock darts fit in perfect they're loose and only the top stays out.

Edited by Nerf Nerd, 20 August 2007 - 07:30 PM.

I Heart Nerf

#9 Dragoon

Dragoon

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

Can you explain the mod you did to the pump? It seems that you took off the handle and drilled some holes in it but I don't get how it helped. Creative barrel though.

#10 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

Can you explain the mod you did to the pump? It seems that you took off the handle and drilled some holes in it but I don't get how it helped. Creative barrel though.

He just took the handle off, there's already holes.
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#11 Nerf Nerd

Nerf Nerd

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

Oh my bad, i took the handel off for a previous mod and then lost it so thats not part of the mod. If you went and read Lord of the ring's Mod one of his fixes was to Hot glue a hole in the pump. They're is a hole at the end of the barrel bout half a centimeter which lets out pressure when the pressure gets to high. So, if you hotglue the whole shut no pressure gets out, which means less pumps = more pressure more pressure= farther ranges, more air.

Edited by Nerf Nerd, 20 August 2007 - 09:30 PM.

I Heart Nerf

#12 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

They're is a hole at the end of the barrel bout half a centimeter which lets out pressure when the pressure gets to high. So, if you hotglue the whole shut no pressure gets out, which means less pumps = more pressure more pressure= farther ranges, more air.

This is known as the overpressure valve. Be careful plugging it, as you can easily build up enough pressure to pop non-stefan darts.
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#13 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

Not to mention your air tank.

#14 Nerf Nerd

Nerf Nerd

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:34 AM

Yea i had expierience braking non-stefan darts. Broke a whole 30 pack of velcro stick bullets putting them in my Big Blast Bazooka. Bad Choice
I Heart Nerf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users