Deagle Maverick

Possible, but not practical

16 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

After hearing alot of talk about Deagle Mavs, and then having the turret on one of my mavericks break, I decided to try it:

Posted Image

All I did was epoxy a barrel made of SCH80 PVC and 17/32 Brass direcetly to the plunger tube. I then cut off the extra parts of the shell, and took a small piece of it and epoxied it to the bottom of the barrel for cosmetic reasons.

Posted Image

The result is a single shot maverick that gets 30-40 foot range firing stefans.
It's not very practical, and I will probably never use this gun in a war, but it was an interesting experiment anyway.

Here's another pic:

Posted Image

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:22 PM

After hearing alot of talk about Deagle Mavs, and then having the turret on one of my mavericks break, I decided to try it:

Posted Image

All I did was epoxy a barrel made of SCH80 PVC and 17/32 Brass direcetly to the plunger tube. I then cut off the extra parts of the shell, and took a small piece of it and epoxied it to the bottom of the barrel for cosmetic reasons.

Posted Image

The result is a single shot maverick that gets 30-40 foot range firing stefans.
It's not very practical, and I will probably never use this gun in a war, but it was an interesting experiment anyway.

Here's another pic:

Posted Image

Looks more like an H&K MK23 SOCOM, I think. You should somehow thread the tip of the barrel, That would be sweet. Good job!
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#3 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

Nice! I think it would be more powerful if you had added about 4'' to 6'' on to the barrell, you might even be able to turn this into a breech mod. :blush:
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#4 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Nice! I think it would be more powerful if you had added about 4'' to 6'' on to the barrell, you might even be able to turn this into a breech mod. :blush:

Uh, the maverick is weak. For the most power on a gun like that you stick to about 3-4 inches total.

Edited by JurassicPark, 18 July 2007 - 03:33 PM.

"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#5 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

That's a nice-looking gun; it's a shame the Mav doesn't have the power. I know that it would be a lot of work for quite little practical payoff, but could this theoretically be Nite-Mav'd?

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

That's a nice-looking gun; it's a shame the Mav doesn't have the power. I know that it would be a lot of work for quite little practical payoff, but could this theoretically be Nite-Mav'd?

Yes, but If I had the patience to do a Nite-Mav, I'd do one with a turret :blush:

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

Actually, I'm making a Nite-Mav RIGHT now, litterally.
If it turns out not so good, I'll try to do what you just said, make a "PETG Deaglerick" ©2007 Keef
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

Finally got the wireless internet working in CT.

Nice! I think it would be more powerful if you had added about 4'' to 6'' on to the barrell, you might even be able to turn this into a breech mod. :)

The Maverick is a weak sidearm. Its main strength is the high ROF, since it lacks the power to hit targets at longer range. Adding a breach to a weapon that you previously removed a magazine from and singled is near pointless for the little benefit you would get from a better barrel-to-plunger tube seal.

b_k93, it isn't necessary to quote the entire first post in your reply.

ANF: How big of a difference is there in weight now that you removed the rotary chamber? Does it feel unbalanced at all?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#9 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:10 PM

ANF: How big of a difference is there in weight now that you removed the rotary chamber? Does it feel unbalanced at all?

Nope, it doesn't feel unbalanced. It actually feels better than a regular Maverick, too bad it's never gonna see any use.

#10 CAP Blue Beret

CAP Blue Beret

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

Well, it's true that this is not practical. However, it looks good, and you might be able to use it as a surender weapon. What I mean is, a weapon that looks "Scary" can be used to make a new be surender.
Check out NerfNation

#11 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

Well, it's true that this is not practical. However, it looks good, and you might be able to use it as a surender weapon. What I mean is, a weapon that looks "Scary" can be used to make a new be surender.

Oh yeah that'll work,

"Surrender or I'll shoot you in the head with my foam powered shitty plunger air gun!"
Its only a lil' plastic toy game, next post someone will say "interrogate them"

Edited by keef, 22 July 2007 - 10:31 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#12 CAP Blue Beret

CAP Blue Beret

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:05 AM

Integrate them.

Okay, really.

I said new be for a reason. They don't know how a maverick feels. Also, if you were to put a titan air tank on your back, then hook that to the maverick, you would have a very nice gun.
Check out NerfNation

#13 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:02 AM

If you hooked up about anything to a Mav it would work better,
Even a SSPB shoots farther after mods!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#14 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

I did this to a mav of mine once too. Got about 50 feet with it until something broke and now I can't cock it anymore.

At that point I was like...hmm, it's not that bad *break* friggin' mavs are still gay as hell.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#15 kurtcobain

kurtcobain

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

Nope, it doesn't feel unbalanced. It actually feels better than a regular Maverick, too bad it's never gonna see any use.

Why not use it as a holdout weapon?
"I can't get my story straight!"

The fonz

#16 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

What exactly does that mean in the context of Nerf?

#17 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:55 PM

Should have looked at the time of posts. I'm very sorry administrators!

Edited by Lynx, 18 August 2007 - 11:57 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users