Photo

Improving And Fixing Your At2k

10 replies to this topic

#1 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:00 PM

I realize it has been a long time since i last posted but I feel I should share my mod for the AT2K with you. As I have used my AT2K I have found an issue with the construction of them. If you overpump them and then fire them the O-ring like thing inside the air tank will either dislodge itself or it will forcefully fire out. Now while some people will simply scrap the gun for parts or will just throw it out there is a way to fix it and I will now outline this.
Things needed
-superglue
-electrictape
-PVC cutters or a hacksaw but PVC cutters are recomended
First disassemble your AT2K then take the airtank out and draw a line in permanent marker on the tank. Now this is where you can diviate from my plans alittle. First you take your PVC cutters and slowly makecircles around the outsde slowly decreasing its size. Until it comes apart in two pieces. If you do not have PVC cutters then you can take a hacksaw and cut through the outside but be sure to not cut through the middle part where the metal pin is. When you are done with this step it should look like this Posted Image
Take off the black o-ring part that is off in the picture above. The take super glue and glue this black piece back onto the plastic piece it was on. Posted Image
Next take some electric tape and pull back on the metal pin and put the electric tape on it so the pin will not move forward. It should look like this Posted Image
Now using superglue again attatch the two pieces of airtank together this is where the permanent marker marks help to line up the tank. it should look like this Posted Image . once this is dry add more superglue and a layer or two of electric tape over it to ensure the seal. Once the airtank part is dry remove the electric tape on the metal pin to finish part one.

This is the second upgrade that can be done to inprove the gun. The orange gauge part of the assembly is also a weak point in the gun. In two of my guns it has leaked or entirely broken. To fix this is rather simple.
materials needed
-superglue
-hacksaw
-drill with drillbits
-new tubing
-knife
First remove the orange part from both the airtank and the yellow tubing. Also using a knife remove the yellow tubing from the pump. Using a drill, drill out the hole where the orange part was in the airtank. it should be large enough to accomidate the tubing you will be inserting i n there. When this is done it should look like this Posted Image
Next cut the tubbing like this to make it stay in the airtank easier. Posted Image glue this part into the hole in the airtank with superglue. Add electric tape if you want to but its not nessasary.
Cut the tube to lenghth where as it fits over the pump part where the old tubbing was. Glue the other end of new tubbing onto that part with superglue add Electric tape. It should look like this Posted Image
Finished it should look like this Posted Image
To finish this you must do a bic pen mod to do this add a bit of bic pen onto the pin as seen on the last picture. To get more info on this part use the searchhe website. Now add a new barrel and put it back into the case and you have a gun that will be able to be pumped to a much higher amount and without harmful repercussions.
Any questions or comments?

-DTReaper
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

That's a nice write up! Wow, I can't imagine that tank being airtight after only superglue.... But I guess.

I have a question is the pump still plugged like this or no?

Nice.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

Yes the pump is plugged and yes superglue can do amazing things but i think that the electric tape helps it alot in the airtight department.

-DTR

#4 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

My Airtech broke where the liquitron meets the air tank. I basically did the same, but without opening up the tank. Nice work.
HERP DERP.

#5 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

Someone was saying that the liquitron gauge has a valve that causes the tank to build pressure, is this true? Also with all of the extra tubing would it take more pumps for the gun to be brought to pressure?

#6 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

Someone was saying that the liquitron gauge has a valve that causes the tank to build pressure, is this true? Also with all of the extra tubing would it take more pumps for the gun to be brought to pressure?

No there is no valve in the liqidtron gauge that causes pressure in the firing tank to rise however there is a valve that causes pressure in the liquid tube to rise which is how they use the guage. And no not really it still has about the same amount of area that it had before. In fact it might be smaller because I opened up the liquid gauge to the pressure tank so in fact it probably has less.

-DTR

#7 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

I'd recommend using plumbers goop also to help seal it up. Use super glue to glue the pieces back together, and then plumbers goop over that. Plumber's goop would also be good for the vinyl tubing. A pretty awesome mod.

#8 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

How did you remove the orange circle of the goo gauge from the actual 2k tank?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#9 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

I used a hack saw to cut it off even with the white part of the tank then used a drill to drill out the remaining orange material in the hole. It was really quite simple of a thing. And the super glue holds fine but if you want to use plumers goop go right ahead.

-DTR

#10 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

This is slightly off topic, but here it goes:

I have to open up my SM3000 (blue) airtank because the firing pin disconnected from the sealing ring. Will a handful of plumber's goop be able to seal the damn thing after I saw it open? I only ask because I, for one, am terrible when dealing with air-pressure guns.

Either that or should I be using a combination of superglue and plumber's goop? I am unsure of which is stronger.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#11 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

This is slightly off topic, but here it goes:

I have to open up my SM3000 (blue) airtank because the firing pin disconnected from the sealing ring. Will a handful of plumber's goop be able to seal the damn thing after I saw it open? I only ask because I, for one, am terrible when dealing with air-pressure guns.

Either that or should I be using a combination of superglue and plumber's goop? I am unsure of which is stronger.

Ok the trick to it is to use the marks on airtank to keep it in line. Besides that a layer of superglue first to first secure it and then another layer of it liberally on the outside. But you could use plumbers goop instead of the second layer. Be liberal wth it.

-DTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users