The Sequel

50 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:41 PM

So the previous version of Bob was very promising but had some functional issues with the trigger configuration. And the Triple Strike Blast Chamber developed a leak I couldn't fix. So I mentally noted all of the changes I wanted to make with the assumption that I would get around to it after Apoc.

Well I figured out an quick and simply way to accomplish what I was after and got it done in two afternoons. Here is Bob II.
Posted Image
The RF20 is literally bolted in place. This makes for an extremely durable joint and still allows me to take the joined gun apart.
Posted Image
The original RF20 trigger has been replaced with a normal push-button valve that I mounted in the Big Blast Trigger well so I can now control both triggers with my right index finger.
Posted Image
Today I replaced the RF20 barrels with Polyester and gained roughly 10 feet in range.
Posted Image
The RF20 gets hooked up to an external tank. The Big Blast doesn't need to be and only requires 5 pumps to reach beyond 100 feet. The RF20 is the integrated primary and now gets 50-60 feet @ 50psi. The forward grip is a thin sheet of Styrene. A very easy to form plastic that you can cut to shape using scissors and can be warped and bent with only mild heating from a Hair Dryer.
Posted Image

Video:
Info on external air tank: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8234

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 March 2010 - 10:27 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#2 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've wanted to attach an RF20 to my Titan for a while, but never had the tools to do it. Would you go into more detail as to how you changed the RF20's trigger?

That's really awsome.

Is it really heavy, or awkward to hold at all?

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 21 June 2007 - 04:50 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#3 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Very Awsome! I like it. I might be able to use my chopped up RF20 now.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#4 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

Capitan Slug stop integrating Primaries with primaries, it's too ridiculous :D

Anyways, I always know you come through with making titanic foam throwing machines.
Clean and batshit insane as usual.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#5 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

Very clean, should be banned, all the usual CS stuff. Good job though.
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#6 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:47 PM

Thats Awesome!!! Very clean. Also how heavy is it? And is it verry stable where its connected, because I know the RF20 is heavier. Nice Job!

#7 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:47 PM

That's retarded awesome. Retarded in a good, "I wish my mods were that clean," kind of way. Anxious to see how that will perform on the field, hopefully I won't be on the receiving end of it.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#8 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

You know CS, I was thinking of something similar. I was thinking of a titan/magstrike combo, r3eplacing the titan front grip with the magstrike grip and linking the titan pump to the magstrike.
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:22 PM

Video is up:

1. I've wanted to attach an RF20 to my Titan for a while, but never had the tools to do it. Would you go into more detail as to how you changed the RF20's trigger?

2. Is it really heavy, or awkward to hold at all?

1. See this pic until I can get a picture of the internals of BOB II: http://www.captainsl.../nerf/bob_1.jpg
I used a 4mm metric barbed tube coupler to adapt the stock tubing to 1/4" OD. The push-button valve now connects directly to the firing piston.
If you get fittings that have the same dimensions as the stock tubing you won't need to adapt the tubing size. It wouldn't be too difficult to integrate the air system of an RF20 into a titan. In fact if you scalp the link-up parts from a Hornet you could simply couple the RF20 tubing into that.

2. It's a little front heavy but very workable. The whole thing together weighs just under 3 pounds.

You know CS, I was thinking of something similar. I was thinking of a titan/magstrike combo, r3eplacing the titan front grip with the magstrike grip and linking the titan pump to the magstrike.

The problem with integrating a magstrike into anything is that fact that the clip has to advance upwards. So it will work best to mount it on the side of something rather than on the top or bottom.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 21 June 2007 - 07:31 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:29 PM

Thats...So...Fucking...SICK!!!!!
Now I have to get a BB and a RF20!!!!!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#11 Chewbacca

Chewbacca

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

:D

And I thought Bob I was cool. That there is a beast. I'd definetely think twice before rushing that thing. Great integration! When is Bob III coming out?

-Chewie

P.S. Diggin' the barefootedness! (is that even a word?)

#12 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

When is Bob III coming out?

When I come up with an integration plan that's more demented than this one.

#13 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

That's really awesome. Long range with full auto to back it up. I did something similar a while ago mounting my titan on a Magstrike. It was a real nice result.
HERP DERP.

#14 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

Good point CS, I forgot to mention but the MS would be inverted. :D not a total idiot, just slightly demented.

edit:

with a bladder relocation....

Edited by Dangaard, 21 June 2007 - 09:38 PM.

Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#15 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:19 PM

When is Bob III coming out?

When I come up with an integration plan that's more demented than this one.

Maybe A titan and a bigger salvo and a rf20 all in one?
QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#16 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

Well there IS still some room in the dead space of the RF20 shell if I wanted to get even more absurd with integrating things. I could throw a triple strike blast chamber in just for giggles if I wanted to.
But the point is to have a functional and terrifying unified weapon system. I'm not specifically aiming to make the Nerf equivalent of the ZF-1

Edited by CaptainSlug, 21 June 2007 - 09:40 PM.

#17 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

Why not? :D :D :P That gun was really cool. "Replay" was awesome.You could fit a NF somewhere on there. :P

Edited by baseballnolan5, 21 June 2007 - 10:03 PM.

QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#18 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

The gun is extremely intreging(sp?), to say the least. It's very clean, like all your mods are. Are you ever going to use it in a war? It seems a little silly to me, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

Astonishing as always.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#20 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

The gun is extremely intriguing, to say the least. It's very clean, like all your mods are. Are you ever going to use it in a war? It seems a little silly to me, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I will be using it at Apoc (August 4th). It's the only gun I'm bringing aside from a pair of nitefinders.

#21 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:02 AM

Man, yet again you make a scarry and effective intergration.

One of these days I am going to get around to making somthing like that untill then, I will just stare at yours.

Man I really wish you would take up the task of learning how to paint so you could unify your guns better. You have the first part in unifying parts into a gun, no bad seams, down to an artform. I just wish, from time to time, you would do the painting.

Edit: Bad grammer seems my brain was out on a brake when I posted the first time.

Edited by Z-man12, 22 June 2007 - 12:11 AM.

I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#22 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:08 AM

I'll have to find an appropriate color of Vinyl Dye first. I won't have time to paint it until after Apoc.
And I don't really like paint, so I tend to avoid it. If I were to paint it I would probably just paint the RF20 shell black and repaint the yellow of the Big Blast to red.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 22 June 2007 - 12:18 AM.

#23 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

Just because I can, and because it's really funny. After I fixed the leak problem I had with the other triple strike blast chamber I added it on a separate trigger.
Posted Image
I'm not going to leave it on there though.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 22 June 2007 - 03:36 PM.

#24 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

So many barrels...
Video looks great!

Edited by Cmdrmack, 22 June 2007 - 03:26 PM.

QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#25 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

My gosh, this is getting ridiculous. I like it, but I personally would just stick with the BB by itself. Even though the RF20 is removable, I think having this may limit mobility. I personally don't like anything bulky, Slim, simple and effective and ease of use is what I look for in a gun. It should be cool to see at Apoc though....
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users