Mping

My Pain Inducing Nerf Gun

11 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

I made this beauty out of a peice of 1 foot long pvc pipe that is 3\8 of an inch in diameter, a pistol grip whater hose valve, 2 inches of threaded pvc pipe, 1\2 in diameter, and a threaded pvc coupler, and a good pump.

ranges are about 100+ feet, no official ranges, and there will not be any, because i cant be bothered to.

Posted Image

Edited by nerfer909, 08 June 2007 - 02:32 PM.

Step 1: Throw TTG against wall.
Step 2: Drive to Toy Store.
Step 3: Buy a NF.

Blasphemy. I think you need to throw yourself against a wall, drive to store and buy yourself a brain.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

in·duce /ɪnˈdus, -ˈdyus/
–verb (used with object), -duced, -duc·ing.
1. to lead or move by persuasion or influence, as to some action or state of mind: to induce a person to buy a raffle ticket.
2. to bring about, produce, or cause: That medicine will induce sleep.

I made this beauty out of a peice of 1 foot long pvc pipe that is 3\8 of an inch in diameter

Inner or outer? If that's the outer diameter than you used 1/8" pipe. If that's the inner diameter then it's probably SCH40 1/4" pipe.
Since your post contains only half-information it's more confusing than simply posting "hey I made this thing".

and there will not be any, because i cant be bothered to.

Then don't say "about 100+ feet". Just say you haven't measured them yet.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 08 June 2007 - 02:11 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:10 PM

I mean about 100 feet because i shot it down my street and my street is about 500 feet long and it went about 1\5 of the way down, so it was about 100 feet, and actually i will eventually do some range tests.

Blasphemy. I think you need to throw yourself against a wall, drive to store and buy yourself a brain.

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:06 PM

That's pretty neat!

Now, help me understand here.

- What kind of hose valve is that? Looks like a Scott's pistol-grip trigger sprayer. Does it have an airtight seal? Because the last time I tried using several brands (Hunter, Scott's, Martha Stewart :lol: ) of hose handle sprayers as valves, they sucked. Horribly. The rubber donut seals keep water out, but marginally. I would imagine less so for pressurized air.

- How do you "one way" the airflow from the pump to the air tank? I don't see anything like a tire valve, or some other kind of one-way. It almost looks like the pump is hot-glued to the bottom of the hose handle (forgive me, the pic is a little blurry and I can't see too well anyway.) Generic-brand bike/ ball pump? Some ball pumps have a built-in one way valve. But they're not 3/8 of an inch...my son's Franklin mini-ball pump fits, in fact, perfectly in a 5/8" PVC coupler!

- About performance testing; you should do some minimal testing to get an idea of how far the thing shoots. You stated it shoots "about 100 feet", but you don't care. But most of us do, especially if you claim that. You eyeballed the distance as "1/5 of my 500 foot long street". Did you measure it with a tape measure or wheel? You should invest in some marking paint. A couple of innocent lines painted on your street would give you an instant test range. I did that in our driveway, which is also about 500 feet long.

My Scout shoots "about 100 feet", give or take a fifty or sixty or so. See?

At about 100 feet, how many pumps did it take to accomplish this? Do the darts "fish-tail" out the barrel? Many air-powered blasters fishtail their darts when firing pressure moves beyond their air delivery capabilities of the existing barrel.

Details make the creation come to life! Surely you don't just amble around the garage and start stickin' things you find together and call it a gun....

...do you?

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

It is a scott one, and i took out the rubber donut, there is no other valves, i just hot glued it to the bottom of the pump, and it only takes 1 pump, any more and it will send the sprayer valve flying in the air, the pump brand is a pump-it-up ball pump, yes it does fishtail, but then it goes straight and is extremely accurate, it only took me a total of 2 and a half minutes to put together, and about 5 minutes to think of, i was just browsing around wal mart, and was wondering what new gun i could make, so i bought some pipe, and that valve, the other stuff i already had, and the valve is pretty heavy since it is metal, and it scares the crap out of my dog because it is sooooo loud, it is just a big boom, and hurts like h e double hockey sticks, i shot myself from 4 inches away and it was some of the worst pain i ever felt, and it is very comfortable to hold.

#6 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:23 PM

Your Walmart has pipe? My WalMart must be horrible. I have never heard of a dart fishtailing and then becoming accurate again. Even with my old LBB. Why is it so loud? Air guns are usually followed with a THUMP, or WHOOH. (Try to sound it out).
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#7 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

The darts probably hurt because of how small they are.

#8 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:29 PM

I said loud. And anyway it is because of their small surface area.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#9 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:06 AM

I think what everyone here is trying to tell you is that Nerfhaven is allergic to BULLSHIT. They're being very nice about it. Maybe it's just the new member sickness. Like you've got something to prove. I know I had that problem starting out. Be yourself, and don't be ashamed if you can only mod a nitefinder. It may turn out being the most useful gun in the whole war. One guy used dual NFs in the MN wars and rocked everyone multiple times.

Ok, I really doubt this thing holds any air. 1. You haven't explained whether the bike pump has a one way valve. 2. Hot glue will NOT hold to make a pressure tank that holds 100' worth of pressure. 3. Do you know what those rubber things do that you pulled out? They hold air! 4. Lastly, darts do not recover from fishtailing. I don't know who your trying to fool, but it's not me. I think you need to get your facts straight. Unless I see video, I say BS.

Edited by Carrtoon, 09 June 2007 - 12:08 AM.

When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#10 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

I said loud. And anyway it is because of their small surface area.

Wait, what? I was just commenting on why the darts might go so far and hurt so much..... I wasn't answering you.

#11 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

it is sooooo loud, it is just a big boom, and hurts like h e double hockey sticks,

Either say it or don't. Don't self censor, especially with words like "hell".
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#12 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

I was adding some humor to it, and here is mping with an extended air tank,

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users