Dtg Clip

A Basic Way To Do It

5 replies to this topic

#1 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:27 PM

OK, so I'm sure many people would like to have a DTG Clip that can go out of the gun. I have found a simple, basic way to do this. If you have a DTG, you know that the ARs snap on to the base of the turret. I just simply glued the ARs to the barrels on the turrets. After, I cut and sanded the front of the DTG to allow the upper part of the turret to be taken out. So, basically, the ARs are holding the DTG clip on the base of the turret and since the turret isn't screwed together, you can take it off. There seems to be a minimal range decrease of maybe 1 ft. in my stock DTG. The only problem is you can't knock the DTG too hard or else the clip might fall off. I will have pictures up a little later.

Edit- Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by NiteWalker, 09 April 2007 - 12:38 PM.

NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

Wow. I did this EXACT same thing to my DTg 2 days ago. That's so wierd. Yea if you drop the DTg the clip will fall off. It would be a lot more useful if you had multiple clips.

I decided to brass mine. I'm working on it now. I put 3" brass barrels in and my DTG is only shooting like litterally 2 feet. I glued the AR's to the white turret. and put brass over the AR's. My seal with the barrels seems fine, I dunno the problem....
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

A warning: don't brass stock DTGs unless you replace the spring. The DTG doesn't have enough power to launch the darts out for some reason or the spring seal thing isn't good enough. I have 2 clips for my DTGs because I only use one at a time and both of them have the same clip mod done to them. I may just brass my blue DTG/At3k however, so that I can have the two clips for my stock DTG. I may post a vid later.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:08 PM

That's a nice mod. It seems like every turret gun but the Speedloader has been clip modded now.

RF20
WF
Mav
Firefly
and now the DTB!

I can't even tell the mod's been done looking at the front of the gun either. Virtual thumbs-up!

By the way, I've got a turret to get rid of if you want another.
SexD Warves

#5 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

very nice mod i did this to my dtb and added e-tape on the screw pegs and put in a nf spring now it is pretty good

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#6 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

Did not notice the date. My bad.

Edited by JATDO, 22 January 2010 - 06:33 PM.

I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users