Nerf Emplacement Cannon 3

The final product.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

*before reading this topic you may want to read the previous nerf emplacement cannon topics, here they are: The first topic, The second topic (which I accidently posted twise) The second,second topic*

I am now going to complete this entire project by making a great and final nerf cannon using all of the information I have gathered from my previous cannons.

The main improvement from the previous gun is that it will use a piston valve instead of a simple ballvalve. I will make the piston valve using my own variation of this design. This will make the gun much more powerfull and it will allow me to bombard nerf forts from distances that would otherwise be un-achievable.

Also it will have a fairly elaborate wooden stand to hold the gun. I have not put too much thought into the stand yet so I cannot give that many details.

I am going to go to home-depot tommorow and buy all of the parts needed to make the functional portion of the gun. After that I will work on the stand seperatly and put the two together to form the finished product.

Tommorow I should have pics of the progress I have made.

Tell me what you think!

-sponge
When in doubt, make a huge nerf cannon of death.

#2 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

Sounds kick ass. When your done i'll add it to the directory..

#3 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:58 PM

If you can get the pressure behind the valve to a high enough level and still be functional, you could very well have a nerf howitzer in your garage. Maybe you should have a sabot-compatible barrel for multiple darts?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:09 PM

So basically you're making a large, piston exhaust-valve spud gun.

You're moving up in the world!

If built correctly, it'll throw more air out that a modified sprinkler valve,which uses almost the same principle, except using a diaphragm rather than a piston, which has a little more restriction (altough it still can chuck potatoes, golf balls, and PVC pieces a good distance)

The stand will give the gun the look you want. I tried to make a "trailer" using an old hand truck, but alas, my gun looks like a...gun on a hand truck. I'm going to try to make something to attach it to my work vehicle, which is painted ugly camoflauge. That ought to look pretty neat.

Good luck on the valve! That's even more enterprising than I would try!

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:23 PM

If you can pull this off (which I am sure you can, after testing with the other 2 cannons I have read about) I will have to build one, as I will be jealous that you have a huge, foam firing howitzer and I don't. In fact, I might even build 2... anyways, good luck with the project.

Guilo

#6 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:28 AM

Ok, today I went to home depot and got some stuff, however I forgot some crucial parts and am very busy today so all I got done is the piston for the piston valve.

Here it is:

Posted Image

The orange stuff is felt which will help the piston fit snugly in the 3" pipe and slide smoothly, wrapped around the end cap at the top is teflon tape which will be lubricated with some vaseline to create a nice seal. The center end cap is just for support and it has many holes drilled in it to allow pressure to flow through.

What do you think?

-sponge
When in doubt, make a huge nerf cannon of death.

#7 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

You do realize that the piston valve will most certainly blow out your weights unless you use rigid projectiles? You may want to consider if you really need all that power. I'd personally stick with a modded sprinkler valve. Also, how big are you planning to build the chamber?

-Butt

Edited by King Of Butt Land, 17 December 2006 - 11:23 AM.

QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#8 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

You do realize that the piston valve will most certainly blow out your waits unless you use rigid projectiles? You may want to consider if you really need all that power. I'd personally stick with a modded sprinkler valve. Also, how big are you planning to build the chamber?

-Butt

Yeah, if your making this gun how big I think your going to make it, that piston valve will blow the shit out af a nerf rocket. You will definately need to think about a sabot, unless your using like 20-30 psi for your shots. How big is the chamber?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users