Photo

Air Tech 3000 Modification

If a newb with too much time could do it you can to...

7 replies to this topic

#1 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

So I just got my twin set of 3000's off E-bay, when i got a sudden case of the Friday night mods. So here is what you are going to need for this easy modification.

///STUFF YOU NEED///

-- Pliers
--Saw (or a motor tool)
--markers
--X-acto Knife
--Flathead Screwdiver (or small hand chisel)
--AAA Flashlite (You'll see why)
--Philips Screwdriver
-- Air Tech 3000 (duh)
--Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks

///MODIFICATION STEPS///

Lay out your items, a good workbench should be good or just a table. Know carefully open up the gun you should see this...

Posted Image

Where my screw driver is pointing is where you want to go, straight to the pump. You need to plug the over-release valve to get better pressure.

Posted Image

You cannot really see it, but the valve is plugged, know put every thing back together, unless you want to go even further and do the goo-tube mod and customize your gun like CX did Here.

Know this is where your motor tool comes in handy, I did not have mine... :(
If you have one well just follow CX's instructions for cutting off the barrels. If you dont, stick around.
Now take a saw and very CAREFULLY cut the barrels off. then use your flathead screwdriver to carefully scrape the inner barrel away from the outer one. (I wish I had a picture of this but my camera is retarded and erased half of my data...)
If you are lucky the inner sleeve should pop right out after some careful cutting and chiseling.

After this you will need those markers, the knife, and the pliers. Oh, and the flashlight. Yank off the endcap and marker tip with the pliers, and pull out the ink tube. Know if you are using the crayola markers, this is where the light comes in handy...

Posted Image

Take off the tailcap of your maglite(preffered) and dump out the batterys. Then get your marker...

http://i94.photobuck.../M0000002-3.jpg

See the ridges, take the end of the light and ram it all the way into the marker...

Posted Image

If the thing goes well the edges of the flashlight will cut off the ridges leaving a smooth inside.

Know, repeat this five more times and then warm-up your glue gun... If you hollowed out the barrel stubs enough you should be able to slide the markers into the stub(the thin end of the marker). Again no pictures, I will have to retake some.
Then glue your new barrels in. When you are done they should look like this...

Posted Image

Your done, I added some tape for stability but will fix that later. Here are some more pics...

Head On...

Posted Image

Overall...

Posted Image

Close-up...

Posted Image

I know this has been done before but I have never seen a crayola-ed AT3k before. I will have ranges tomorrow, but four pumps gets me across the kitchen and living room(at least 40 ft. at chin level)
Questions? Comments? Flames? Start post'in! Some of the Barrels are a little long, i will fix that too... Shoddy job yes, but I was bored.

Meiser--- B)

Edited by meiser5, 06 October 2006 - 07:53 PM.

Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#2 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:53 AM

Pretty clean job removing the stock barrels and all, I must say. And props for finding a simple way to clean out a crayola barrel! Good job.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

I think your crayolas might be a little short.

I was thinking of doing something similar to my AT4K because there are so many barrels.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 Deathbymonkey

Deathbymonkey

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:55 PM

I have an at4k that i've been thinking about modding for a while now, but im new to modding and scared to do it without a guide. Are the insides of all the airtech guns basically the same?
How will you die? Eaten by sharks, or death by monkey! CHOOSE! --Andy (the kid in toy story)

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 03:10 PM

No. The innards of an At4K is a clusterfuck disaster waiting to happen. If your rotating mech still works be happy. You can still replace the barrels and plug the overpressure release valve without taking anything apart really.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 Deathbymonkey

Deathbymonkey

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

I'm glad to hear that my terror was completely justified. I really like it unmodded, It gets better ranges than an BBB, so i figured modded would be even better. I dont use stephans, so there would be no point in replacing the barrels. I might just plug the overpressure valve then.

Edited by Deathbymonkey, 07 October 2006 - 03:59 PM.

How will you die? Eaten by sharks, or death by monkey! CHOOSE! --Andy (the kid in toy story)

#7 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

I really like it unmodded, It gets better ranges than an BBB, so i figured modded would be even better.

Your At4k gets better ranges than a BBB? I don't believe you there. Anyways, nice mod! Should've read this before I went ahead and tore it apart when I was a noob, but then I wouldn't have got my SplitTarget then... Anyways, I have a question. How many pumps does it take to prime? Oh, and it gets 40 ft. flat only or it hits the wall 40 ft. away at chin level?
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#8 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:31 PM

//NightWalker--It takes 4 pumps to prime, and it hits my wall at chin level forty feet away.

//Forsaken Angel24--I am thinking of replacing those barrels with cvpc or some brass, yes they are a little short, but it is suprisingly accurate. Or I might do this to my other one and use this as a shotgun style gun.

//Falcon-- Thanks for the compliment.

//To every body-- I was not able to get out to get accurate ranges because I was selling popcorn to raise some money for my summer camp expenses, I will also be doing this tommorow so I think I will have ranges by Monday after school.

Meiser--- :angry:
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users