Pvc Nitefinder

My first mod write-up

13 replies to this topic

#1 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:01 PM

This is like man with many guns write up with a few twists.

So here is a stock nitefinder next to my modded nitefinder just so you know what is happening.
Posted Image
Now open that thing up, here is an internal picture.
Posted Image
See those three pieces keep the one in the middle and thow away the others.
Posted Image
Now drill out the whole thing like so.
Posted Image
Now take 4 in. of your PVC pipe and glue a crayola barrel in the back of it, or you can use electrical tape. Glue the back end of the PVC pipe, the part with the Crayola and epoxy it directly inside the ring that you just drilled out, and glue that ring with the pipe inside the plunger tube.
Now cut some plastic, add a stronger spring tape the plunger tube and you're done!
Posted Image

Ranges (roughly measured)
70 ft

Question, comments, praise?
B) This is my first write-up so I hope I did okay. :)

Edit: Changed Cpvc to PVC

~Trogdor

Edited by trogdor65, 23 July 2008 - 08:29 PM.

#2 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:23 PM

I can't believe 70 ft. Maybe 60 or greater with an old edition nf spring. However, I use high tension springs with nested brass barrels and I'm getting a little bit greater than 70 ft, maybe.

Edited by SirTofu, 17 September 2006 - 03:23 PM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

Not bad for a first write up. I dont know how you were able to fit a crayola barrel inside cpvc. If it was PVC I can understand. As a matter of fact it does look like pvc.

EDIT: PVC is gray but I have found in in white. There is no way you would be able to nest a crayola in CPVC. If a micro can slide all the way down the barrel with suction cup part dissapearing into the barrel its PVC.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 17 September 2006 - 04:08 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:03 PM

Forsaken I think it was CPVC but I don't really know, I thought that 1/2 in. CPVC fit micros and 1/2 in. PVC fit megas, but I don't know. Is CPVC gray? I have some of that that is the exact same size. So again I really don't know.

Tofu- I also have some stronger springs from Fleet Farm, I also think that it help because the CPVC/PVC fits right inside the ring in the plunger tube.

Thanks for the input

Edit: Yes It was PVC Not CPVC, thanks. I was wondering does cpvc fit micros tightly?

~trogdor

Edited by trogdor65, 17 September 2006 - 04:25 PM.

#5 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:57 PM

I was wondering does cpvc fit micros tightly?

My cpvc fits my micro stefans tightly. Great mod! I have and extra nf laying. I think it's gonna get modded.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#6 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:28 PM

My cpvc fits my micro stefans tightly. Great mod! I have and extra nf laying. I think it's gonna get modded.

Thanks PimpDaddy I've thought that I've been using CPVC for about 3 years. :) The wool has been pulled from my eyes. Good luck on the mod too, do you have epoxy, cause if you don't I DO NOT think that hot glue will work. Just trying to help you.

Edited by trogdor65, 17 September 2006 - 05:29 PM.

#7 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

Pretty cool, but do you use stefans?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#8 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:52 PM

Pretty cool, but do you use stefans?

I usually use stefans in wars, but I get about 2-5 ft. less with stefans, If you did this I would bet that Cpvc works better than than PVC with a nested Crayola, but I didn't know that before. :o

#9 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

Are you using a real Crayola, or RoseArt? RoseArts are better becasue they lack those threed spines in the marker body. Try using mega stefs, they are made of 5/8th inch FBR. That should get ya some good range.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#10 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

In one of my Nitefinders I have a real Crayola, and the other I have a Rose art, the second tim I didn't have another Rose Art. I'll try Megas but None of my other guns use megas so I'll have to buy some more FBR.

Edited by trogdor65, 17 September 2006 - 09:35 PM.

#11 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:45 PM

The only amazingly expensive part of stefans is, oh wait, their cheap. If you use BB's use about 3 on the Megas, that works wonders for me.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#12 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

Could someone give me a picture of CPVC next to PVC because I couldn't find the right size at Menards, I found 1/2 in. CPVC, but it was tiny. I don't think that my darts were to big. CPVC has the same OD as PVC, but a smaller ID right. Oh and I got some 5/8 in. foam so I'll tell any of you that were wondering what the ranges are once I make so darts this week.

#13 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

The OD of cpvc is almost the same as the ID of PVC. It is an off white color.

#14 Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:19 PM

I am really sorry if this topic is old, but I cannot tell :( . My hardware store sells different sizes of pvc and cpvc, so I do not see how one is always smaller than the other :huh: .

Again, I am REALLY sorry if this topic is old (please don't flame me)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users