#1 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:21 PM

On a whim, I Froogled for the Longshot, and came up with this link:

http://www.kidsurplu...m/hsb61983.html

It's listing at $35.99 (which would be plus shipping). The location of this seller is in Vermont, which makes sense as far as where they'll probably start coming in from (meaning the east coast), so it's probably legit. Just wanted to put another source out there.

Edited by Carbon, 24 July 2006 - 05:22 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#2 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

The price of $35.99 is what they are actually charging without shipping. Add an additional $7.95 for shipping and that is your total price. I will be calling them tomorrow as well to find out if they have them in stock and why they raised the price. They are saying that the price has been reduced by 25% from $47.99 to $35.99.

Unlike Sistermol's topic, I am not calling bullshit on you, just pointing out that we all can wait until it truly releases and not get diddled by some company trying to get us to pay more for it than Hasbro intended.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#3 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

Badger have you called super target yet.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

The price of $35.99 is what they are actually charging without shipping. Add an additional $7.95 for shipping and that is your total price.

It's probably more. They state that it's oversize, so additional shipping charges apply.

Unlike Sistermol's topic, I am not calling bullshit on you, just pointing out that we all can wait until it truly releases and not get diddled by some company trying to get us to pay more for it than Hasbro intended.

Oh, I agree with you, but I also know that some people want to be on the bleeding of getting this thing. I'm quite happy to wait until it's widely released, but I've also been on the other side...where I've spent way too much to get someting early. To each their own, I guess.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

Oh, I agree with you, but I also know that some people want to be on the bleeding of getting this thing. I'm quite happy to wait until it's widely released, but I've also been on the other side...where I've spent way too much to get someting early. To each their own, I guess.

I was one of those people until I spent all my money on a magstrike that I'll have Wednesday or Thursday. It'll be a while 'til I have $30 again so I'll have to wait for the Longshot, which I guess is good since I won't get diddled on the price.

Good find, Carbon. Maybe someone who has the cash will buy one, come up with a way to mod it, and do a write up. I've got my fingers crossed.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#6 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

I bought it a minute ago. I know it is a lot, but i have been waiting for it for a while, and it costed about the same price in all as the magstrike! Critisize all you want, but I am very excited for it!!!
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

I bought it a minute ago. I know it is a lot, but i have been waiting for it for a while, and it costed about the same price in all as the magstrike! Critisize all you want, but I am very excited for it!!!

When you get it I'd greatly appreciate you giving everyone some info on it. I have a few unanswered questions about it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If you want to, you could also try to mod it and do a write up. I've been waiting for someone who can get their hands on one to coax some good ranges out of it.

Probably dead by now, or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users