Photo

Dtg Integration

84 replies to this topic

#1 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:11 PM

I've been very happy with my new DTGs. My strong NF spring fit inside of this baby and now it has some kick:

Posted Image

Next, I had a few at2k internals sitting around and since I already had the blue DTG that performed well, I decided to mod it with one of them. Here are the results:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the pictures speak for themselves so I'll spare you a book long review. I will add some barrels if I get some more brass. I may try to nest some cpvc inside of the stock barrels, but there isn't much room for that. Any questions?
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#2 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:23 PM

What kind of range do you get with each of them?

I have a few NF springs lying around so I'm curious about the blue one, did you have to change anything to accomodate the new spring or did it just fit?

I use a DTG for my primary in indoor wars and I've been looking for a way to give it more kick...

[EDIT] - Great job on the red one as well. Very cool idea.

Edited by AssassinNF, 01 July 2006 - 02:26 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#3 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:27 PM

I haven't tested ranges yet due to not having barrels. I'll post them when I do get them.

The blue DTG gets around 75-80' consistently. I was very pleased with it's performance and the spring just fit. No modification needed.

I personally like the red DTG better it feels better (I hate that front second handle) and takes less energy to use. I only have to prime it one or two times.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

Where is the at2k pump? Is that long black thing the barrel of the 2k? Also how do you cock the DTG? It seems like you took out the green slider on top.

Edit- Forgot to say - AWESOME mod. :huh:

Edited by nerfer34, 01 July 2006 - 02:37 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:37 PM

The at2k pump is removed. I use a bike pump because it fills it with air 3 times faster. It doesn't cock. This gun rotates the barrels everytime the trigger is pulled. The trigger is hooked to the at2k internals by a small wire. I pump the gun two times and pull the trigger. Repeat 10 times

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:06 PM

The at2k pump is removed. I use a bike pump because it fills it with air 3 times faster. It doesn't cock. This gun rotates the barrels everytime the trigger is pulled. The trigger is hooked to the at2k internals by a small wire. I pump the gun two times and pull the trigger. Repeat 10 times

OOO. AWESOME. I get it. It's like an at2k times 10. WHOA. That thing must be unstopable. AND it only takes 2 pumps.

EDIT- I am definaitly doing this. How do you work a bike pump though? Is that the same as like a ball pump? Because I have tons of those...

Edited by nerfer34, 01 July 2006 - 03:08 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

Done. :huh:

I put an NF spring in my red DTG, and it works well. I'll do the same to my blue one when I get another spring.

Great Idea and nice job on both of them.

[EDIT] After comparing both of my DTG's, the one with the NF spring was inferior to the unchanged one. It turns out that the DTG spring is a little stronger than the NF spring even though the NF spring is larger (the NF spring is alot easier to compress), so I put the old spring back in.

Anyways, great job on the brass barrels and the AT2K Integration.

Edited by AssassinNF, 01 July 2006 - 03:55 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#8 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:36 PM

Nice I love the idea. The red one is great. I wouldn't CPVC the red one. It doesn't fit for you to dremel it out and put them in there. you must create you own turret. I did that yesterday to my DTG. I works okay but the gun is much heavier. I would brass it again or PETG it. Other than that I love both of them and can't wait for the ranges on the red one.

#9 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:52 PM

Thanks for the comments and the advice! I should be getting ranges out very soon. I have to lube up the back of the turret and adjust the length of the wire. It isn't firing where I'd like it to, but that won't be a hard fix.

#10 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:00 PM

SInce this thing would be like a long range assault rifle(not reffering to real firearm). YOu may want to cut down the back where the DTG green slider was. Just a suggestion because I find that area uncomfortable.

EDIT- I just realized I bet carrtoon could own all of us at once in a skirmish with all of his new weapons. :huh: Carrtooon have you ever been in battle?

Edited by nerfer34, 01 July 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#11 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:45 PM

how much range do you think the brass adds? Any rotation problems? Did you use 17/32?
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#12 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

SInce this thing would be like a long range assault rifle(not reffering to real firearm). YOu may want to cut down the back where the DTG green slider was. Just a suggestion because I find that area uncomfortable.

EDIT- I just realized I bet carrtoon could own all of us at once in a skirmish with all of his new weapons. :huh: Carrtooon have you ever been in battle?

Nope. Never been to a battle. Actually, I've never seen a nerf gun in anyone elses hands except mine around here. But I hope that changes in a few weeks...

The brass I used was 1/2". Some people seem to think it's too small but it works just fine for me. I was having problems with the rotation earlier, but I lubed up the turret and it's working just fine now. If you were asking if the weight mattered in the rotation of the barrel the answer is no

#13 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:09 PM

you must have might small stefans. Did you use 6'' lengths or what?

#14 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:18 PM

The FBR I use is 1/2" and the fit is nice. The barrels are nested all the way to the bottom of the turret, so yeah, about 5 or 6 inches

#15 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

ok i just added an old style nf spring into my dtg. ranges decreased. How the hell do you get 70-80 feet is it the brass?

#16 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

I don't have an old style NF spring in mine. Mine is at least 2x more powerful. Stock springs are not very powerful.

Heres the vid to the red one:

Firing the DTG

#17 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

then how did you take an nf spring and make it stronger??

#18 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

I didn't. I bought an industrial grade spring at Fleet Farm. It barely catches but puts out a wallop!

#19 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

you said you used a nf spring, you dirty liar, you :huh: anyways, anyway i can improve the spring without getting an industrial one? I have an extra maverick spring , as well. Would double springing it work?

Edited by SirTofu, 01 July 2006 - 06:32 PM.

#20 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

then how did you take an nf spring and make it stronger??

He *gasp!* bought a new one.

Hardware stores often sell springs. I believe the one's Carrtoon uses are sold in pairs, in a plastic bag with yellow cardboard backing, and are slightly longer than stock NF springs, and a shit-load stronger than stock NF springs. Those are the one's I use, anyway. Another good thing to do is replace the o-ring. I found one that works excellently in my DTG.

EDIT: Oh... Carrtoon posted his answer before I wrote mine out. Never mind.

My DTG is brassed with 5" 17/32 K&S Brass, they have a new spring, and a new o-ring. The air-restricitor bases are still there, but dremeled out, so I can still open up the turret if I need to. I get around 70 feet with mine.

Also, what Nerfer34 said about cutting off the rear of the gun: I'd suggest you make a stock for it. You know how that little grey circular endcap can come out of the gun? Well, that little hole it leaves is perfect for nesting the end of a stock in. That's what I did to mine, and it's very, very comfortable.

This thing's my new indoor primary! I love the DTG. And Carrtoon's AT2K integration seems like a GREAT idea. But, Carrtoon, do you think it'd be possible to make some kind of air reservoir that you would pump up, and it would then feed into the AT2K chamber, which could be fired, and refilled, and fired, and refilled, etc.?

If you could get that to work, it would be one of the coolest guns around.

Sincereley,
Pat

Edited by {SF3G}pat 2nd Lt., 01 July 2006 - 06:33 PM.

QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#21 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

You hit all the points in the thread {SF3G}pat 2nd Lt.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Make some pressure tanks that would store in the back of the gun. Pump the gun up, turn the valves, fire, open a valve, fire, etc. I bet it would work, but opening 10 valves would be a pain. If you look at the video you can see that one pump will shoot the dart at a good velocity. It doesn't take much effort and is quick. Two pumps will make the dart spiral out of control. The internals of a Hornet or a Big Salvo may work for multiple shots. This is turning into a really neat gun!

#22 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

Carrtoon does this industrial spring fit into a NF?

#23 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:07 PM

Yep, it fits the NF and the DTG perfectly

#24 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:11 PM

Carrtoon your PM box is full. I don;t want to waste this post so.....er.....
Great job Carrtoon!

#25 marcoman6391

marcoman6391

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:39 PM

Great job as usual Carrtoon. But whats the weird metal bar coming down the bottom back of the pump. It looks like the back a wrench. A really tiny wrench.

Also is one pump from that bike pump enough to fill the 2k tank completely or no?

Also the 2k tank was integrated very cleanly.

Maybe instead of putting a stock in the extra space where the spirng and catch was before you could integrate maybe a nightfinder or crossfire and have a barrel up top so that you can shoot an extra shot incase you are reloading during a battle.Or you could put a stock, doesnt really matter.But good job anyways.

Marcoman6391

(Posting from Philadelphia) WOOT!

Edited by marcoman6391, 01 July 2006 - 07:45 PM.

"Just because your on a diet, doesn't mean you still can't look at the menu"

Favorite Quote^^^^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users