At2k Paintjob

My 2nd paintjob

3 replies to this topic

#1 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

First, I'll start out by showing the paintjob, the main mod to the gun. It started with the thought of making a lightning paintjob with my new airbrush. I sanded off all of the logos. Then, I painted the gun 3 times with white primer, sanding off some everytime:

Posted Image

Next, I painted the gun with a few coats of black gloss spray paint. The tough part was how to do the lightning. I finally realized that this was a bit passed my skills for now. I painted the front white and then covered it in a metallic dark purple. Then I painted the white over front of the purple and it gave me this look:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The paint has been sanded down with 1000 grit, so it's also very smooth. Questions? Comments?
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#2 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:59 PM

It looks nice, but I honestly liked it better in the first picture with just the primer. I just think that first picture looks really cool. It makes me want to paint an at2k entirely flat white, or rather, it makes me hope someone else does, because I don't paint my nerf guns.

#3 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:12 PM

I have one word for you Carrtoon. WOW great job
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#4 Nero121

Nero121

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

It's really good! I'd love to see it fade into another dark color though, maybe a blue or maroon.

Edited by Nero121, 24 April 2006 - 04:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users