Photo

Crossfire Ppk

12 replies to this topic

#1 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

This is just a quick cut down mod. The crossfire is the most underrated pistol in my opinion. I achieved 55' ranges simply because I found the right ammo. I did no barrel modifications what so ever. This gun is all about which dart foam compresses the best in the back of the barrel (firm foam...new darts).

Here's the mod:

Posted Image

Here I simply cut off the ammo holders...but knowing I would receive criticism, here's the second part.

Posted Image

I discovered that the ammo holder clips back on underneath the barrel.

Posted Image

These are the type of darts I achieved 55' ranges with.
Classic style red suction tip darts.

The only downside is the LnL like recoil from the top cocking mechanism, but the extremely light weight makes up for it.

The purpose of this mod was to make the CF lighter and easier to holster. Also pointing out that you don't have to go through such a complicated barrel modification to acheive good ranges.

Edited by Arcanum, 08 March 2006 - 09:09 PM.

Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#2 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:17 PM

It looks nice, and performs well. Pretty nice ranges with stock darts, but I assume you would not be using stock darts in an actual war. I don't know your setup though. Good Job though.

Edited by Rip32, 08 March 2006 - 11:18 PM.

http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#3 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:31 PM

Great job! I get similar ranges with mine, but many of my darts won't fit, or won't fire right.

slightly off topic: Do you know where I can get the red micros? They work best in all my guns, but I only have a few of them, and I need more.

Edited by AssassinNF, 09 March 2006 - 01:33 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#4 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:47 PM

It looks like those are the ones that sell off Hasbro's site, but they've been out of circulation for awhile in stores(The red ammo). I believe the series was the airjet?

#5 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

Yes, the series was airjet. I know because the few red darts I have came with my Wildfire. The red darts are on the Hasbro product List, but are they on the ammo order form on the site? It doesn't specify which micro darts you can buy.

Once again, great mod, Arcanum. I'm the process of doing this to my Crossfire.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#6 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

How well does the ammo Holder stay on after you cut it down?

Edited by bartel, 20 July 2008 - 05:19 PM.

"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#7 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

I found one of these darts at a flea market in a wildfire I recently purchased, my crossfire gets similar ranges.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#8 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

Did you guys even bother looking at the date?

#9 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

Yes, I did look at the date, but I had a question about the mod that I needed answered. What would you suggest I'd done, start a new topic? If I have a question about a mod, I'll post it in the topic on said mod. That's were it belongs, so that's where I put it. And besides, your the one adding an uneeded post to an old topic.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#10 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

You should have pmed the question.

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

Yes, I did look at the date, but I had a question about the mod that I needed answered. What would you suggest I'd done, start a new topic? If I have a question about a mod, I'll post it in the topic on said mod. That's were it belongs, so that's where I put it. And besides, your the one adding an uneeded post to an old topic.

Don't post in months-old topics unless you have something significant to add.

That is copy-and-pasted from the CoC, which you have read, I'm sure. Notice that it says "add", not "ask". Kid Flash is correct. If it is an old topic, you should pm the creator. If they are no longer active, then try something else.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#12 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

fuck all of you
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#13 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

Alright, I see your point. I should have pm'ed the person, but that didn't even cross my mind. I did not realize it was such a big deal. It won't happen again.

And Butt man, what the hell are you posting here for. You have nothing to add, so shut up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users