Photo

Tek10

A very "different" kind of modification.

14 replies to this topic

#1 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:41 AM

-EDIT- Here's a write up! http://www.freewebs....fs.htm#54854309

Userjjb did a single barrel tek6 mod, this inspired me to go ahead and do that to my tek10. (Reference to single barrel mod: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=4533 )

I have tried to mod the turret on my tek10, after replacing the barrels with some pvc and tried it out: Nothing, the darts didn't even come out of the barrels. So I decided it was time to give up on it and just go ahead and singlebarrel it.

Here's a picture of my failed turret:

Posted Image

I had a problem with singlebarreling a nerfgun with 10 quickshots.
So I decided to go the distance and try something outrageous.
I shotgun modded my tek10 by putting the trigger in a different position.
It actually works as a shotgun, because I put the cocking handle on the bottem. You hold it like a shotgun, and prime it like a shotgun. It only shoots one dart at a time.

Here's an original tek10:

Posted Image

And here's my newly shotgun modded tek10:

Posted Image

I call it the TekShotgun

Posted Image

Edited by mayhem, 14 June 2005 - 01:48 PM.

#2 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:51 AM

That is pretty nice. Where can you find the buzz bee toys? How manny darts do you fit into the barrel? Or is it just 1 shot but the cocking handel is in a difrent place?

~ALEX

#3 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:58 AM

I would love an explanation as to how you went about doing the mod and which parts went where.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

Thats awesome man, any ranges?
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:05 AM

- I think I got the tek10 at a toys are us in Oklahoma last summer.
- I thought about taking picture while I was doing it, but I wasn't too hopeful it was going to work out, and taking pictures just gets me excited and if it turns out terrible I'm dissapointed. BUT, since it worked I'm going to work on a few drawings that will show where I cut, and how I did the trigger mechanism.
-Ranges are not incredible, but it does get a decent 50 ft.

#6 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

That is just awesome man, you've really been cranking out alot of content lately, keep it up. ^_^

Edited by duce, 14 June 2005 - 11:07 AM.

"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#7 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

That is sweet! I love the cocking handle on the bottom. I'd give you a rep point for that if I could.

I would like to know why the turret didn't work out, do you think it was a bad seal or maybe just not enough air from the small plunger to push the darts out?

#8 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:51 AM

Excellent job, it looks great, even if the ranges are the best, that's definetly cool looking, can't wait to see the write up.

Keep making these mods,

HT
Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

#9 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:09 PM

I would like to know why the turret didn't work out, do you think it was a bad seal or maybe just not enough air from the small plunger to push the darts out?

I think it was just everything put together, the small plungertube, there's nothing to seal it between the plungertube and the turret, it wasn't easy to get the barrels airtight... so, yeah. Very dissapointing.

But I am happy with this, I just thought about it yesterday. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought I could actually do it. And it turned out better than I expected.

I'm running out of nerfguns to modify ^_^

-EDIT- I wrote a write up: http://www.freewebs....fs.htm#54854309

Edited by mayhem, 14 June 2005 - 01:48 PM.

#10 Nerf Warrior

Nerf Warrior

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:20 PM

If you want to know where to buy them then look at the thread I started.

Edited by †Nerf Warrior†, 14 June 2005 - 03:20 PM.

-†Nerf Warrior†-

#11 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:44 PM

mayhem, there is a rubber piece in between the turret and plungertube.

I have multibarreled it with crayolas and it gets around 40' flat with stefans. the turret comes in to two pieces. There is a seam at the bottom. You should be able to use a screw driver to pry it apart carefully. One of the pieces has the barrel posts and the other has the outer barrels. Take the one with the barrel posts and cut them down to 1/2 an inch. Then wrap the barrel posts with 1/2 strips of duct tape until you barrel can fit very tightly. Then take superglue or epoxy and glue the barrels on.Hot glue is to bulky and can cause a leak. Take the outer barrels and cut them off 1/2 from the bottom and put the 1/2 inch back on the gun.(you don't need the rest) Then take hot glue and put it around the 1/2 inch piece.(it is not for a seal its for barrel support) Then assemble the gun and wrap tape around the barrels for support.

This gun is pretty good for only getting 40' flat.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#12 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, I think I messed that rubber part up... that didn't help the seal any.
But it's too late now... there's no way I can reattach the turret anymore.
Ans I don't have anymore.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL ?

If you've gotten your tek10 or your tek6 to get decent ranges, then do the shotgun mod to it... I mean think about it: shotgun action, 6 -10 barrels, stinkin' awesome if you ask me. I've got a friend who messed up his tek6, maybe he'll let me try it.

By the way: The pictures aren't working at the moment because photobucket is down. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

#13 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:09 PM

I've changed the look a little, and tested the range again with different darts.
The new range is 60-70 ft. The new look is:

Posted Image

#14 Nerf Warrior

Nerf Warrior

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:14 PM

I am very impressed! I will definately have to try that with my tek ten.
-†Nerf Warrior†-

#15 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

Wow. You've definately been cranking out the impressive mods lately, all of them rather innovative and definately all pretty neat. Congrats on yet another successful modification. I'm definately suprised nobody has thought of this before, so congrats on thinking the idea up, since so many kids seem obsessed with shotgun cocking action.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users