Night Maverick Plans

NMP

9 replies to this topic

#1 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:49 AM

Hi, I was sitting around one day and it hit me why not use the main casing of the maverick and replace the plunger with a night finder plunger, This is what I got.

Cut this part off of the maverick.
http://img105.echo.c...ckformod5mr.jpg
Cut this off of the night finder
http://img105.echo.c...nfformod1pw.jpg
No I have not tryed this but I will once I get another night finder and maverick...
One problem I ran into is the fireing macanism. I will be tring to find a way to fix this soon.Tell me what you think of my idea. :) it should come out somewhat like this.
http://img105.echo.c...maverick3uk.jpg

~ALEX

#2 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:10 AM

It would be cool, I think. But, how would the barrels rotate? Hand Rotate? And wouldn't you still lose some air? Well I guess if it's more powerful plunger, then more air would get through. Good luck.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot the barrel rotates with the trigger pull. Shows how much I like the maverick.

Edited by Sqiggs89, 13 June 2005 - 11:56 AM.

Been a while.
#bro

#3 footemps

footemps

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:29 AM

It would be cool, I think. But, how would the barrels rotate? Hand Rotate? And wouldn't you still lose some air? Well I guess if it's more powerful plunger, then more air would get through. Good luck.

the barrels rotate on the trigger pull... i see no problem in changing the plunger.

He might lose some air but the original maverick plunger loses air anyway.

#4 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:33 PM

Somebody already did this with a NF plunger but left the mav cocking mechanisim. It was posted on NHQ pre hack, i'm sure it was posted here too.

#5 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:47 PM

Hmm... I dont seem to be able to find any mod like this, oh well. I will try to do this in about 2 weeks becouse I am low on cash. Did you like the pictures I made for this?

~ALEX

#6 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:09 PM

Here it is:

nf tube/mav pics

They just put the nite finder plunger, spring, catch piece, and plunger rod in the maverick. They cut down the plunger tube so it would fit and used the 3 pronged piece that stops the plunger from going out the front of the nf to hold the spring in the back.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#7 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

Did you draw those pics in MS Paint?
Because those are really nice!
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#8 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:46 PM

No, I just used normal paint. Thank you for the complament, I have a thread around here that has all the diferent pictures i made... ;)

~ALEX

#9 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:27 PM

Seriously kickin pics, did you use a tablet? Off topic...

I'm probably going to sound like a broken record, but if you try any sort of NF/Mav integration, be really careful and NASA style precise. I tried to put the NF internals into my mav earlier this summer and did a little bit of a sloppy job drilling out the place for the plunger tube and the whole thing didn't work. Another trick is getting the trigger to work with the NF internals, it's going to require precise gluing. If you pull it off, you have my compliments.

#10 alex6432

alex6432

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:34 PM

No I didn't use a template I just looked at my maverick and my nightfinder and drew them on the computer in paint. :ph34r: I was going to just use my broken maverick and buy a new nightfinder but I got my nightfinder to work today! B) So I will try to do this mod once I get the cash.

~ALEX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users