Photo

At2k Shotgun

38 replies to this topic

#1 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

I've had a couple of airtech 2000's lying around for the longest time, but never wanted to barrel mod them or intergrate them with another gun. So I decided just to gut one of them just for the airtank and pump. I took a piece of black plastic tubing I had lying around to cover twelve inches of 9/16 brass tubing. I located the pump right under the barrel with the help of some spare plastic to give space in between the two. Then I hot glued the two pieces together and wrapped the whole thing up in electrical tape. I also plugged the over release valve.

I added six pieces of brass on the left side of the gun for ammo holders and I also put on a led light that is surrounded by sch80 on the right side (also used on my NFM4). I also added a clip from a keychain on the metal release bar on the back of the pump. Let's have a look...

View from above:
Posted Image

View of the front:
Posted Image

View of me holding the gun:
Posted Image

I loaded up the gun with three darts at a time. The darts measure out to an inch and a half. With three pumps, I acheived the following results:

Shortest of the three darts: 51.75 feet
Middle of the three darts: 56.26 feet
Furthest of the three darts: 61.33 feet

-One dart fired (shoved down the barrel with a ramrod): 83.38 feet

All of these shots were fired with no more than a ten degree angle. The shotgun tests with three darts did not require a ramrod.

#2 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:45 PM

Nice. Looks easy to hold.

#3 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

Looks pretty cool...

Although I'm not familiar with the at2k, is there a way to keep the handle/trigger assembly, rather than tossing it aside?

But that thing must be pretty powerful to be able to launch three darts that far...
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:51 PM

Wow. Just...wow. That thing is seck-sy. I love it, especially with all that E-tape all over it. It looks really nice and comfortable to hold. I like the keychain trigger too, very nice dude. That is by far the most unusual and original mod on a 2k I've ever seen. I love it. Good job Snake.

Edit: Kirby, I doubt you could keep the trigger and still keep the gun that compact and small, as it would require a case to hold the trigger assembly, otherwise it would fall off. Once again, nice job.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 11 June 2005 - 11:53 PM.

SexD Warves

#5 MysticNinja

MysticNinja

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:02 AM

That is by far the most unusual and original mod on a 2k I've ever seen. I love it.

Get out more, or look harder.

On a side note: Snake, good job; never let a good gun rot away. Have fun, I've always loved shotguning at2ks.

Edited by MysticNinja, 12 June 2005 - 12:06 AM.

An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

#6 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback. When I first stared the mod I tried to throw a handle on there but it became to bulky. So I Just decided to trim it down as much as possible and still have a good looking gun.

And yes, I've seen some pretty crazy shtie that people have done with their at2k's, like THIRTS' semi auto gun that is like woah. I just figured that if everyone else is coming up with so many ways to use an at2k, I might as well give it a shot.

#7 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

I think it'd be awesome if you built a stock for it, shotgun style(so there's an easier place to hold it. Then you could rig the regular trigger through the butt that you just built so that it works regularly too.

In other words make it look more like this:

Posted Image

#8 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

That would be a very nice addition. I'm thinking maybe a stock that is just made out of cvpc or something. But, I do have a auto hardballer shotgun airsoft gun (along with a very nice collection of airsoft guns that I never use becasue people around here are jerks). Now that stock would be perfect. Well I'm going go see what I can do with that.

Oh by the way, when I relocated the plastic tubing that goes into the airtank, I only used hotglue, knowing that there was a good chance of it coming off and leaving me with a leak, which just happened. Would that GOOP stuff be the right choice for this type of sealing?

#9 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:13 PM

Yes, Plumber's Goop would work much better.

#10 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

Which type of tubing did you use? Vinyl?

For that matter, need to make a nerf gun for a math project, yea you heard me, MATH. I am using the AT2K since I have three but I am tearing it up to make it look a lot like yours, except with a handle to have like a one hand hold and a handle like Pinney did on the pump. Very short time span to do this so I was wondering what would be a good replacement for the air tank tubing wise, and what size should I be looking for and where can I get it? I'm assuming its vinyl tubing but I don't know where to look for it or what size I need?

Also, for the barrel, I'll probably be using either CPVC or Copper. Would 12" be too much for those? my CPVC is on my quad AT2K and the bullets go in fairly tight and I have 6" on that, copper is very loose (slide down the barrel loose) so I don't know if I should use it. If so, what would be a good length for copper?

Edited by kickass_jb, 13 June 2005 - 04:16 PM.

My arsenal:

RF20, Rototrack, 3x AT3K, 4x AT2K,Big Salvo,SS1,SSII,
2x SSPB,SM 1500,Rangshot,2x EaB,2x Mav,2x NF,
eagle eye,2x BBB,2x SM3000, 2x Tek 6, PC

#11 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

I really like it but it would be much cooler if it had a stock.

Nice hair by the way :)

Edited by moosenukem, 13 June 2005 - 05:32 PM.

#12 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:41 PM

I tried the stock idea and I didn't like it. It became too big for me. At the start of this project, I was going for a tactical launcher type gun, which it looks like at the moment. I think I'm going to keep this puppy like this.

-Also, I only used twelve inches of brass to be able to fit multiple darts. I would definitely go with like six inches on an at2k if you are just firing single shots.

#13 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

If you ever decided to give it a stock or a grip, may I suggest this design?

Posted Image
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#14 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:22 PM

^That stock makes it look sort of sub-machine gun like. You know, long stock/ short barrel.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#15 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

Well, he can adjust it if he wants to.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#16 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:07 AM

That is an actually a great subtle improvement to the firing mechanism...
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#17 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

Inspired by this idea, I copied it almost exactly except I stuck a CPVC coupler on the end of the valve/barrel and then I glue/taped PEX pipe onto the coupler the act as a guide so now I have removable CPVC barrel. I also added a pump handle for comfort and and handle on the trigger area for comfort and one hand shooting.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My arsenal:

#18 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Very nice. I really like that handle behind the trigger, a full stock to me doesn't feel/appear good. I salute you.

#19 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

A guy at one of our wars did something like that. He did a tank extension and had a breech made of copper that was about 2 ft. long. He didn't tell me the ranges but he did hit a telephone pole from about 130ft. away.

Great job!
Sup?

#20 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

I'm loving it man, keep up the good work.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#21 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:31 PM

Now that's an AT2k, done YOUR way.

Props to both of you, CustomSnake202 and kickass_jb, for your creativity. Not just talk, all results.

Ugh. Time to get back to work on my F.A.R.; I've been slacking.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#22 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

I range tested it and it got a lot more than I expected. I shot three times and the ranges are as follows

128'
109'
124'

mean = 118'

My gun even with the goop still gives a minor air leak that I'm going to fix shortly but thats with those ranges. I already have two friends offering me 40$ a piece. Getting to friends into it plus and getting some $$ at the same time. Talk about a good day.
My arsenal:

#23 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

mean = 118'

Unless you extended the airtank I assume that's an angled range.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#24 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:19 PM

I replaced the airtank with vinyl tubing, it's a little longer and looks a little wider.

EDIT: It's flat ranges

Edited by kickass_jb, 16 June 2005 - 03:52 PM.

My arsenal:

#25 MysticNinja

MysticNinja

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:42 PM

I replaced the airtank with vinyl tubing, it's a little longer and looks a little wider.

EDIT: It's flat ranges

128'
109'
124'

mean = 118'

I don’t think your key board seems to be working properly.
An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users