Semi-auto 2k Prototype-its A Start

or an end?

294 replies to this topic

#1 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:14 PM

Ha! I fooled you! You thought I was going to post a design or concept! Well ha! Another point for me!

I just made a semi-auto 2k, it takes 10 pumps per shot, so 50 pumps, 5 shots. nN very efficient, but its a prototype, and everyone is gonna help make a better design. Yes, even you with the hair! Anyways, its a fully semi auto with my own version of the unknown breech. I was going to do a turret, but I figured on the prototype better airflow would be a good idea. I didnt range test it, or any other gun, but the velocity is something similar to that of a regular 2k. I use this as a shotgun, because Im not into single shot guns, I wanted a high rof high range shotgun, and this is what I came up with. I also extended the handle with 3/4 pvc.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And to those wondering why the hell is he using copper?? Well, my brother found this weird copper that fits my darts beautifly, we measured, and it is smack in the middle of 17/32 brass, and 9/16 brass.

Writeup coming soon to NW, Im really busy, but Im gonan try and get it done as soon as possible.

THIRST
ko

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:21 PM

Remind me how you get that thing to be semi-auto again? Like, what regulates how much air goes in per shot? Otherwise, neat design.

~ompa

#3 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

I assume hes using a rf20 bladder jerry rigged onto the goop gauge wich gives him semi auto ?
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:28 PM

But how does he control how much air goes out per shot? I don't see any sort of regulatory device, unless it's internal.

~ompa

#5 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:29 PM

Well, since the liqatron path to the valve etc. is so small, all I ahve to do is press the trigger quickly and, the air uput is suprisingly consistent. Also, I forgot, this is the 2k Im entering for the mod writeup with you me and vintage, Im getting around to the writeup.

THIRST
ko

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:39 PM

See, what you need is an internal regulator now... Damn you THIRST, that looks like such an interesting idea... I might actually try to get something like that, except it'll be internal and use a ball valve to regulate how much air goes in. Problem is, I don't think I'll have the time to finish it before school starts...

~ompa

#7 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:40 PM

Hey dude, I posted it so other people would improve on it and make the system more efficient. Also, A ball valve would take away the semi auto, though i was thinking about the ballvalve idea, it would destroy the whole purpose.

THIRST
ko

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:43 PM

But those who don't pull the trigger fast enough might have a problem regulating airflow. The ball valve might take away from the semi-auto a little bit, but hey, it's more regulated. Also, how is it semi-auto, as I don't see a clip anywhere that darts automatically load into. :lol:

~ompa

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:46 PM

Ooo, walked right into that one. See, the clip is invisble, so people dont steal it.

Ompa, this is just the first 2k of its kind. Hopefully not the last. Im hoping other people take the idea and make it more air eficient, more consistant, and better all around. I heard a lot of dream talk about people wanting a semi-auto gun with good range/velocity. I hope this sparks some creativity in people. Ompa, when I say people, I was reffering to you. Get crackin! :lol:

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 26 August 2004 - 03:50 PM.

ko

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:48 PM

Ooo wait a minute... Doesn't the AT3k have some sort of mechanism that opens the air chamber only for a short period of time?! That'd be perfect for your uses. Of course, I'm not sure how it works, and could check some pictures later, but it's an idea.

~ompa

#11 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but I wanted to try it on a 2k first, because a 3k is a bit bigger, and a 2k would be better for tests. Anyways, the only problem with the 3k is that the valve is open for a fairly long time, too long I think.

THIRST
ko

#12 Gene-ious

Gene-ious

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:08 PM

lol woops.. forgot to read the words carefully..SEMI-AUTO. thought it was like a rapid fire thing...... hehe.. but to ask.. how long can u keep the air sealed?

Edited by Gene-ious, 26 August 2004 - 04:11 PM.

<----Down to Earth Thinker

#13 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:10 PM

For anyone that doesn't have quick trigger fingers, i suggest added a spare RF20 valve in there, works wonders. Anyway, i noticed not much in the way of bands or tube on the bladder...that'd probably improve the range a bit.

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:13 PM

It'd be too clunky Texas. Plus, it'd just be... weird. Keep in mind you'd need a housing to keep the back part of the valve immobile then.

~ompa

#15 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:25 PM

Ok I like that a lot, Couple that with a 3dbbq/my'ish barrel assembly with room for 5 shots and your are good to go. Are ALL SHOT CONSISTANTLY GOOD RANGED? I doubt it, something tells me that the last shots will be less, but im excited to see how it works for you, if you say you can get a consistant 5 shots out of it thats really exciting. Is that indeed a RF20 bladder? Would it be a hassel to make ones own bladder?
~SS

#16 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:27 PM

Yes, Yes, No. The bladder will allow for the airtank to FULLY fill except for possibly the last shot. Not shots. Yes, RF20 bladder. No, it shouldn't be too hard to make if you have hose clamps and bike tubing.

~ompa

#17 Gene-ious

Gene-ious

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:27 PM

How cone u dont try using AT4K? probably could make it like a Rapid Fire if u change the rotary part of the 4k? or is that impossible?
<----Down to Earth Thinker

#18 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:29 PM

Looking at his armory, he can't, as he doesn't have an AT4k. This would be rather cool on an AT3k though, but the problem is I don't want to risk messing mine up...

~ompa

#19 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:30 PM

if you put:
Posted Image
or even just the first HALF of that (2nd back clip not needed) you could really call it a semi-auto, just tilt the gun down, shoot, tilt the gun down, shoot for 5 shots, only thing is you couldnt have it going straight up, it may have to be off to the side or below, but that TYPE of barrel assembly would flatter this new mod.

Edited by ShortShit, 26 August 2004 - 04:30 PM.

~SS

#20 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:32 PM

W00t cool combo-mod in order! Or install this thing on an AT3k for a wicked killing machine.

~ompa

#21 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:36 PM

We have an AT4k lying in pieces...Adding the turret to this gun would increase the ROF to a rate that is purely cheap. I think by increasing the air flow the gun would perform much better.

How I might increase airflow
Not put the bladder on the liguitron, but after it on the vinyl. Possibly removing the liguitron section of the gun also- resulting in solely vynil and a bladder connecting the pump and valve.

Crank'
Tyranny Response Team

#22 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:36 PM

if you were using 1.5" darts (which work well with the at2k) you could have a 7.5" of SCH 80 PVC coming off of the valve allowing 5 darts to be in the waiting barrel, with maybe 5" of PETG or 9/16th brass at the end. This may make the thing long, but you would have 5 semi auto shots without reloading or repriming. Shit now I gotta buy a RF20 and steal the bladder. I've got 3 extra at2ks to play with!

*this is all assuming that we can still get 90ish range on all 5 shots, otherwise we might as well just all use a fricken Hornet.

Edited by ShortShit, 26 August 2004 - 04:47 PM.

~SS

#23 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:47 PM

Or you take a bike inner tube... And make multiple layers...
Tyranny Response Team

#24 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:21 PM

As always, ugly, but very awsome Thirst. Good work, cant wait to see improvemeants, though I cant think of any at the moment.

#25 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:28 PM

Wait until you see my AT2K Thirst! :lol:

Good job, but I want to know what pressure the bladder is under. That is what will hurt or help the range when comparing it to the standard airtank.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users