J_dub's Mt-pos

ideas, comments?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Dub

Jay Dub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:17 PM

Here it is, the Massed Together - Piece Of Shit.

Most props to ShortShit for being helpful, other props to 3dbbq and others.

Posted Image

Mainly i put 3dbbq's barrel in a breech and put the air into the front and back with vavles for semi auto. . . IN PROCESS of being made. This is a simple semi auto pistol-main gun. It depends on the size it comes out as. It fits 3 bullets into the barrrel at a time for a pistol, and 5 for a main gun.

Edited by J_Dub, 23 August 2004 - 10:24 PM.

Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions?
RvB

#2 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:05 AM

Ok I see... *examines drawing*

I like it. Let me see if I've got it straight:
-pump gun with all valves open accept for the highest up valve.
-close all other valves/load gun
-firstly pull front/upper valve to release a shot
-for the second shot you use the upper/backmost valve
-for the third shot you use whichever valves you want to use the rest of the air in the chamber... Is that correct at all?

I like the idea of being able to shoot using diff valve/triggers, my only fear is that it may prove a little complicated when used practically in a war due to the multiple valves, yes?
~SS

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:01 AM

It wont work. Each secondary airtank will need to be bigger than the last, by about 2 atmoshpheres. By having 3(?) airtanks, your going to have a huge gun. Right now, your first tank will fir well, second will fire well, and that last one wont fire more than 20 feet, simply because its such little air diffusing in a lot of space. Have each airtank twice the sieze of the one that cd2.wbefore it.

THIRST
ko

#4 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:47 AM

Uhhh... How will you pump that thing the plunger will touch the ball valve wont it?

Edited by Osiris, 24 August 2004 - 10:48 AM.

#5 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 12:05 PM

Uhhh... How will you pump that thing the plunger will touch the ball valve wont it?

What the heck are you talking about? I think it is a ball pump linked to a stronger check valve.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#6 Jay Dub

Jay Dub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:48 PM

ok guys, that is a pump connected to a check valve, and the chambers might need to be expanded. The triggers are going to be angled i think, havent gotten to that part yet. Yes shortshit, that is how the gun is going to operate unless you only want a single shot.

On a single shot you just pump and shoot. That was what it was origanally madce for, but i thought it wouldnt hurt to put some extra valves on their and give it a try. thanks for the post, i think this gun might be done in 2 weeks, just because im building a house 16 hours a day.

It should only take at most 10 pumps, so it is easy to reload the air.

Thanks again y'all

Edited by J_Dub, 24 August 2004 - 02:50 PM.

Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions?
RvB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users