Photo

[IL] S.C.S.N.W. Presents... Foam-Zilla! (NERF WAR)

You don't want to miss this one!

14 replies to this topic

#1 markeski

markeski

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image

Foam-Zilla!
War is scheduled to take place at:
Pilcher Park in Joliet, IL

Location: Pilcher Park [SEE BOLD FACE TYPE BELOW FOR SPECIFIC LOCATION IN PARK] / 2501 Highland Park Dr. Joliet, IL
Date: Sunday April 26th 2015
Time: 11am-5pm

IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS INFO:
Pilcher park grounds adjacent to Bird Haven Greenhouse and Conservatory (225 Gougar Road Joliet, IL). Gouger is right off the expressway for easy access. If you get directions to the conservatory, its the Pilcher Park entrance right next to the conservatory, there is ample parking, and enclosed picnic tables for lunch/staging or trades/sales before and after the event. You'll see parking and a playground equipment setup nearby and know you're in the right place (look for my bright yellow and black striped Camaro). If you want my contact number ahead of time in event you get lost, PM me and I can provide it.

What to bring:
I will be bringing the community supply of 2500 elite/koosh darts and 700 Silicone Domes. Participants are encouraged to use the community supply (unless you want to use a ball blaster, boomco, or other arrows/missles). If you haven't contributed $20 this season, please bring that with you to help us maintain our community supply. (note: silicone domes are the only stefan type ammo being allowed, no glue domes or metal washer slugs will be permitted, no weighted / bb darts)

+ Nerf or similar foam projectile blasters (homemades subject to event host/co-host approval)
+ At least 1 pistol for the pistol rounds. Clipped stuff counts as a pistol if 6-shot clips are used.
+ Foam Melee Weapons.
+ Eye Protection
+ A bag lunch with plenty of water or some other type of drink
+ Appropriate clothing (please be mindful we are in a public park and do not want to disturb the public)
+ blasters for loaning, trading or selling (pre/post game)
+ portable obstacles / "mobstacles"
+ cash for food / transactions if desired
+ guests participants

What not to bring:

- Slugs/Glue domes/bb weighted darts
- Overly modified blasters (blasters should be in the ballpark range of 100ft or less)

Relevant Information:

- all ages allowed, anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/gaurdian or appointed responsible adult (who can also participate or just stick around and watch).

- if you get hit anywhere on the body or blaster or your carried equipment by any foam projectile it counts as a hit/tag

- try to show up on time if possible, but if you can only stay for part of the day your presence will still be greatly appreciated.

Agenda:

Bash Ball, Defend The Core, Death Match, Medics!, Carpe, Juggernauts, Core Penetration. This is your chance to win the traveling "Ugly Trophy" in the final free-for-all match.

Please post with questions or if you will be attending. Join us on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook...48408601902750/

Edited by markeski, 07 April 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#2 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

I will most likely be there.

#3 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be there as well. If anyone has any specific gametypes or something new they want to try, post it up here or in the Facebook group, and we'll do our best to squeeze it in.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#4 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

I'll also be there with a few others.
I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

#5 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

I'll be there for sure. I'll try and get some normal people too, but I'm not particularly good at that.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#6 markeski

markeski

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

I think in Nerf we appreciate the abnormal, ;)

Also, I strongly encourage anyone on here to join the official group page on facebook. On the group page we have local based discussions on previous and upcoming events, gear for sale/trade, modifications and other Nerf related topics. The "events" feature on Facebook also helps to maintain a relatively accurate headcount for events. Although, currently I have 10 confirmed guests on there, most of the members usually bring a plus one, and others just don't use facebook often enough to confirm (I'd say we have about 20 people actually coming thus far).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/scsnw/

Edited by markeski, 06 April 2015 - 09:37 AM.

#7 markeski

markeski

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

Map added, please by mindful of the parking instructions so you're able to find the group (its a 680 acre park)!

#8 markeski

markeski

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Please Note: If you haven't put in at least $20 for the community dart supply (currently at 2500 darts and 700 domes and growing), I ask that you please bring it with you to contribute. If this is your first war with S.C.S.N.W. this won't apply until you come to another war in the future. We welcome guests and newcomers. To our regulars, please help me sustain our supply of ammo for all to enjoy at these events. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

#9 markeski

markeski

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

Just a reminder, Foam-Zilla is this Sunday 4-26-15 from 11-5pm, hope to see you all there!!

#10 Lord Of The Nerf

Lord Of The Nerf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

I might be there... I need to decide if i want to buy Ultrafires, or buy something else... :)

#11 Lord Of The Nerf

Lord Of The Nerf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

I wouldnt nee stefen darts, right? i am not good at making those yet :P

#12 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

I wouldnt nee stefen darts, right? i am not good at making those yet :P

No you would not have to bring darts.
I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

#13 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

Pumped for tomorrow more normal people should come

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#14 StockinChicago

StockinChicago

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

I'm in the city and would love to be part of this! Never used my arsenal outside of the home. Anyone near Logan Square headed out? I need a ride. I'm good for gas money and laughs!

#15 markeski

markeski

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

Gears ;) "normal people"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users