Unknown air jet tech series blaster

Any one even seen one of these before?

2 replies to this topic

#1 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

I bought some vintage nerf from an online classifieds ad and the lady was kind enough to give me the broken/ non working blasters along with the purchased ones. There were a couple of gems in that dysfunctional pile - namely a complete air tech jet squadron blaster complete with tail and 5 jets. The fifth jet was a puzzle until I found a little blue air pump blaster (also broken) with "do not modify jets or jet launcher" and a 2002 copyright (same year as the tech jet squadron blaster). Dots connected and I realized it must be part of the air tech sonic jet line.

Posted Image

I posted a brag pic to facebook and Bob O'Bob instantly hit on the little blue launcher as unfamiliar/ undocumented territory. After A little more googling I learned there was not an Air jet Tech "line". The squadron blaster was the only documented blaster released that fires the "sonic jets", making this little guy a complete puzzle.(according to orange's nerf page and nerf wiki, and every other resource I could find)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Has anyone ever encountered one of these before? Can you offer a name or even confirm that it actually is part of the air tech jet product line? The squadron blaster barrel pegs have a unique ridge along the top (and only the top) of the pegs. I'll check to see if this has that same ridge.

It doesn't work. It feels like the pump is pushing unrestricted air so either the o-ring is gone, a tube is blown or disconnected, or the tank is ruptured. There are two glued collars so I probably won't be able to open it without destroying it.

As soon as I get a better picture of the stampings I plan on asking the fine folks at Nerf if they can shed any light on the mystery - blaster name, how long it was available for sale, units sold ect. Any thoughts or knowledge from you guys would be appreciated. I've already asked the seller to check with her son to see if he remembers anything about it.
Posted Image
*Edit corrected pictures. I initially had 3 identical pictures.

Edited by shmmee, 11 August 2014 - 10:41 AM.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#2 Green Wing

Green Wing

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Edit:Didn't realize you were talking about that little one.

I have the Jet though so here are pictures of that blaster NIB in this album.

There is no sign of the little blaster on the box advertisement.

Edited by Green Wing, 08 August 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#3 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

Edit:Didn't realize you were talking about that little one.

I have the Jet though so here are pictures of that blaster NIB in this album.

There is no sign of the little blaster on the box advertisement.

Wow. That... wow. I really would of expected to see a mention of it on box art - especially since the rest of the air tech line is being promoted on there.

Does anyone remember these as some sort of promotional item? Like a happy meal toy, cereal box top mail away - or bundled with the main air tech squadron blaster in a limited edition pack?
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users