Has anyone ever tried these?

Non-nerf streamlines

23 replies to this topic

#1 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

On my quest for cheap stock darts, I found these on eBay; has anyone ever tried these types of darts before?
I'm thinking of getting a couple just to give 'em a shot, I'm just wondering if anyone has already.

Edited by Mully, 25 December 2013 - 08:59 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#2 Jayhawker

Jayhawker

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

My thoughts would be to just stick to stock elites. Those are running you .10 a piece. If you keep an eye on Amazon with Prime you can occasionally find the 75 pack of elites on sale for ~$15. AT that point you are paying .20 a pop. Which is worth it IMHO to have to guarantee of quality. But hey, with free shipping, you don't have much to lose picking up a few and seeing how they do!

#3 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

A couple of days ago I actually ordered 3 packs of 10 suction darts off ebay. They were 93 cents per 10 pack so I figured they would be worth a shot. I will post back here when they arrive.
- Nerfgirl36
Yeah I'm a girl....get used to it.

#4 Ivan S

Ivan S

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

The gun pictured resembles this one, SG says the darts that come with that one are solid tipped, so in theory more front-weighted and more accurate than streamlines.
Edit: I read through some comments and apparently despite their solid tips, they are just as inaccurate as normal streamlines.

Edited by Ivan S, 25 December 2013 - 11:08 PM.

You can never take nerf too seriously, but you can easily take yourself too seriously.
~Talio

#5 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'm currently debating buying these darts (http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=171161074795). I sent a message to the seller asking if they compare to n-strike darts versus elite darts but haven't gotten a response yet. They are cheaper than elite darts and have free shipping plus come in some cool colors (what mainly caught my eye). It will be super easy to tell your darts from others'. If anyone has bought these (it says quite a few have been sold) please comment on their quality. It would be very much appreciated.

Posted Image

#6 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

My thoughts would be to just stick to stock elites. Those are running you .10 a piece. If you keep an eye on Amazon with Prime you can occasionally find the 75 pack of elites on sale for ~$15. AT that point you are paying .20 a pop. Which is worth it IMHO to have to guarantee of quality. But hey, with free shipping, you don't have much to lose picking up a few and seeing how they do!

Good point, I'm actually not so big on elites, the heads tear off in higher-power blasters eventually. Thanks a lot for the heads-up though!

A couple of days ago I actually ordered 3 packs of 10 suction darts off ebay. They were 93 cents per 10 pack so I figured they would be worth a shot. I will post back here when they arrive.

Thanks a million, keep me posted.

The gun pictured resembles this one, SG says the darts that come with that one are solid tipped, so in theory more front-weighted and more accurate than streamlines.
Edit: I read through some comments and apparently despite their solid tips, they are just as inaccurate as normal streamlines.

I think it's the same company, I was actually looking for that post earlier today; I re-read the post where SG talked about those darts, it sounds like they're nearly identical to streamlines performance-wise.

I'm currently debating buying these darts (http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=171161074795). I sent a message to the seller asking if they compare to n-strike darts versus elite darts but haven't gotten a response yet. They are cheaper than elite darts and have free shipping plus come in some cool colors (what mainly caught my eye). It will be super easy to tell your darts from others'. If anyone has bought these (it says quite a few have been sold) please comment on their quality. It would be very much appreciated.

[photo cut for brevity]

I was thinking about those too, they look pretty sweet.

So the bottom line is that these things perform as streamlines do, does anyone have any info on the quality of these darts?

Thanks a mil for the help everyone!

Edited by Mully, 26 December 2013 - 12:32 AM.

S.C.U.N.

#7 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

*sigh* She said they compared to n-strike darts.

#8 TARDIS Tara

TARDIS Tara

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I ordered some of those darts before Christmas. They're coming from China, so probably well into the new year before I get them.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" -- Hunter S. Thompson

#9 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

Those darts are pretty dumpy. Some of mine had badly glued heads and ALL of them were a few millimeters shorter than a Nerf brand dart. The difference was such that they don't work in flywheel blasters. Cool color though, mine are yellow.

#10 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

I only bought the cheap suction ones to use around my house and maybe make a few stefans that I dont mind losing(I dont want to lose beige or white). My dog eats all of mine so we will see if these are worth the 93 cents.
EDIT: I just purchased 2 packs of the streamlines that were 99 cents. I will compare them to them to the suction.

Edited by Nerfgirl36, 26 December 2013 - 07:25 PM.

- Nerfgirl36

#11 nerfboy127

nerfboy127

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

I use those darts in my nerf rampage stock gun they suck because there is a hole in the top of them and it makes a foil in which throws them of
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

the second claws of you're sentence mates no cents

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 29 December 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#12 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

So I ordered a few packs of the 93 cent streamline and suction dart 10 packs. Here is a review
Streamlines
The foam is just a little denser than nerf foam. They are actually about 2 cm shorter than standard streamlines so that could be a problem. The heads are completely plastic. They don't collapse at all. They hurt. Im not sure if they are hollow or not but im leaning towards not. If you need cheap foam, this would be the way to go because the foam is nice.
Suctions
These are shaped really oddly. The stem is like microscopic. The head is NOT attached good at all, and I had 2 darts come with the heads off already. They too are short but the foam is standard nerf foam I believe
So overall these darts are good for the price because they are cheap as crap. If you need foam, they will also be great. But if you are looking for hvz darts or whatever it may be, do not buy them. I don't remember which they were, but one time I got 100 of ebay and they were great. So look around for good ones. But I will be using these for the foam.
- Nerfgirl36

#13 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Would you say the streamlines could be cut down for good (decent at least) stefans?

Edit: If they make good stefans then im interested. They're cheap as hell. Could we get some pictures?

Edited by Azrael0987, 09 January 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#14 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yes. I have cut a few down to 1.5 in and they work ok
- Nerfgirl36

#15 Ivan S

Ivan S

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Yes. I have cut a few down to 1.5 in and they work ok

What did you try them in? The plastic instead of rubber tips might make them work in hoppers.
You can never take nerf too seriously, but you can easily take yourself too seriously.
~Talio

#16 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

I just tried them and the tips dont fit in cpvc. Earlier i ment that I had cut some down. The tips are big and do not fit in cpvc.
- Nerfgirl36

#17 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

I just tried them and the tips dont fit in cpvc. Earlier i ment that I had cut some down. The tips are big and do not fit in cpvc.

What is the diameter of the tips? Have you tried PETG or other larger ID barrels?
You want Homemades? I make Homemades.
~le yootoob

#18 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Just tried PETG and they are very loose. A soon as the whole dart gets in, it slides all the way out freely. I domt have any other barrel materials to test.
- Nerfgirl36

#19 Aldegar

Aldegar

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Just ordered these "elite" ebay darts with longer length and strange looking tip Elite darts

www.tacticoolfoam.com

Custom nerf guns and nerf modification kits

#20 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Just ordered these "elite" ebay darts with longer length and strange looking tip Elite darts

I don't know of any hasbro-made darts with these kinds of tips, I suspect they are knock-offs.

#21 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

The streamies definitely are. Ive ordered more, and they are a little shorter than norm hasbro ones.
- Nerfgirl36

#22 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Those elite darts were featured on pSykSG's youtube channel. He called them koosh darts. Search it on there for his review.

EDIT: I just checked and they are featured in episode 58 of PWND.

Edited by Azrael0987, 25 March 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#23 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

These actually have a pretty good following on the nerf subreddit. Apparently they are similar to elite suctions in the fact that you gain accuracy and lose range. The foam has been confirmed to be very similar to elite foam and they are full length. I'm about to order some myself. You can also buy some green ones here: http://m.ebay.com/it...Id=171259159720
You want Homemades? I make Homemades.
~le yootoob

#24 Aldegar

Aldegar

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Got my koosh elites yesterday in the mail and love them. They are a tiny bit shorter so I was afraid they wouldn't do well in flywheel blasters. No issues at all modded rapidstrike had no jamming. Foam is more dense, tip is much more secure and durable than standard elites so I won't be breaking them all the time, and they are for sure noticeably more accurate than standard elites and even suction elites. I am so happy about these darts, I live in the woods and am constantly loosing darts so having an inexpensive and reliable dart is really nice.

Edited by Aldegar, 04 April 2014 - 07:35 AM.

www.tacticoolfoam.com

Custom nerf guns and nerf modification kits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users